• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Are Deal Castle and St Basil worth keeping?

fobby1980

I currently have a level 6 Deal and a level 5 St Basil in my city. Deal Castle gives out 86 medals daily and provides 18 support to GVG support pool. Basil gives approx 12k coins and 15 support. Thing is, I'm currently ranked 34 in Brisgard with over 630k medals and have no urgent need for medals soon. My guild has over 3k support in its pool and wouldn't mind losing 33 that much. And although I'm attacked daily, i have a very good relationship with my attackers that they leave my goods alone. As such I'm strongly leaning toward demolishing these two Gbs and free up some precious space. Thoughts anyone?

zeibal

As far as Deal castle, the question you have to ask is ," if everyone in my guild were to drop their buildings which boost the support pool, what would the support pool look like?". Your one building may not have that much of any impact, but I would be concerned if everyone in your guild started dropping their guild support building becaause they each felt that their building didn't contribute that much. SO I think you should discuss the dropping of the Deal castle with your guild leaders/guild mates. As far as St. Basil's, as long as you really feel that the current situation with your attackers will never change then I'd say drop it. However, guild alliances change, and sometimes it doesn't take much of a misunderstanding to have neighbors escalate the battles against each other.

DeletedUser6172

The ONLY way for your City Defenders to bite back is if they have the attack bonuses from Saint Basil's and Deal Castle. Being tough, and hanging in there because of the Monastery and Watchfires, doesn't do you much good if you're toothless.

If you wipe out your PvP bonus, you may suddenly find that your neighborhood is no longer quite so benign. Drop your defending army a couple of ages, as an experiment, before you kiss off the bonuses that are keeping the neighbors honest.

UrbanLegendZ

if you guild does GvG as zeibal said Deal should stay just for the support pool. Now if your guild does not do GvG that is a different story. If you do not care about a few medals (Deal) and coin (Basil) then you could delete them. In my opinion all defense GBS and watchfires are wastes of Eggs, Diamonds. Time, Effort and Space. No defense is impenetrable. Even people in CE with lvl. 10 deal and basil with 30 or more watchfires they still get attacked and beaten. This game favors the attacker heavily. The only good defense is collecting on time. I feel any defense is worthless really. You could use that space for more needed things and just collect on time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3556

There's always the what if scenario of the developers one day deciding that they're going to remove PvP Tower points from GvG Maps. Then you would lose a slight advantage in the towers over your neighbors. If you watched the Innogames TV April video they said they had changes for GvG, I would wait to find out what that is before I do anything.

DeletedUser9184

I don't see any use of either of them in your situation, but if you had to keep one (funny that I keep seeing everyone wanting to keep the Deal Castle, but) Saint Basil is the smaller one, so you'll gain more space from selling the Deal Castle :D
If you have an Observatory (or even any guild member's would be fine), you can level it a few levels to make up for the loss in support pool :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ITown

St. Basil + 24 victory towers produces far more medals than deal castle (they both use 49 tiles)

So I agree; if you have to sell one, sell deal castle.

DeletedUser11237

Except that you cant buy a victory tower... it hasnt been an available reward from all sepcial events since its introduction, only some..

And the other part being he has said he has 600k medals, so doesnt need the medals to begin with...

To put simply, if you dont think you need the defence, and dont feel you need the other awards, then sell away....

DeletedUser10076

I believe the deal and basil are worth it, but barely.

1. gives your defenders some bite
2. Support pool

I've stated many times you gain so much more on offense than defense. Honestly if it wasn't for the support pool id sell them both, because if i really needed to i'd just collect on time.

ITown

Except that you cant buy a victory tower... it hasnt been an available reward from all sepcial events since its introduction, only some..

And the other part being he has said he has 600k medals, so doesnt need the medals to begin with...

To put simply, if you dont think you need the defence, and dont feel you need the other awards, then sell away....
It was available during the winter event, as I recall.

But ya if you have no use for medals, that's just an extra reason to ditch deal castle.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2382

these are certainly 2 of the near mandatory GBs in my book, I could see no reason to ever tear down either, but thats just my opinion.

DeletedUser16869

That is a tricky question. If you hadn't built them yet the easy answer would be not to build them. The FPs and goods invested in building them would have been put to far better use advancing your tech level or leveling other, more useful GBs. But having already sunk the goods and FPs into them I'm not certain it is a good idea to demolish them.

Also, in regards to the support boost. If you do decide to demolish them you should make a point to level your Observatory to compensate. So... 3 additional levels on your Observatory.

DeletedUser6163

They are keepers for me. As some others have pointed out your neighborhood situation may change to one with more aggressive players or the situation in GvG may change. Certainly a high fierce resistance boost coupled with a lot of watchfires is incentive to keep most attackers from even bothering.

ITown

Also, in regards to the support boost. If you do decide to demolish them you should make a point to level your Observatory to compensate. So... 3 additional levels on your Observatory.
Or 20 levels if your observatory is already level 10

fobby1980

As for the medals producing part, I have 6 victory towers that produce 100 per week, for a total of 600. That should be enough to offset Deal's production of 86 per day (602 per week, assuming it stays at lv 6). And for a long time now, I have not relied on battling pvp for medals; doing repeatable quests have proven to be far more effective at producing medals. So really, the only issue remain is how to replace the support pool if I were to demolish Deal. If leveling OBs can take care of this, then it's a no brainer for me obviously. As far as the hood is concerned, I have no reason to believe it would change for the worst.

Thanks everybody for your input.