• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

BruteForceAttack

Fully agree w/Razorback. This event looks too much like the prior 2; same progression, same quests, unimaginative "rewards" (medals, supplies, coins, goods). How about upgrades to what we already have, Inno? You started doing this a couple of events ago by updating Sakura Garden sets. Why not expand on that idea instead of giving us the same ol, same ol. Hopefully, there are others just as fed up with these every-other-week events as I and choose to sit this one out. Maybe then, Inno will get the message.

The grand prize is good, there is a new daily prize which is not bad at all, on top of these two the mini game is not just click click click. You need to think little bit. So kudos to dev team for coming up with something new.

RazorbackPirate

Fully agree w/Razorback. This event looks too much like the prior 2; same progression, same quests, unimaginative "rewards" (medals, supplies, coins, goods). How about upgrades to what we already have, Inno? You started doing this a couple of events ago by updating Sakura Garden sets. Why not expand on that idea instead of giving us the same ol, same ol. Hopefully, there are others just as fed up with these every-other-week events as I and choose to sit this one out. Maybe then, Inno will get the message.
If this post is in agreement with mine, you've completely missed the point of my post. Just to be clear, I am in complete disagreement with everything you said above.

BTW - The Pagoda from the Spring event added 6 new levels to an existing event building, Carnival gave us both a level 1 and level 2 set from the same event. Whatever.

RazorbackPirate

i can see getting the building to 5 , 6, or even 7.but is there leagues?without em this might be super hard...
I've been going through the quests, but have yet to start clearing the labyrinth. Seems the key is to focus on gathering idols, largely ignoring vases. It also seems prudent to grab tools as they appear, since that might save a few scrolls. With the structure, I see no need to rush into clearing tiles. We'll see how it goes, but I'm not giving up on a level 10 until the last scroll is spent. I also won't set my expectations around other player's failures.

DeletedUser40222

Do some reading on the few popular spots, these forums, you tube videos, wikis, etc., for what people have found in the beta and the real game and you will come to understand that you most likely can get the level 10 if you focus on only going after the idols. You will need to complete all of the quests to be able to buy enough of the large pack of tools based on current experiences from beta. If you get all the scrolls, you can afford up to 12 of the large tool kits and still have a tiny bit left over for individual tool purchases if needed. To get the building to Level 10 you need to complete all quests to get the Level 1 and 2 upgrades via progression rewards. The remaining 7 upgrades needed are obtained through the Grand Prize rewards after collecting 20 idols. Inno is smarter than the average bear and makes you complete a total of 10 Grand Prize collections to get these remaining 7 upgrades. So, at 20 idols each mutlipled by 10 Grand Prizes, you have 200 Idols required to get a level 10 World's Fair. If you assume you only purchase 12 large tool packs, you need to find an average of 17 idols per large kit use.

In my very limited experience having this information, it seems plausible to get the level 10 if you focus only on the idols and not chasing after the vases. You will get vases as a result of clearing idols or moving the game screen forward if you have no other idols to chase after. You do have to use a bit of strategy not present in the usual events. You need to think about which tool is best for the situation and where in the game screen it needs to be utilized for maximum result. Of course, there is some luck involved, too.

I am personally finding this event more fun than the last ones. The last ones are pretty much just point and click. This is an actual game on its own.

DeletedUser40222

oh ok.im 14/20 idols for the first upgrade...is it true i should focus for 330 packs?

Yes, to maximize the value from your scrolls. If you are truly focusing on a fully upgraded world's fair then you will probably need all the large tool packs you can get. Don't get trapped into buying a few tools to get a vase so you can get the daily unless you realllly want it. (edit) I would still recommend only focusing on the idols if your goal is a WF Level 10 - make no exceptions and info from the beta is that you should have really good chances to be successful. If you aren't too concerned with a maxed WF, then you can probably pick and choose what to go after as you see fit.

Also, the screen and the items on there that you see and ones you don't see will still be there when you come back if you run out of tools. Wait until you build up enough to buy the large tool pack. Patience (something I don't have much of lol) is key here.

DeletedUser38217

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook!...
I love the Archaeology Event. Much, much better than the other events I have seen. Better prizes, more fun. Thank you.

DeletedUser38522

Excellent post, thank you. Especially love the quote.
Much more,challenging. But not in actually game play. It’s avoiding the impulse to buy diamonds. My next quest will take me nearly 16 hours to complete. Oh well. I’m not burning diamonds... I can wait 3/4 of the time or the full time.. before I burn a few diamonds. But I still don’t think I will get past level 5 on the upgrade for the main building

DeletedUser40222

Much more,challenging. But not in actually game play. It’s avoiding the impulse to buy diamonds. My next quest will take me nearly 16 hours to complete. Oh well. I’m not burning diamonds... I can wait 3/4 of the time or the full time.. before I burn a few diamonds. But I still don’t think I will get past level 5 on the upgrade for the main building

You can read on the wiki pages what the quest line is so you can prepare. Get some production buildings ready or queue them up to run some/all of the runs to save some time. All the quests stack so once you get into the dailies they will be stacked up for you to complete as you complete them until you catch up.

I still think if you are diligent and maintain focusing only on the idols you will get very close or all the way to a lvl 10 with no diamond uses. I'm crossing fingers and toes.

In previous events, the daily special changed over at midnight, the same time that the prize for logging in and the event daily quest changes. The daily special is currently changing about 5 and a half hours later. Is this an intended change?

Last edited:

Emberguard

How many production buildings do you have? I'd recommend a minimum of 10 but if you have more and the game just gave you a 8 hr production you can put the extras on the others on something else as they never put the same production times in a row.

So you could leave one or two on 24 hrs that you don't touch until a "one of each production" pops up, or you could put all your extras on 4 hrs on the off chance that's the next one to come up

Or you look up what's coming next on the fan wiki

DeletedUser26656

hi
please don't include the supply number productions on any further events. himeji takes care of all supply production needs very little comes from anything else. also i will not be building any more production build for events as on land space to do so. you give away a shrine of knowledge at each event yet land is 1/3 the cost. i would much rather have land than a shrine of knowledge. thus, give land away as where am i to put any event buildings??
if in the future events you have 22 4 hour production i may not finish the event as stated will not build any supply production builds . now i only did for events i can not wait to get rid of them!! i will not build supply production buildings them in the future..
thanks

RazorbackPirate

hi
please don't include the supply number productions on any further events. himeji takes care of all supply production needs very little comes from anything else. also i will not be building any more production build for events as on land space to do so. you give away a shrine of knowledge at each event yet land is 1/3 the cost. i would much rather have land than a shrine of knowledge. thus, give land away as where am i to put any event buildings??
if in the future events you have 22 4 hour production i may not finish the event as stated will not build any supply production builds . now i only did for events i can not wait to get rid of them!! i will not build supply production buildings them in the future..
thanks
There will be no reduction or elimination of production quests, there will never be expansions obtainable from events.

Looks like you'll be missing out on all future events with increasing disappointment. Have fun with that. Thanks.

DeletedUser36624

hi
thanks
Bummer for you. That's what blacksmiths are for.