• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Are goods from several ages back useful for anything?

DeletedUser31437

For example, if you are in EMA or later, do you have any use for stone or wine?

DeletedUser28711

Yes, they're useful for helping out new players & may be required for research as well as if you negotiate sectors on the Cmap.

As for producing them with early age goods buildings, that's entirely up to you if you want to do that or use that space for current age goods buildings &/or GBs to trade down for them with current age goods.

DeletedUser26965

Keep in mind also every age requires goods from the three ages previous in the tech tree i.e Late Middle Age (LMA) Tech will require LMA, HMA, EMA and IA.

Also, when you get to Modern Era your goods GB's will make the goods from three ages back as well i.e. Modern Era goods GB's will Produce Colonial Age goods etc.

Fan run Wiki: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Ages

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

I don't believe either the map, tech tree, GE, or anywhere else will ask for any goods more than 3 ages old.

For example I'm in CE and still have to use PE goods on some techs, but nothing from before that.

Edit: Ah sjs beat me to it.

DeletedUser29623

I'm fairly positive that negotiating the LMA bonus map called for Bronze Age goods.

DeletedUser26154

LMA, HMA, EMA

You know I'm showing up when those three are in the same sentence.

if you are in EMA or later, do you have any use for stone or wine?

I'm in Ocean Future and I'm still shucking around Middle Age stuff.
But I'm also the Guild Trade Catalyst, so that's normal for me.
Keep your production as current as possible.
But also remember, you'll need thousands of every good as you play through the game.

upside down.png

Make way more than you'll think you'll ever use.

DeletedUser28670

I think you all forgot an important use for BA goods in any age.
Since BA goods are the lowest era goods in the game, you should
Use them to trade for the higher-era goods when buying goods.

DeletedUser29404

Earlier aged goods are always needed by top players. They need them to produce 'refined goods' from ME onwards. Secondly, Earlier aged goods are useful in large quantities, when trading for goods with neighborhood "fences" who need them in return for other earlier aged goods, and, to trade for Forge Points.

DeletedUser

My wife would say there is always a use for wine. I'm a beer man myself. :p