• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Future goods

DeletedUser18359

I am having a major problem on this game with getting arctic future goods. Almost impossible to acquire and been stuck for weeks.
From way it looks most on Houndsmoor and other worlds are having same problem. The thing is supply and demand, demand is more than supply.
So how can this be fixed since Harbor which needs promethiums and research needs arctic goods which creates more demand than supply.
My suggestion is to change harbor where can use coins and supplies on harbor and also use earlier goods.
Something needs to be done since near impossible to make any progress on game anymore. Also the harbor just prolongs progress to just about to a snail crawl lol. takes long enough anyway trying to acquire goods.
Just needs to be some big changes or game over for me, no progress gained no game for me.Thanks for any help on this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jase249

Thus are the pitfalls of supply and demand. Most of the top players have been in OF for quite a while with nothing really to do. As a result people are actually trying to trade OF:AF at 1:1 or even lower on most of the worlds I'm in.

Right now you can camp in FE (a lot more fun) or OF (most advanced). There's really no reason to camp in AF, which is brutal GE military-wise, and thus there's a dearth of AF goods. Shop around. You might have to really bend to try to get them. AF and OF were designed by the devs specifically to slow down player progression.

Algona

Sounds like a wonderful business opportunity, settle into AF, bootstrap the Promethium to get the AF Goods flowing then sell the AF Goods.

DeletedUser26965

I guess the first question is how many friends in AF/OF do you have?

And what era are you in?

And what are you trading for the AF goods?

So I'll guess you're in at least AF since you mention the harbor, in which case, hello make your goods. If in OF then trade OF for AF, I trade at 1:1 or better and my trades are taken. If I try to get more AF for less OF the trades slow and sometimes don't go at all.

Of course the best thing you can do for your market is to make sure it's filled with as many players of that age good you're looking for so imagine if you were in AF then all your neighbors would be in AF, then you get in a guild with a lot of AF players, then you have 140 active friends in AF. In that scenario you should have no problem getting trades.

Lastly go on trades missions by guild hopping.

DeletedUser18359

Apparently some of the folks playing this game have to much time on there hands making these nonexsistant trades, what I'm saying is takes forever to build up enough to even get a trade going and what happens, the damn stupid Harbor and terminal try to take what one has built up. How do you expect to make any progress on this game. Also your damn quests keep asking for current or age before goods, just looks to me that the mods or makers don't play there own game. Just seems to be to much nonsense just to get a game to work unless one has unlimited time to work up the nonsense trades. Rant over I guess lol

Jase249

Apparently some of the folks playing this game have to much time on there hands making these nonexsistant trades, what I'm saying is takes forever to build up enough to even get a trade going and what happens, the damn stupid Harbor and terminal try to take what one has built up. How do you expect to make any progress on this game. Also your damn quests keep asking for current or age before goods, just looks to me that the mods or makers don't play there own game. Just seems to be to much nonsense just to get a game to work unless one has unlimited time to work up the nonsense trades. Rant over I guess lol

They don't want you to make progress very quickly, because then people get to the end of the tech tree and complain that there's nothing to do. The Harbor and Terminal were obvious attempts to slow down player progress through the tree (and they're pretty successful at doing so) in pursuit of this goal. To be honest, I don't blame them.

DeletedUser26965

So time as it relates to advancing in tech is an issue for you I see. But that's just the nature of the game, like many others like it the further one progresses the longer it takes to advance. You know what's more frustrating than what you're saying? Tiers in tech which were introduced in AF. A player reaching AF and OF now has the entire tech tree of those ages ahead of them, whereas endgame players have to wait for the next tier of that age to open. If anything was designed to slow us down it was the advent of tiers to tech.

I think it took me 60 days of Arctic Harbor to gather all the Promethium required for tech when I did AF.

Agent327

Stop using that harbor and you will be fine.

DeletedUser24719

Seems obvious to me that promethium and the pain in the rear it is to produce is the problem, aided by an endless and over costly tech tree. For those who havenot researched the tech for the harbor activation there is no way to accumulate promethium. This can effectively bar a player from negotiating their way thru level 4 GE and as far as battling ur way thru Good Luck. Now maybe this was an oversight or an unintended consequence either way it needs correction. Allow promethium to be traded on the markets but restrict the trading between AF and OF members only. Second, Am I the only one who finds the rewards for level 4 GE the worst crap. INNO touts this level as very difficult and I agree. So make the rewards commensurate with the cost. Decorations, BPs and most especially more attempts need to GO!!!!!

DeletedUser26965

For those who havenot researched the tech for the harbor activation there is no way to accumulate promethium. This can effectively bar a player from negotiating their way thru level 4 GE
Yes, that was brought up to them when they added Special Goods to GE, they changed it to not show up in earlier levels but never addressed the problem you mentioned.

DeletedUser26965

How much promethium do you think you need?
What kind of question is that? If you want to advance in tech then you know how much you need as the tech tells you, good grief man, add something useful.

Agent327

What kind of question is that? If you want to advance in tech then you know how much you need as the tech tells you, good grief man, add something useful.

Yeah right, so you can stop sending that boat away once you have enough.

Don't blame me if you lack the brains to understand something simple.

DeletedUser26965

Yeah right, so you can stop sending that boat away once you have enough.

Don't blame me if you lack the brains to understand something simple.
lol, tis true, you can in fact stop sending the boat when you have enough to pay for tech in AF and OF and most likely VF and the age after, excluding GE negotiation and CMap negotiation. Now if you had the brains to comprehend what that means to a player reaching AF now or similar to the OP you'd realize how nonsensical you are.

Agent327

lol, tis true, you can in fact stop sending the boat when you have enough to pay for tech in AF and OF and most likely VF and the age after, excluding GE negotiation and CMap negotiation. Now if you had the brains to comprehend what that means to a player reaching AF now or similar to the OP you'd realize how nonsensical you are.

Only thing nonsensical here are your long-winded messages.

If he stops sending that boat he can built up arctic goods and once he has, he can start sending that boat again. That you don't get that is no problem. You are probably not that far in the game anyhow. If het gets it, he can do something about his problem.

DeletedUser26965

Only thing nonsensical here are your long-winded messages.

If he stops sending that boat he can built up arctic goods and once he has, he can start sending that boat again. That you don't get that is no problem. You are probably not that far in the game anyhow. If het gets it, he can do something about his problem.
Those whole two sentences too much for ya? Need me to only use one syllable words too? I finished OF6 the day it opened and I'm pretty sure you have no idea how Special Goods work.

Agent327

Those whole two sentences too much for ya? Need me to only use one syllable words too? I finished OF6 the day it opened and I'm pretty sure you have no idea how Special Goods work.

Ofcourse I don't. Can you explain in two sentences with one syllable words?

DeletedUser18359

How much promethium do you think you need?
So from what you are saying the harbor and terminal are useless then so why even have them anymore.
Also been trying to build up AF goods and low and behold can't even get the goods needed to make AF goods.
This game has turned int a total POS and not even worth the time to bother with

DeletedUser33865

So from what you are saying the harbor and terminal are useless then so why even have them anymore.
Also been trying to build up AF goods and low and behold can't even get the goods needed to make AF goods.
This game has turned int a total POS and not even worth the time to bother with

Building up goods is not difficult. This would be easy to understand if you had a more in depth knowledge of the game. Also, a better understanding on how to achieve said goal (of obtaining enough goods to do everything you wished to do). Clearly, if you are having an issue with goods in AF you have an issue in your village. Whether it be a GB issue or lack of GBs i should say. You should be growing your village in the direction you wish to go. If you need to build up your goods, build good buildings. If that is not enough, then you should probably reevaluate what you are spending your fps on.

Personally i upped my arc to level 90 before i even touched another GB. Having a high level arc allows you to gain more fps. After the arc you build up buildings and gbs oriented towards gaining more fps. The more fps you gain the more you can spend. Then you build a chateau.... you get that up a few levels and you instantly have another current age good making building with every 100fps you spend.

If you are unable to create enough goods to do everything you want in the game clearly you are lacking someplace. It is not difficult to fight as much as you want, build as much as you want, or save as much as you want. You just have to know and understand the proper steps to obtain your goals. I can guarantee there is something you can instantly improve on to better your situation. Yes, AF takes awhile to get through, but if you are doing things efficiently you would only be waiting for that next shipment of promethium to come in to do another tech. Goods should not be an issue, and coins/supplies should not be an issue. You can certainly achieve your goals, but it might take you the time to sit down and reevaluate your play style before you can. Lastly, look to veterans of the game for advice. Look at what the top players in the world are doing for insight. If they are at the top they are obviously doing something right.