• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Progress

Super Catanian

I am creating this thread separated from the Feedback thread. This will just be a place for players to post their progress so far in the Archaeology Event, as well as to give tips and feedback. I did the same thing for the Carnival Event earlier this year.

Anyways, I've got my World Fair to level 2 already. I've used up all my tools so far, and am just waiting to get enough Scrolls to buy the 330 pack. I've done 7 quests on both of my worlds, and have acquired an Upgrade Kit in both from collecting the Relics in the tunnel.

Algona

Just finished Quest 41 in the experimental city. No Diamonds spent. I got the bit between my teeth yesterday AM and sprinted through the first 30 Quests in 5 hours and if iI hadn't run out of 2 Hour Supply Rushes would have finished The Rush Questline an hour later. Lvl 5 TH, 4 SoKs. Just started the post SoK Upgrade, I think I got a reasonable shot at getting to lvl 10, but a bad run of Idols could change that.

Near as I can tell, I've spent about half the total scrolls I can get, I think I've bought 6 tookits * 330 = 1980 Scrolls? 41 Quest = 1240 Scroll + 600 milepost + 105 start + 100 Daily = 2045 Scrolls? And i have 55 left? Something seems wrong with that math.

Doing the dig is fun. I thought i would get tired of it, but not so far.

Not sure if I'm using the shovel right, I can't resist clearing columns with 4 or 5 sand ties. I tend to run out of shovels before bombs.

But heck, I'm blowing stuff up, finiding treasures, and having fun and i might get there. We'll see in 3 weeks,.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Have finally passed the 300 Scrolls milestone.
My World Fair is now at level 2 in my secondary city. In my main city, I am stuck on the quest that requires you to recruit units. Well, that will change by tomorrow. I'll have enough Scrolls to buy the large Toolkit thing and hopefully find that broken vase that gives units. Probably picked up at least 3 Lord's Manors today during this whole exchange.
Have been so busy doing these quests that my left pinkie and ring finger are numb, making this incredibly difficult to type.

Rogue822

Working on quest #31 now, got 6 lords manors and 2 more SoKs, managed to replace all of my housing with the manors + world fair level 5 and i have 2823 leftover population. Its a pain saving up 330 scrolls since it takes a few quests to even get up there so i have missed out on some dailies. Trying to get my last CF BP + pay for the goods while i'm working on this so it has been a lot of work. I'm also pretty much broke on goods because of these donate to guild treasury quests.

DeletedUser

Not worrying about the dailies, although I have gotten a few Wishing Wells.
Sinerania: 22 Quests done, World's Fair +2 upgrades
Tuulech: 43 Quests, WF +4
Vingrid: 31 Quests, WF +4
Xyr: 27 Quests, WF +3
Yorkton: 17 Quests, WF +2
Clearly I am a slacker on Sinerania and Yorkton. :)
Incidentally, Tuulech is my Iron Age city. The others are Modern (Xyr), Contemporary (Vingrid, Yorkton) and OF (Sinerania). Go figure.

Jern2017

I got seven WWs as daily specials plus one as a grand prize in my diamond farm. I now currently have more WWs than I have the space to build them.

In my main world, I'm at quest 39 and don't worry about getting enough upgrades for the Fair, because I probably won't build it anyway.

Algona

An update for my experimemtal city. Finally got enough Scrolls to buy more Tools and it was also the Quest 45 add 600 Scrolls. So back into the sand pit.

Picked up 2 more levels on WF to make it lvl 7, 2 OIols into the 50 FP prize, I can see the last 2 upgrades, I can almost reach them. (Indigona. Indigona... Let it 'gona.)

I still have some Tools, I'm at 315 Scrolls, and I will receive another 1200 Scrolls so should be able to buy 4 sets of Tools. 4 Sets of Tolls should hopefully get me through those last 3 upgrades. (The number of the counting shall be three...)

No particular strategy, just brush, shovel columns with 4 or 5 sand tiles and blow up anything that moves. I mean judiciously use explosives when called for with maximum safety precautions In place.

If I could somehow work in "Release the Kraken!" I would really feel I accomplished something today.

Super Catanian

Tired, taking finals this week, haven't been able to participate much, both in the game and in the forums.
Am almost at 30 quests.
Like @Algona, I have no particular strategy, except for just picking up Idols to get all of the Upgrade Kits necessary.
I've always been buying the most expensive toolkit thing (whatever you call them), and use it up right away. I don't care too much about the Daily Specials, except for when the Carousel arrives.

Super Catanian

Also, my World Fair is at level 4. It will soon be level 5 once I reach 30 quests.

EDIT: Now it is at level 5.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'm on quest 40 and I gotta say, the digging is so much more fun than I expected. I've never bought Diamonds (cause I'm broke), but I'd buy the crap out of them for this Event if I could. The WF is almost an afterthought, I just wanna keep digging.
I couldn't agree more. It's amazing how something so simple can breathe new life into the game for those of us who've been playing for years. Let's hope it's not the last nice twist we see.