• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Future – part 1 - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and comments about Arctic Future – part 1.

Enjoy the game!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser19285

Once we enter the new age, will our The Arc's, and Atomium's, and Observatories be donating Arctic Future goods to the treasury? If so, what good will those do for the guild??? I'm looking at Beta, and sure enough my guild has a pile of Arctic Future goods in the treasury...Seems like the top guilds are going to have a stacked treasury with nothing to do with them...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13552

Looks exciting. I am making something of a leap of faith as I read about the new GB. Because it gives medals, I am very hopeful that a new use for medals will also be forthcoming. Right now, I have thousands of medals that are totally useless, and that problem also renders the 2 current GBs that give medals greatly reduced in value (I can't justify building them). Please tell me that medals will no longer be worthless.

DeletedUser25273

The new GvG map uses medals they say. (Which means that Artic Future Goods in the Treasury don't have a use right now)

DeletedUser12240

This is certainly an interesting update!
First, I feel that releasing newer "eras" in batches will ultimately prolong playability, and also prevent many high-end players from feeling the need to rush a whole new set of technologies all at once. Effectively, this will slightly balance out most players in terms of advancement in the long run.

Personally, I love happiness GBs; my city's growth revolves around anti-polish methods, so this should be handy come advancement.
Though, I do feel bad for those who don't utilize happiness GBs for their happiness. I know there are a LOT more benefits a GB could provide, and many of them seem to favor happiness, Again, that's great for players like me, but variety is the spice of life after all.
The medals themselves don't seem great as far as expansions go, but I know that the new GBs intention on those was for the All Ages GvG map. I take part in don't GvG per se, so I'll keep my opinion short: I bet many high-end guilds will be happy to help offset those costs over time. Also, it being only one of [now three] GBs to produce medals (last being in CA), it's certain to bring a far higher amount. My guess is several hundred by mid-level.
Speaking of GvG, the fact that the newest map will mostly be monopolized by but the highest skilled and aged guilds might help the other guilds have a small chance on getting in more via other ages. It would still be nice to see a limit on the sectors a guild can obtain (even being non-GvG oriented, I think it's ridiculous to see the number one guild on the IA map).
Also, if the Arctic treasury goods aren't used for GvG, perhaps they're used in expeditions? Maybe there are still a couple ideas open to thought.

Lastly, I imagined expansions would take the form of another land mass entirely. I'm not the only one, so should that be the case, many players will be pleased to see such.

An after thought, but does this mean we'll finally be able to store structures in our own inventory to transfer them to a new area?

DeletedUser17462

Honestly, after you guys gave us the Arc and Rain Forest, I had hopes you'd learned how to make useful, unique GBs. This new one is a let down, a big one. Sure, you've given us new ways to spend the medals with expeditions and this new gvg map, and I thank you for that, but I've made over 600k medals in the last cpl few weeks alone just with my arc and working other's GBs. Unless this new GB grants just obscene amounts of happiness and puts a matching amount of medals into the guild treasury, I just don't see the point.

DeletedUser26165

In my opinion Gaeia looks like a bluffff...
How about a GB that increases the speed with which troops HEAL with every level?

DeletedUser17759

One thing that is important I think is that each building really has a purpose. As it stands, the majority of buildings are not as efficient as other buildings and they are passed up by wise players.

DeletedUser9788

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and comments about Arctic Future – part 1.

Enjoy the game!
Your Forge of Empires Team
Slow the research down. High end players are boosting their Arcs in trade offs and eating up data. There must be a new resource for completing research. Forge points for HIgh end players are plentiful. A new post apocalyptic Arctic future Era with limited hard to uncover resources like (chemical waste buried in a glacier in an undisclosed area of the game/continent map or like (Plutonium, or some type of nuclear waste). Something that deadlocks the progress of fast moving players. Maybe in the technology tree there could be a bunch of research blocks that are blank with a question mark on it. Some can be dummies or dead ends. Take away the arrows so that players cannot see where it leads. And Maybe a very difficult trivia question that cannot be googled yet be implemented into one of the question marked technology branches. Perhaps also has some research unlock with something other than goods, coins and supplies. Something that cannot be produced. MAYBE A Riddle of some sort. Something.
Let's change it up. I hope this all makes sense.

DeletedUser10789

Feedback,
First, this update is not out yet and you are already getting a jump on what our feedback will be. That said, I understand the reasons for this and I would like to thank the game for at least trying to make the game fun, exciting and wanting us to come back for more. Maybe it is me, but I LOVE the Weekly Guild Expedition and I enjoy it very much. It truly is a great addition, in my humble opinion. Back to this after my next point.

Now, to enter into a New Age with no GvG for that Age and having a new GvG Map that is said to be meant "for all ages" come on, really.? Are we kids here, NO. We all know what will happen in that age and who will grab all of those sectors and WHAT troops will be placed in them. I personally think this is a Horrible Idea and should be scrapped. It should be age dependent, like the rest. If "the game" does not do that, what is the benefit of moving up to the next level.?

Back to my point about the Guild Expedition. As a leader of many guilds in many worlds, we all know that it costs guild goods to unlock Level 2 and Level 3 of the Guild Expedition, now you say, so what. Well, let's look more at this, once someone moves into the next age, Artic Future, the costs of the Guild Goods will be Future Age Goods, which we all know are very expensive and once a player goes into this new Artic Future Age, there Good Producing Buildings (Observatory, Atomium and ARC) almost become useless to the Guild. Why, you say, as of right now, there is NO benefit to accumulate these Artic Future Age Goods at this moment and these Goods become a stagnate wasted good (at the moment). While I understand there will be some use in the "Future", for the foreseeable future there is NO fundamentally sound reason for anyone to move into the new age that is in a guild that does any type of GvG or any Guild Expedition. In fact, I have already expressed this to my guild, as it is currently a waste to move ahead. Sure one can say, well, you can get more land with expansions and I agree to that argument BUT, the ancillary benefit of one moving to the next age (Artic Future Age) is TOTALLY NOT beneficial to any Guild as they say, "at the moment". My suggestion is to WAIT and see what comes next, then move on accordingly, at least that from a high level FE Player who completed the Tech Tree is going to do. I will WAIT AND SEE what comes next.

I find it very sad that the developers and "the game" has not thought this out fully and maybe they are just wanting to entice players to waste goods, diamonds and the like on unnecessary things, events and lack of fully though out expansions for our game progress. NO, I am NOT negative, I am optimistic that "the game" and the developers will figure this out, but it does concern me, when they always ask for feedback from Beta, they get it and yet they continue on anyway to what they want to do. So, I ask you, why bother having any feedback at all, when "the game" and the developers do NOT listen at all. What is it going to take, people leaving in droves and players dropping like flies to wake up and think things thru. Come on, wake up and think these things out. As of now, with NO NEW Age GvG, besides expansions and goods that are now to be of unknown value, there is ZERO reason for any player to progress onto this age. In fact, any player who does, is either brainwashed into thinking, "I have to move up to progress in the game" or they want to be one of those players who has the latest and greatest buildings on the FIRST DAY. Good for those who do, as it is NOT benefiting you and your game play is being negatively effected.

Remember one thing, you can NEVER GO BACKWARDS in this game and once you cross over to the next age, you will be stuck there. What next then.? You sit there waiting for "the game" and the developers to get their act together and really put some logic into this and plan it out and show the players what is to come from it. This is the high level players (Future Age) moving on trusting in faith and hoping that "the game" and the developers will get it right, which with the lack of listening to the actual people who provide you the REAL FEEDBACK to make the game the best it can be, ever so callously disregarded and frustrated.

That said, I truly hope we will learn more about what is to come next and we can all agree that any progress in this game is good, but please give us more details and let us know WHY WOULD ANY HIGH LEVEL PLAYER WANT TO ADVANCE TO ANYTHING UNKNOWN.?

I for one, am sitting here waiting to see what is to come and I will NOT be moving forward. In fact, I am telling those in all the guilds I am in to NOT progress until we know more and if someone does in a guild I am a leader in, I will not be happy about it. The wasting of goods from FE Age and all of our Guilds hard work to get everyone's Guilds Goods Producing GB's will be all for nothing and as they say, for now, we ONLY know so much. There is my feedback and I really hope I am wrong, but somehow, I feel the lack of full effort and thoughtfulness on "the game" and the developers is lost somehow. Those in charge should go to the suggestion forums and feedback forums and see the constant outrage they are causing and the frustration players are having to deal with. Then they might use their heads and actually use some of the ideas that the actual players of the game would like to see, propose and ALWAYS provide the right feedback. Listening is a skill somehow lost here and for that it makes me feeling frustrated as to why do I bother to write any of this and why do I play this game that I do enjoy and like very much, when "the game" and the developers DO NOT LISTEN TO THE FEEDBACK THEY ASK FOR, ARE PROVIDED AND SHOULD LISTEN TOO. Just like the events, they are somehow attempted to be made better and are then made worse. Come on "the game", INNO and the developers, you can do better and us players keep on asking you for simple information that you NEVER want to provide and want to keep things secret and provide at a later date, REALLY.? Not a way to entice someone to want to play or continue playing a game. Where is the game retention department when you need them. What's next, a rollback to IA for everyone to start over.?

You are killing the great intent of the Great Buildings and the Guilds whom want to actually want to enjoy GvG and the full functionality of their Guilds Goods Producing Great Buildings. Please fix this nearly massive mess up before people cannot go back to Future Age and NOT be tricked into moving ahead with little rewards and benefits this new age will provide.

Yours Truly,
Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

Sorry to add more, yet I saw this after I wrote my last diatribe and I had to place this here as it is DarkArtist who posted this, notice anything anyone.?

"We have decided to go for this solution, as we observed that the main GvG activity always shifts to the latest era over time (which is a natural process). This will be also happening on this advanced part of the map and this is its purpose: be the place where you can always fight with the latest available troops (be it from the Arctic Future or whatever comes after it).
So while you can play there using units from any era, you are unlikely to be very successful if they are not the latest era troops.

We hope you enjoy playing on the new, 'advanced' province!"

Here you have it from the Community Leader/Manager, that if you do not have the latest era troops, you will NOT be very successful in this NEW All Ages GvG Map, so my question still does apply, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OTHERWISE and why not call it for what it is. A New Age for GvG and we all know what will happen from it. NOW, my original point still exists, Guild Goods will NOT be used in this "All Ages - GvG" LOL, sorry I had to put that there as we all know it is JUST NOT TRUE. You will have to use Medals. Finally a purpose for Medals, but wait, what happened to more expansions for medals.??? Wait, am I breaking the rules now, as I am asking a simple question, NO. In fact, no rules pursuant to the rules of this forums and the game have been breeched or broken by myself in any of my posts, and as such, there is no reason for any infractions to be levied on myself.

Still this NEW Artic Future Age is still a waste in my humble opinion, UNTIL, "the game", INNO and the developers feel like us children can actually handle what there plans are for "the future" of this game that we all play. Please tell us WHY SHOULD ANYONE FEEL COMPELLED TO MOVE FORWARD WITH NEARLY NO GOOD REASON and the LACK OF ANY FUNDEMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHAT COMES NEXT.

Please advise,
Steve - LordStevie

Algona

Dear INNO:

I am a year or more away from The Artic. Most of guild is even further away. Heck, no one in my Guild is past Contemporary.

So can we please lose the message slot telling me about stuff I may never get to?

Please?

kthnxbye, ProgEraDrudge

DeletedUser18177

Not excited at all about the new age. The half tech, weak gb and not to many expansions is a waste of time. Then the gvg issues that others players talk about!!!!!! Why try and fix a system that is not broken when other areas of the game need to be fixed. I would have liked to get into the new age and have the full experience, not a portion and then don't know when the rest is coming. I hope it comes out soon because this will get boring really fast.

DeletedUser10789

tl;dr Did anyone? If so could you provide a synopsis of the last two avalanches of text?

YES, DO NOT Enter the New Age and sit tight and wait for "the game" to give us more information that they love to never provide.
If you go to the next level Artic Future Age, your 3 Good Producing Guild Goods Great Buildings will be wasted producing the new Artic Age Goods with NO USE "Currently", they failed to tell you this or want you to know this. There are multiple complaints all over the Beta Forums and calls for this not to allow the obsolete nature of those 3, Arc, Atom and OBS, but the game thinks those goods will be better sitting with NO GOOD use in your guilds treasury, UNTIL "the game" decides we are able to handle what there plans are next for these goods. This is the game's continuing pursuant of keeping players in the dark and NOT giving them good information o make a proper determination of if they should proceed into the next level.

Don't fall for it, WAIT and see what happens. You can always rush later, for now, you cannot go backwards and they have wasted our Great Buildings that many of us built to help our guilds. Sit tight. Don't rush ahead, you will be sorry, UNTIL they fix this. WHICH I THINK WILL TAKE WEEKS.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8866

Also the special quest now only gives bronze age rewards, I got 9 dye,9 stone and then quit trying to finish it as not worth my time.
And yes I moved up before I read the feed back,
a few of us did and are now standing in the corner ashamed :confused:

DeletedUser17462

No medal expansions?! They better be coming with the next phase.