• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

UBERhelp1

Very good event. Fun minigame that is new and interesting. Good rewards, including some buildings from times past. Also, I'm mathematically locked into getting a level 10 WF, and I should have plenty of tools left over to get DS. Also, at the same time as being fun, the event is easy. No quests that are too hard, and the minigame is well balanced. Great job on this one, inno.

Altercus

To answer some previous replies:

I realized early on that vases were a distraction from getting the top prize. In any event my main objective is a complete event building. My problem was choosing the wrong strategy for buying and digging. Nothing to be done about it now at this stage. A lvl 9 WF is still a darn good building for 24 tiles which how I will have to look at it.

As far as coming to the forum in order to do a event correctly- why should I have to? I would guess that the majority of players never darken the doorway to the forum. Sucks to be them I guess. There was a time not long ago if you completed an event you got a complete event building, often with upgrades to spare. If Inno wants to turn events into secret balancing acts that's Inno's prerogative but they shouldn't get too surprised when some of us complain. And that's what the forums are for me, a place to complain when Inno ticks me off. Like now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

To answer some previous replies:

I realized early on that vases were a distraction from getting the top prize. In any event my main objective is a complete event building. My problem was choosing the wrong strategy for buying and digging. Nothing to be done about it now at this stage. A lvl 9 WF is still a darn good building for 24 tiles which how I will have to look at it.

As far as coming to the forum in order to do a event correctly- why should I have to? I would guess that the majority of players never darken the doorway to the forum. Sucks to be them I guess. There was a time not long ago if you completed an event you got a complete event building, often with upgrades to spare. If Inno wants to turn events into secret balancing acts that's Inno's prerogative but they shouldn't get too surprised when some of us complain. And that's what the forums are for me, a place to bitch when Inno pisses me off. Like now.

How do you calculate you will wind up with a lvl 9 WF in this Event? Serious question, I don't see how you can be sure of exactly lvl 9 when you have at least one more 330 Scroll toolkit availanle.

I merely offered advice that helps assure you have the best opportunity of winning the next Event, It's up to you whether or not you plan ahead next Event or if you would rather boot (Soccer Event, Get it?) another Event and blame INNO for making Events too tough for you.

Let us know how that works out for you.

DeletedUser40319

I am new to this forum, and want to begin by saying I really love the game and am enjoying the Event. I even got my sons to get me some diamonds for Mother's Day to make sure I could get close to completing the World's Fair as I had a rough start lol

My complaint is the portraits. As an Indian woman, I was excited about the avatars. Finally something that I could really connect with. Instead I get white washed portraits. They look like white women dressed up to go to an Indian woman's wedding or to a Bollywood party.

For a game that encourages cultural exploration, it was really disappointing.

DeletedUser40061

didnt get any artifacts as of yet. ill just have to keep exploring, digging for elusive wonderful treasures.

DeletedUser17143

Today after carfully and skillfully playing this event that unless your willing to buy diamonds you cannot get to level 10 fair, the best you might get if your lucky and have a few diamonds you won , is maybe level 8. so in the end this is a DIAMOND BUYER EVENT to complete. don't think will don much events after this one. When it becomes a diamond buyer only event, then i loose interest in the game and don't recommed it to anyone umless they got lots of spare change to spend on it.

DeletedUser30900

Today after carfully and skillfully playing this event that unless your willing to buy diamonds you cannot get to level 10 fair, the best you might get if your lucky and have a few diamonds you won , is maybe level 8. so in the end this is a DIAMOND BUYER EVENT to complete. don't think will don much events after this one. When it becomes a diamond buyer only event, then i loose interest in the game and don't recommed it to anyone umless they got lots of spare change to spend on it.
Hmm, I didn’t pay a single diamond and I’m getting lv 10 after I finish the quest line. There might be luck, but I’m quite certain you did it wrong

DeletedUser17143

Hmm, I didn’t pay a single diamond and I’m getting lv 10 after I finish the quest line. There might be luck, but I’m quite certain you did it wrong
well i don't know what you mean by wrong, but i do believe there might be built in a small element of luck.

Agent327

My complaint is the portraits. As an Indian woman, I was excited about the avatars. Finally something that I could really connect with. Instead I get white washed portraits. They look like white women dressed up to go to an Indian woman's wedding or to a Bollywood party.

I got a snowman. Does not look like me at all!

Agent327

well i don't know what you mean by wrong, but i do believe there might be built in a small element of luck.

No there isn't. This may come as a total surprise to you, but this forum isn't just there for those that want to complain. Others use it to learn and and become smarter players. If you had taken the ime to read, you would have known how to get to lvl 10 without using diaamonds. It has been told several times. On the other hand, complaining is obviously a lot smarter.

RazorbackPirate

Today after carfully and skillfully playing this event that unless your willing to buy diamonds you cannot get to level 10 fair, the best you might get if your lucky and have a few diamonds you won , is maybe level 8. so in the end this is a DIAMOND BUYER EVENT to complete. don't think will don much events after this one. When it becomes a diamond buyer only event, then i loose interest in the game and don't recommend it to anyone unless they got lots of spare change to spend on it.
You sound so confident in your wrongness. A few direct quotes from the Event page on the fan wiki.

"I just wanted to confirm that it *IS* possible to get a level 10 WF without needing to spend diamonds. I just grabbed my 200th idol today, so I will get my 9th upgrade when I finish the last quest. I spent all scrolls only on the large tool pack and focused only on idols. I finished with 2 brushes, 45 scrolls and 6 days worth of quests remaining. It wasn't easy, but it can be done."

"Yes, true. I have collected 198 idols as of today with some shovels and dynamite left. I bought only the big tool packs and five brushes separately over the course of the event. So with the time remaining and a few more brushes, it's no problem to grab two more idols. I feel Inno was fair in giving enough leeway to make some mistakes in the beginning as the player becomes more proficient at playing the mini game."

"Same here...easily done without diamonds as long as you login every day :)"

Not sure where you made your mistakes, but it seems you've made them. I, like @icarusethan fully expect to get a full level 10 World's Fair in both of my cities for free.

DeletedUser36624

I think you are not quite as skillful as you think you are. While there is an element of luck involved, it is a very minor one, and can't stop skillful play from getting a level 10 fair. 10 grand prizes are needed for a level 10 fair, and I got that without a single diamond involved several days ago.

mamboking053

I am new to this forum, and want to begin by saying I really love the game and am enjoying the Event. I even got my sons to get me some diamonds for Mother's Day to make sure I could get close to completing the World's Fair as I had a rough start lol

That usually happens 9/10 when something is distributed for a mainstream market. Unless it's something specifically for that culture, the representation will usually be a few shades lighter than the most common shade for that culture.

In movies and media they've shown this. In the instances where this isn't true, that rare dark-skinned person tends to always have a very light-skinned significant other.

Sucks, but it's the way the world works. Horses are more likely to see the world from a horses point of view.

DeletedUser29623

Sucks, but it's the way the world works. Horses are more likely to see the world from a horses point of view.

She’s pointing it out so that once people are aware of it, it can be changed. People aren’t horses, and if they want to be more inclusive, which seems to be the case with Inno, then they can only be helped by this kind of feedback. How hard would it be to include some darker-skinned avatars? They add new ones all the time.

mamboking053

She’s pointing it out so that once people are aware of it, it can be changed. People aren’t horses, and if they want to be more inclusive, which seems to be the case with Inno, then they can only be helped by this kind of feedback. How hard would it be to include some darker-skinned avatars? They add new ones all the time.

I'm completely for it.

I was just citing a common problem with representation- especially from western markets. The problem is they could-have, sure. Would-have, maybe. But they didn't. I've heard that Hollywood often favors lighter-skinned ethnic people that look more White than most because it goes over better in terms of sell, and this was because they believe people do not really empathize much with people who look too different. There are exceptions, but this is the general norm.

DeletedUser29623

I'm completely for it.

I was just citing a common problem with representation- especially from western markets. The problem is they could-have, sure. Would-have, maybe. But they didn't. I've heard that Hollywood often favors lighter-skinned ethnic people that look more White than most because it goes over better in terms of sell, and this was because they believe people do not really empathize much with people who look too different. There are exceptions, but this is the general norm.

It’s true, but it’s not that hard to change once people become aware of that bias, and it is changing.

Dani 2.0

I get that Inno needs to have revenue coming in, but to make it where you have to buy diamonds to get a fully leveled event building is extremely discouraging. The ones there after... sure, why not...

RazorbackPirate

I get that Inno needs to have revenue coming in, but to make it where you have to buy diamonds to get a fully leveled event building is extremely discouraging. The ones there after... sure, why not...
Except they didn;t make it this way. I already have a level 10 WF in the bag in one city once I get the last quest upgrade, the other city I expect the same thing, I'm just waiting for another SoK DS to use my 1.9k of remaining scrolls.

The key was to dig only for Idols scooping up whatever tangential vases got uncovered along the way. Those who didn't remain focused on Idols will likely moss out on a level 10 without diamonds to make up for it.

Dani 2.0

Except they didn;t make it this way. I already have a level 10 WF in the bag in one city once I get the last quest upgrade, the other city I expect the same thing, I'm just waiting for another SoK DS to use my 1.9k of remaining scrolls.

The key was to dig only for Idols scooping up whatever tangential vases got uncovered along the way. Those who didn't remain focused on Idols will likely moss out on a level 10 without diamonds to make up for it.

It's a feedback thread, simply stating mine