• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Future – part 1 - Feedback

DeletedUser10076

Not sure if anyone else thought of this, but we've been getting a number of quest contests (like Isadora) and one of the parts is usually research a tech. Uh oh. If I get this quest, I guess I'm going to have to stop right there. I'm not moving into Arctic for a long time. For me anyway, it doesn't seem well thought out. The buildings, GB (one) and troops seem to be about equal to or even less than FE equivalents. So what is the benefit?? How about a troop that brings back invisibility against rail guns and exoskel warriors. Or a building that is smaller with same number of people as the prior age equivalent. Most of us don't need coins and supplies in any great quantity because we have millions. Sure not everyone, but many higher end players do.

I have some techs I skipped in the tree. Take a look back and see if you skipped any.

iamtheemperor

Are you kidding me? FOE is meant to be realistic so they will not progress further in time???? Once you released future you left any semblance of reality. Where is the levitation centers in today's world? or algae airships etc. What exactly is Smart Materials suppose to be modeled after? Where are the hologram arenas ...that would be something to see. What country has anti material ranges? LOL these are realistic?

Levitation centers aren't in today's world, hence them being in The Future. It would be quite reasonable to see that technology in the real-world future, though. Smart materials? They already exist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_material
Check out the picture of this real-life smart fluid. Look familiar? https://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/~database/MEMS/sma_mems/smrt.html
Anti material guns? Been around for years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-materiel_rifle

DeletedUser2892

Tell the programmers that I am sorry that I did not play the game the way I was suppose to (The way they envisioned it to be played).

I was suppose to fight and I didn't - so the math in ranking was changed to the disadvantage of the traders/farmers. That was in Feb.

Now with the Arctic - the loop of quest that a long term player gets to has gone backward in rewards to be not worth doing.

The rank dropping did not bother me but greatly reducing the quest rewards takes away my desire to play. I am sorry that I am not a fighter and if that is what INNO wants this game to be then my time and money will move on.

I had a friend tell me that he thought this was a mistake that was going to be fixed. I hope that he was right and not a mistake in judgement by INNO.

PS. It is only a mistake if the programmers do not want this to be just a fighting game.

DeletedUser10076

Tell the programmers that I am sorry that I did not play the game the way I was suppose to (The way they envisioned it to be played).

I was suppose to fight and I didn't - so the math in ranking was changed to the disadvantage of the traders/farmers. That was in Feb.

Now with the Arctic - the loop of quest that a long term player gets to has gone backward in rewards to be not worth doing.

The rank dropping did not bother me but greatly reducing the quest rewards takes away my desire to play. I am sorry that I am not a fighter and if that is what INNO wants this game to be then my time and money will move on.

I had a friend tell me that he thought this was a mistake that was going to be fixed. I hope that he was right and not a mistake in judgement by INNO.

PS. It is only a mistake if the programmers do not want this to be just a fighting game.

this is an unfair criticism, the recurring cost go up every age. To make your recurring quest profitable again power level your chateau. We are finally starting to see lvl 50+ chateau for this reason.

DeletedUser8420

Levitation centers aren't in today's world, hence them being in The Future. It would be quite reasonable to see that technology in the real-world future, though. Smart materials? They already exist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_material
Check out the picture of this real-life smart fluid. Look familiar? https://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/~database/MEMS/sma_mems/smrt.html
Anti material guns? Been around for years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-materiel_rifle
The anti material gun you are referring too has been around since WW1 hence it would not be in the future as something special ...the point was once they went into the "FUTURE" they went from the so-called realistic to fantasy already and now they are putting brakes on the type of ages being put out...oh by the way...I know there is experimentation going on but I don't see where we have mind controlled robots and again perhaps in developmental stage but we currently don't have surrogate soldiers running around. So they have already entered into sci=fi'ish territory ....

And I noticed you didn't quote the rest of my post....the question was why break up the era rollout? Is this a way to try to forestall the continual lag in the game? The servers can't handle the amount there is already so are they trying to handle the problem by not adding more all at once and will it take 2 to 4 years before all parts are released?

DeletedUser17462

this is an unfair criticism, the recurring cost go up every age. To make your recurring quest profitable again power level your chateau. We are finally starting to see lvl 50+ chateau for this reason.
It's not an unfair criticism. Some of the FA recurring quests are giving out TE rewards.

qaccy

It's not an unfair criticism. Some of the FA recurring quests are giving out TE rewards.

Yes, the easier ones. The most notable stand-out is the Unbirthday Party quest, which was most likely reduced in reward value due to how easy it is to spend excess coin/supply to get large quantities of goods from that quest. I used it in The Future myself to obtain 90% of the goods required to build both the Arc and Rain Forest and to this day I've still never built a FE goods building and have obtained all that I've needed solely from quests. I can understand the 'nerfs' that repeatables have seen in this age.

DeletedUser10076

Another problem I have noticed while looking at the tech tree for AF

2 of the 5 goods are not needed for the portion of the tech that is unlocked.

Nanowire and trans gas i believe are not needed at all. Sure they are needed for the GB but few will build it.

I also realize that the way the maps are set up it will be impossible NOT to get one of the three useful boosts, but this is a huge oversight.

qaccy

Another problem I have noticed while looking at the tech tree for AF

2 of the 5 goods are not needed for the portion of the tech that is unlocked.

Nanowire and trans gas i believe are not needed at all. Sure they are needed for the GB but few will build it.

I also realize that the way the maps are set up it will be impossible NOT to get one of the three useful boosts, but this is a huge oversight.

It's not really an oversight. It would be if those goods are never going to be needed, but that's obviously not how it's going to be. :)

DeletedUser10076

It's not really an oversight. It would be if those goods are never going to be needed, but that's obviously not how it's going to be. :)

yes, but for now those goods are essentially worthless

DeletedUser2892

LOL. I am working on my Level 80 Chateau.

DeletedUser10076

Look at them like stock options, you can't sell or trade them either but they can be cashed in at a future time so your statement is false.

Yes I was thinking about doing something similar to this, but there are too many unknowns. Like how long will I have to hold onto by stock? Will the techs these goods use be skippable? How many will be used for the other gb(will there even be another gb?)?

right now i see no reason to build let alone stockpile nano-wire or transistor gas.

DeletedUser24719

This entire concept is an absolute joke!! To even suggest that any age troops could compete here is preposterous. As I suspected this would be. Just another opportunity for the highest level guilds to become more and more dominant. To even believe that INNO would be giving players a more fair advantage is but a dream. The guild expeditions should have been a look into what this would be. More useless rewards for more repetitive quests and on and on. Thanks INNO for NOTHING!!

DeletedUser8152

I never interpreted anything as a suggestion that you could compete here with low age troops. It seems obvious to me that if there are no constraints on a competition then you have to bring your best.

iamtheemperor

I never interpreted anything as a suggestion that you could compete here with low age troops. It seems obvious to me that if there are no constraints on a competition then you have to bring your best.

Exactly. The announcement from Inno even stated as much... just with different wording.

DeletedUser14423

I'm having an issue with GE in the arctic Future. I'm in level 4 negotiating because it is impossible to win even with my 130% attack boost. So I have to resort to negotiations. Now FOE has managed to throw another roadblock up for me in this game and negotiations wants a good that I have never seen before, a Purple Diamond Jewel thing, cost 60 diamonds. I already have to spend way too many diamonds in GE and pretty much cannot make it past mid level 4 this week. My guild is having a tough time and this is really discouraging.purple diamond.jpg

qaccy

I'm having an issue with GE in the arctic Future. I'm in level 4 negotiating because it is impossible to win even with my 130% attack boost. So I have to resort to negotiations. Now FOE has managed to throw another roadblock up for me in this game and negotiations wants a good that I have never seen before, a Purple Diamond Jewel thing, cost 60 diamonds. I already have to spend way too many diamonds in GE and pretty much cannot make it past mid level 4 this week. My guild is having a tough time and this is really discouraging.View attachment 5221

That's promethium. It's been attached to negotiations in AF level 4 ever since level 4 was added to the game. If you've just reached AF, you'll start being able to 'produce' that good later on down the tech tree. Until then, there's nothing you can do about it besides pay diamonds to buy it. In a way, that's not really any different from if you'd just reached any other age and were being asked to negotiate with that age's goods...with the one difference being that promethium can't be traded between players.