• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

- KQ -

I get that Inno needs to have revenue coming in, but to make it where you have to buy diamonds to get a fully leveled event building is extremely discouraging. The ones there after... sure, why not...

I may have to use diamonds this event, but usually I don't. I don't buy diamonds, I get them from GE. I've got about 8K right now. You don't have to buy diamonds to use diamonds, you just have to earn them through doing 64/48 in GE.

DeletedUser36020

It's a feedback thread, simply stating mine
But your feedback is based off of a false premise- that it requires diamonds for a full level building. I will have a complete level 10 by the end with no diamonds and all it took was being smart with the blocks i chose. Everyone could have made that choice

DeletedUser36624

I get that Inno needs to have revenue coming in, but to make it where you have to buy diamonds to get a fully leveled event building is extremely discouraging. The ones there after... sure, why not...
It's obvious that Inno can't make the event minigames require strategizing (even a little) to get a fully leveled main event building or a significant portion of the playerbase will fail to get enough upgrades, and think you have to spend diamonds to get enough.

DeletedUser33179

Only 3 days left. Really, really hoping that Reno Kits & wishing wells are among the remaining DS.

DeletedUser

For those mistakenly claiming that you have to use Diamonds to get a fully upgraded World's Fair, I play on 6 worlds right now. I just added the 6th, so it won't get the fully upgraded World's Fair. The other 5, however, which range from Iron Age to Oceanic Future, will all get a level 10 World's Fair. All without using Diamonds. All without even strategizing until I was at least 1/3 of the way through the event. All of them are at level 8 (or have the upgrades currently to get to that level), and all of them will get one more upgrade from the idols and one from completing the quest line. Putting them all at level 10. Without Diamonds. And without reading ahead on the quests. And without racing through the first set of quests to get to the daily ones. I am currently caught up to the dailies on all but my newest world, and anticipate no reason that I will fail to complete the remaining quests as they come. No Diamonds have been or will be used.

In case that paragraph is too long for you, all 5 of my cities that were active when the event began will have level 10 World's Fairs at the end of the event without using Diamonds and without knowing the quests in advance and without "strategizing" until I was well into the event.

Algona

2 Cites, 2 lvl 10 WF, no Diamonds spent.

Ask for help at the start of an Event. That works a lot better then complaining at the end of the Event.

Zatrikon

And even with focusing on idols to get the level 10 World's Fair, you can still get a good many of the other vases, because they happen to be on the way to the next idol. I'm getting to level 10 in both my cities, without spending diamonds, and I still got lots of vases as well. Including the Carousel in both worlds.

DeletedUser40370

Thought this event was great...fun with good rewards but no league bonuses at the end?

DeletedUser32973

I think one of the mistakes people are making is uncovering all the sand. Since they found a few prizes in "blank" sand they decided to try to uncover it all. That and they're trying to get pots/vases as well. I just need the last quest for level 10 like a lot of people here, and I was wasting a lot of resources trying to get the sand blaster achievement. Unfortunately I won't get sandblaster platinum!

DeletedUser31397

Hmmm...go for the SoK or take a chance on the prize tomorrow? I was kind of hoping they would've saved the SoK on the last day.

Well if tomorrow's prize isn't worth it I can always just go for idols and ignore the vases.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevaCat

Four cities, will have fully maxed Worlds Fairs in each plus carousels, no diamonds needed. Focused on idols using mostly the 330 tool pack, picking up good stuff along the way. Loved the dynamite! Thanks Inno, this one went a long way towards clearing the bad taste of the carnival event.

RazorbackPirate

Four cities, will have fully maxed Worlds Fairs in each plus carousels, no diamonds needed. Focused on idols using mostly the 330 tool pack, picking up good stuff along the way. Loved the dynamite! Thanks Inno, this one went a long way towards clearing the bad taste of the carnival event.
Not only the dynamite, but the goofy achievements for digging and blowing stuff up. Too fun.

DeletedUser29726

Seemed a little too easy in the end. Wound up with 30-40 more idols than needed in each of my cities while taking every vase along the way. I was prepared to come up a little short by going after all the vases and need to spend some diamonds but it seems it got rebalanced after beta to have a few more idols.

I do commend adding new minigames for events though. This was the most interesting event mechanically in a good long while.

DeletedUser38766

I completed my 6th week into this game today. I am playing on two servers now and managed to get level 10 World's fair on both servers (main in IA, other in BA) without spending any diamonds at all.
I really enjoyed this event, got 19 SoKs and 2 rogue hideouts on my main. 9 WWs, 3 WW shrink kits and 2 SoKs on my diamond farm which is still very new.
I liked the idea of using tools to dig in the sand and strategically digging process which would allow for better rewards for those who play carefully.
One thing that I could complain about is the differnece in the number of tools obtained when bought 1 piece at a time, vs the 180 package vs the 330 package. This really only made the 330 package viable while others felt overly expensive and therefore not worth it until at the last day of event.
Overall I was really happy with the event, being a new player, getting a 30 FP per day increase in production from the event will really help me out in leveling up my GBs progressing through the game. I can't really compare it to past events, except for maybe the spring event during which I was completely clueless and the event was already going on when I unlocked events. But it was fun and acquiring the world's fair felt fairly balanced.

Graviton

Great game mechanic and good prizes (WF, Carousel). I easily got a Level 10 WF in all 7 cities and at least 1 Carousel in each (as many as 7 in another). I'd like to see the stupid soccer event ditched for this one.

DeletedUser30312

I came uncomfortably close at the end myself:

event.jpg
That was with the questline finished and 8 upgrades in my inventory. I was worrying the whole time I was going to run out of tools with something stupid like 1 or 2 idols to go. And I was pretty much focusing on idols during the event. I ended up with 3 leftover idols.

I don't know how much of a random element was involved here. For example did Inno divide the tomb into 8x6 chunks, and assigned a set amount of idols to each chunk, or was there a probability to get iolds every time a new column was uncovered? The first possibility probably would have a better guarantee of a WF with a completed questline, but I have no idea how it was set up. And there's other elements like the tomb layout that had an unknown amount of randomness to it.

But it was still a success. I held onto my tools when I saw some older event buildings made a return in case something like a Checkmate Square came up, but did my digging on the Carousel days and today, Renos are fine for a final prize. I ended up with a full set of WF upgrades, 7 Carousels, got the Indiana Jones avatar on two cities, and I think 8-10 Renos on my main today (I wasn't really counting them).

I think they had set days for the avatars. The last Carousel day I found the Indiana Jones avatar on two seperate cities, like I mentioned above, and I think there was another day when I went for something like WW shrinks on my side cities, I picked up a Delilah avatar on two seperate cities IIRC.