• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Are we talking about this?

Farfle the smelly

The discussion of a certain tool hasn’t popped up except in my guild threads. Have been hearing of widespread banning for the usage of said tool. Is this confirmed? I play mobile so it doesn’t affect me but it would be good to know for certain so we can make sure our PC guildies aren’t using it. It sure was a big help to their game.

DeletedUser

This is from the game rules and should answer your question:

6. Bots and scripts
It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts.

• Examples:
  • It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts that automatically collect your resources.
  • It is not allowed to use click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks.
  • You may not use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage.

Farfle the smelly

It does. I guess I just viewed it differently since it was more like a calculator than anything. I didn’t realize it reached so deep into the backend. Bummer. Do you think the devs will come up with something to cover the need that it revealed?

DeletedUser

Seeing as how you haven't specified what this "tool" did, I can't answer that.

nothrox987

The "Tool" blatantly violated the 2nd point to the tune 2-3000 manual clicks with a single button push. IT has been very widely discussed many places it was cheating (hint check a place that rhymes with read it).

• Examples:
  • It is not allowed to use click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks.
There is no way to replace it's functionality without violating above rule again

nothrox987

You also do NOT want to "sniff" around for a replacement. Words already out that it will get you banned as well.

Agent327

You also do NOT want to "sniff" around for a replacement. Words already out that it will get you banned as well.

Not just the word.

Players have been banned.

On the bright sight, some upcoming changes.

• Era added to players info on the Social bar
  • Selecting an era in the Army management will be remembered.
  • New research cost menu added
  • New statistics menu in the Embassy for Cultural Settlements
  • Added a timer in the negotiation window when you have a negotiation boost active
  • Population and happiness is now displayed in the building tooltip in your city.

Ericness

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I am not sad at all to hear about this. It put mobile players at a disadvantage and kind of cheapened the game with what it allowed some PC players to do with minimal effort/learning of game mechanics.

There’s been a noticeable difference lately. Before the ban when ‘it’ looked for profitable snipes and spoon-fed its users the results I had a hard time finding many snipeable GB spots. Now I have my FPs locked in others’ GBs with snipable positions that just sit. It’s mostly small time snipes (4 FP in gets 5 FP out) but they do sit for days or longer. Even leaving my own GBs open to snipes doesn’t get as many bites - sometimes it sits for a day or two with blatant snipe opportunities. Folks got lazy I guess.

Iroh the Tea Maker

There’s been a noticeable difference lately. Before the ban when ‘it’ looked for profitable snipes and spoon-fed its users the results I had a hard time finding many snipeable GB spots. Now I have my FPs locked in others’ GBs with snipable positions that just sit. It’s mostly small time snipes (4 FP in gets 5 FP out) but they do sit for days or longer. Even leaving my own GBs open to snipes doesn’t get as many bites - sometimes it sits for a day or two with blatant snipe opportunities. Folks got lazy I guess.
Yup. And a moment late to collect, you get plunder. Not anymore, I wonder why.... :D

Farfle the smelly

Probably because they were banned, not because they were no longer using the tool. Be prepared for your sniped to get sniped again...

Farfle the smelly

Not sniffing, just aware of how Reconstruction came about. Again, it didn’t affect my game at all. I’m progressing quite rapidly on mobile without it, but I do know it was quite popular and there have already been complaints. So I came here to understand - which is exactly the point of the forum, don’t you agree?

Stephen - you mean that Easter egg ‘help’ didn’t spell it out? I’m losing my touch! :D

And thanks Agent! That’s good info to know. Feel free to lock this at your leisure.

Plunder Queen

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I am not sad at all to hear about this. It put mobile players at a disadvantage and kind of cheapened the game with what it allowed some PC players to do with minimal effort/learning of game mechanics.
It’s not that hard honestly to figure out how to snipe using a calculator. I’m horrible at math and can still figure it out.

qaccy

It's probably other stuff that's getting these players banned. Sniping's been a part of the game pretty much since the beginning. It'd be too hard to definitively prove that a tool is responsible for someone seeing and taking a snipe opportunity, unless said tool is able to do so automatically.

Farfle the smelly

It’s not that hard honestly to figure out how to snipe using a calculator. I’m horrible at math and can still figure it out.
True. How hard is it to divide by 2? And the add whatever is below your FP bid? I will say that sniping has dramatically improved my mental math skills. They should have elementary school children playing this game. No longer will they get confused. ‘Want an Arc? Snipe that Zeus!’

Plunder Queen

True. How hard is it to divide by 2? And the add whatever is below your FP bid? I will say that sniping has dramatically improved my mental math skills. They should have elementary school children playing this game. No longer will they get confused. ‘Want an Arc? Snipe that Zeus!’
Lol. Yes. I don’t know. I never played with tools telling me what to snipe or anything. Just used my brain.

DeletedUser27301

Wow, the lack of snipes for a while was because of some players using a script?

I noticed that snipeable spots tanked sometime in March, figured it was because of worldwide shutdown orders and everyone having more time to play at home, but then they kind of stayed dead for a while until fairly recently.

I've also noticed what you have too, that most won't bite as quickly. Sometimes I've grabbed a spot one from a self leveler with some sick profits and no one grabs spot 2 for a while; I've started to tell others in the hood about spots like this much more often, usually players would just find the spots themselves quickly.

Edit: Also wtf, it takes two seconds to eyeball a spot and see if you can profit lol, glad they banned players being lazy by using a script

Plunder Queen

Wow, the lack of snipes for a while was because of some players using a script?

I noticed that snipeable spots tanked sometime in March, figured it was because of worldwide shutdown orders and everyone having more time to play at home, but then they kind of stayed dead for a while until fairly recently.

I've also noticed what you have too, that most won't bite as quickly. Sometimes I've grabbed a spot one from a self leveler with some sick profits and no one grabs spot 2 for a while; I've started to tell others in the hood about spots like this much more often, usually players would just find the spots themselves quickly.

Edit: Also wtf, it takes two seconds to eyeball a spot and see if you can profit lol, glad they banned players being lazy by using a script
I concur. Nobody needs a tool to teach you to snipe. It’s quite easy.