• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Are there any real benefits to creating a single-person guild?

DeletedUser36880

I'm looking to play more casually and don't think any of the more dedicated guilds are right for me. Thus, I've been thinking a bit about guilds that only have a single player in them. I've considered making a guild mostly to reap from the GE's and guild level benefits. Would this be profitable at all, or is it simply a waste of time?

Thanks. :)

Godly Luke

You accumulate GE better, but you wouldn't be able to compete in GE champs, so you don't have the ability to get power boosts. You could do really well in GbG, depending on arc/obs/atom and the power of your city.

DeletedUser

Four of my six cities are one-person guilds. I have used that model extensively for three or four of the 5 years I've been playing. If your attack boosts are good enough to fight through GE and take a couple of sectors in GBG each round, you can do very well playing casually. If you negotiate a lot, then it would be more problematic due to fewer trade partners without guild mates. It is a great model for secondary cities, as you can play them as actively as you want for the most part, but you can take it easy if real life dictates without worrying about letting anyone down or fulfilling guild responsibilities. And if you feel the need to join an actual guild, it is easy to leave behind.

DeletedUser34893

No complaining, whining, crying, mass messages, endless threads,requests, sticks to bricks or any other drama from your guild mates.

WinnerGR

In my opinion it is way easier to be in a big guild than a small guild my guild has 10 active member .

( If you want to join and you are in Duransound it is Crows )

EDIT : I am now in one of the best guilds.

Last edited:

Godly Luke

In my opinion it is way easier to be in a big guild than a small guild my guild has 10 active member .
Now why would you advertise that here? There is a Guild advertisement thread in the Dunarsurd section of the forums. Just don't want to get that deleted too?

DeletedUser

I am sorry if I confused you, I am not in a one person guild. I am merely stating that I have seen some up to level 20 whilst our 18 person guild still wasn't that high.
My solo guild on Sinerania is level 24. My solo guild on Xyr is level 16. My solo guild on Yorkton is level 15. I had a level 18 solo guild on Xyr that I gave to a smaller group of players that were below level 10 in their guild, and that was only about 4-5 months ago.