• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

DeletedUser25252

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook!...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37581

I'm really looking forward to this event. While there is an element of luck, strategy is needed to achieve a fully leveled World's Fair.

DeletedUser14157

This event looks really good, I like strategic games. Rock on FoE.

DeletedUser27889

I loved this game on beta. There's a bit of a learning curve to it but it's worth it. I implore everyone to study the .Gif in the announcement feedback because there is no wiggle room to wasted tools if you want the World's Fair. I'll repost here:

ToolAnimation.gif

I did a bit of math (and @xivarmy was kind enough to check and correct it for me) and it looks like if you want a second fair it would be 36K diamonds with how it was on beta so somewhere in the $250-$300 range depending on what freebies are thrown in with diamond purchase, personally I'll be passing on this myself. Though this game is so fun you might end up spending diamonds just so you can play more. I do hope they make a few tweeks and add more scrolls in overall.

The carousel was also changed in beta and not reflected on the announcement page. It's 3x3 providing both attack and defense. https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Carousel
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 8.22.52 AM.png

Kesto11

Yeah, but the building is 6x4. That's also one of the biggest we have gotten.

Yes it is bigger, but it is also the most efficient FP/square building in the game, and only needs a single motivation for those 10 FPs that cannot be plundered. It's smaller than a TF, produces twice as many FPs, and cannot be plundered. Plus it provides population and some goods. It is arguably the best building in the game besides fully leveled Yggdrasil and GBs of course.

I would much rather have bigger buildings that are significantly more efficient than a bunch of smaller, less efficient buildings.

DeletedUser27889

Also the image they provide of someone barreling through left to right isn't really how you'd play it, it's a bad representation of what to do. One thing not mentioned is once you expose a shadowed tile to "air" you will be able to see it's contents and can decide if it's something worth picking up or not before wasting a tool to get it exclusively.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 8.25.24 AM.png

If you want the Fair without using any diamonds you are better off passing over the Vases. You will get some anyway as you clear, some you may need to leave behind.

DeletedUser40193

hopefully you will make it so the little guy can win some stuff !!!!!! most of these events are made for the big dogs. wishing to win some good stuff

mamboking053

Yes it is bigger, but it is also the most efficient FP/square building in the game, and only needs a single motivation for those 10 FPs that cannot be plundered. It's smaller than a TF, produces twice as many FPs, and cannot be plundered. Plus it provides population and some goods. It is arguably the best building in the game besides fully leveled Yggdrasil and GBs of course.

I would much rather have bigger buildings that are significantly more efficient than a bunch of smaller, less efficient buildings.

The event buildings that give 6 fp in 16 tiles are the most fp efficient buildings in the game so far. Colossus also gives scaling attack power depending on age- making it probably the best building dropped at the moment.

Super Catanian

I am currently in the Progressive Era, and already in the Modern Era on the C-Map.

Is it a coincidence that the side quests I am receiving right now relate to the world fair?

KitKit035

This maybe incorrect but according to the forge wiki World Fair building once motivated can be plundered.

World's Fair
6x4 Special residential building
Provides population, coins.
Provides double coins and up to 10 Goods and up to 10 Forge Pointswhen motivated and can be plundered.

Either way played on beta and it was an outstanding event. Do agree that if you want any chance to get a level 10 World Fair, then make uncovering the idols your focus. You will still get plenty of vases for the other prizes. I did not do this until later in the game and only got up to level 8. Still well worth keeping.

And, for you "little guys" I am only in very early EMA and had no problem completing the quest line.

DeletedUser39760

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook!...
I wonder if you can get scrolls from your events around your city like you were supposed to get cherry blossom trees on the last event?

Emberguard

hopefully you will make it so the little guy can win some stuff !!!!!! most of these events are made for the big dogs. wishing to win some good stuff
What aspects are you struggling with in the events? If you'd like we could help give you advice on how to improve your chances?