• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Army Management boost percentage view

Is it good to show Attack and Defense boost percentage values displ directly in army management box?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice2HaveU

Idea:
Attack and defense boost percentage values are to be shown outside army unit cell box also. Since percentage is common for every unit, only it's amount of value getting different according to the unit. Both current army selection and enemy army selection units users can get to see the overall attack and defense boost percentage values outside units selection box. It is a graphic requirement for sure but in both mobile and browser can get fit since labeling is not that difficult.

Reason:
It has been designed already on each unit selections to display, which is good. But it will be much better to display the boost percentage which is common for all units, which is now also there with few clicks and tooltip/popover to be shown for it. Implementing this, reduce few clicks definitely for the game users in my opinion.

Details:
In the army management window, can have some labelling or with some icon representation can place boost percentage on top of the unit selection area or selected army box of both (current user and enemies) army units.

Balance:
For sure, it won't cause any imbalance.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see any way to cheat using this new idea.

Summary:
This is not a crucial and important one but it is kind of nice to have on the army management window.

CaptainKirk1234

Idea:
Attack and defense boost percentage values are to be shown outside army unit cell box also. Since percentage is common for every unit, only it's amount of value getting different according to the unit. Both current army selection and enemy army selection units users can get to see the overall attack and defense boost percentage values outside units selection box. It is a graphic requirement for sure but in both mobile and browser can get fit since labeling is not that difficult.

Reason:
It has been designed already on each unit selections to display, which is good. But it will be much better to display the boost percentage which is common for all units, which is now also there with few clicks and tooltip/popover to be shown for it. Implementing this, reduce few clicks definitely for the game users in my opinion.

Details:
In the army management window, can have some labelling or with some icon representation can place boost percentage on top of the unit selection area or selected army box of both (current user and enemies) army units.

Balance:
For sure, it won't cause any imbalance.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see any way to cheat using this new idea.

Summary:
This is not a crucial and important one but it is kind of nice to have on the army management window.
I dont really see a point to this.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
I am sorry, but I find it very hard to understand what it is you are actually proposing. I can understand you want to see the army attack and defense boost values, but you want to see them in a place where you can already see them as far as I can understand this.

Tony 85 the Generous

I am sorry, but I find it very hard to understand what it is you are actually proposing. I can understand you want to see the army attack and defense boost values, but you want to see them in a place where you can already see them as far as I can understand this.
I think the OP would like the boost percentage common to all troops displayed directly on the Army Management screen. But I'm not sure of the usefullness of seeing it every time you are on the army management screen. It is not like it changes at a frequency that it needs to be front and center. You can see it by looking at a troop or in the town hall at the rate it increases. I can't say the last time I looked or cared to look.

To confirm if this is the correct understanding, I suggest the OP utilize the following section on posting an idea:
Visual Aids:
Put any mock-ups here. Those that are large screenshots should be linked, smaller windows can be displayed using the image tags.
*Please do keep in mind that the image rules still apply in the ideas section. If the visual aid is bigger than 640 x 640 pixels, please place the image in a spoiler. Also, no animated images allowed.*
and add a pretty picture to the proposal.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
I think the OP would like the boost percentage common to all troops displayed directly on the Army Management screen. But I'm not sure of the usefullness of seeing it every time you are on the army management screen. It is not like it changes at a frequency that it needs to be front and center. You can see it by looking at a troop or in the town hall at the rate it increases. I can't say the last time I looked or cared to look.
If you can see it, it will not change a thing. You can not benefit from it in any way.

Nice2HaveU

@Tony, thanks for exactly pointing out my actual question and confirming for the same.
Sorry didn't add visual aids earlier. please check the image given here.
Visual Aids:
Army Management Screen.png
Agree, since it is given under each troop and townhall, but doing continuous battles in GE(level 3 and level4) or GBG with higher attrition having this gives clear picture to see how strong we are and how strong opponents are by seeing on the front itself instead of going into each unit or by going to townhall. since option already there in the form of hovering on each unit to see, it makes good knowledge of battles to see if provided upfront. Even if we lose multiple times in battles can have clear statement with enemy attack boost how strong they are. It is not going to make the game easy in anyways, but it will state the reason to concentrate on our attack boosts how much needed to tackle the strong opponents.
( Not asking only to show ours, asking to display opponents too -- strongly feeling like it is nice to have, hope you guys agree with me. )

Last edited:

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Like I said, seeing it has no effect on the battle at all. Outcome depends on much more than seeing the strength of both. This will only be a visual effect. Like placing a bumpersticker on a car. It does not increase performance.

Nice2HaveU

Like I said, seeing it has no effect on the battle at all. Outcome depends on much more than seeing the strength of both. This will only be a visual effect. Like placing a bumpersticker on a car. It does not increase performance.
It will try to reduce the risk of going into hard battles losing army units. Now also same information provided on each hover of every unit, which will force wusers to hover army unit if they want to analyze their strength with strong opponents. People with higher attacking army boost they don't mind about this, but naive or intermediate users can get into some plan before taking the risk. Bumper-sticker always meant for immediate attention and was expecting the same to apply here.

RazorbackPirate

Compose your army, compare stats, change out units until you're happy with the composition. Besides, this ought to be a short lived issue. In GE and GBG, I fight the same configurations week after week. It doesn't take long to learn which combo to take to each fight. Not sure what you describe is a problem in need of a solution.

Tony 85 the Generous

Compose your army, compare stats, change out units until you're happy with the composition. Besides, this ought to be a short lived issue. In GE and GBG, I fight the same configurations week after week. It doesn't take long to learn which combo to take to each fight. Not sure what you describe is a problem in need of a solution.
What he said.
If a combo doesn't work, don't use it again. I found the stats to be of little use. The larger 'bonus' is knowing the attack boost or benefit of one troop versus another. Such as a light unit has an attack bonus against a fast unit, so don't use them against a heavy where heavy has the attack bonus versus light units. Even those bonuses sometimes seem fishy or neglible (CA field guns should have an attack bonus over grenadiers, but it takes a field gun 2-3 hits to kill a grenadier but a Dragoon never takes more than two).

Nice2HaveU

Not looking to get a race with bi-cycle and Ferrari for making boost compare to secure battle victory. Was expecting much like similar to Ferrari and it's matching competitors. Assume 8 hover base from our side and opponents has 8 hover base too. Either you change your troops with higher benefit unit or increase boost value. By knowing the opponent boost, it will be dictated very clear. The purpose of boost is not really used much since it is hidden until the unit got hovered. Also, 8 hover base FE Vs 8 battle fortress AF, winner is hover base only -- upto some extent. So precisely it will inform at what level hover base can deal more power, if you know how to do battle. It won't tell how to make the battle, it will try to portray about having strong and efficient battle. 8 spear-fighters if you place also same boost value but for the same spear-fighter how big boost value can tackle it's heavy opponent army at least can be analyzed. Same goes for every unit. For sure, Inno will work with something better than this even I knew while sharing the idea what to do.

Tony 85 the Generous

Assume 8 hover base from our side and opponents has 8 hover base too. Either you change your troops with higher benefit unit or increase boost value. By knowing the opponent boost, it will be dictated very clear.
The attack and defense values of the army are the same for all troops. So which troop you use will be irrelevant, the numbers displayed will always be the same. For example a Rogue, CA Champion, CA Field Gun, LMA Great Sword Warrior, and HMA Heavy Infantry all show the same attack and defense boost. It does not change with the troop. Or more specifically, it does not change with any troops I have access to for testing. If it does change with the troop type, then how would you show the attack and defense boost for the two, or three, or more troops in your army? I think the best way would be to hover over each troop to see the values. But with that said, I see an issue.

When the troop is in your "bar", it does not display the boost value
Army Mgt 2.jpg

The boost value is not displayed (applied?) to the troop until it is in your army.
Army Mgt 1.jpg

It may be more efficient and effective to display the boost value to the units in the bar as well.

Johnny B. Goode

When the troop is in your "bar", it does not display the boost value
Army Mgt 2.jpg

The boost value is not displayed (applied?) to the troop until it is in your army.
Army Mgt 1.jpg

It may be more efficient and effective to display the boost value to the units in the bar as well.
It doesn't show the boost because the unit does not get the boost unless it is in the attacking army. It also does not show the city defense boost on any units except those 8 actively designated as part of the city defense army. Units that are in neither your attacking army nor your city defense force do not technically have any boosts.

Tony 85 the Generous

It doesn't show the boost because the unit does not get the boost unless it is in the attacking army. It also does not show the city defense boost on any units except those 8 actively designated as part of the city defense army. Units that are in neither your attacking army nor your city defense force do not technically have any boosts.
True. True. The troops in the bar cannot show the boost until you define whether the troop is in the defensive army or in the attacking army. In which case my idea is moot and we are back to the problem of only having one place to show the attack/defense boost for an attacking troops where there may not be a single value.

madloc

my bumperstickers add 53 horse power yours must be damaged

its not a bad idea to be able to see the boost there too
or the enemy troops and their boost i like it

DevaCat

I am not seeing the need for this nor the value of expending resources to develop this. I can see my army's boost with a single tap (all units are boosted the same), ditto for the enemy army. You don't want to tap or hover for the information that's already there?

Nice2HaveU

don't want to tap or hover
Most of the time, every user pick their strong/heavy army unit for the battle with any opponents army. Also, when game progress much, our strong battles with same age/era units which is from opponents. Each understanding same era battle of 8 champions vs 8 champions from opponents, if winning no trouble, by losing what will be the case. Will get a thought process to check opponent boost anyhow before changing our attacking units. Hover or tap should be there for deep analysis to go unit by unit, but my suggestion is to display the overall boost of both side when they fight with their equal competitor. Assume 2 gladiators fight with 1 vs 1. Technically higher boost/strength one will survive in real world. So making it on displaying top, it won't disturb anything but gave one clear understanding how good our attacking army with opponents army.

DevaCat

I guess what I am saying is that there is no need for a deep analysis unit by unit, at least not for seeing what the cumulative boost is for your army and what boost the enemy's army has. Tap/hover on one of your units and the boost shown will be the same for any of the units in your currently selected army, you don't need to check every unit. The same applies to the enemy army.

You can get that info now before starting each fight if you wish with two simple taps/hovers -- once for your army, once for the enemy's. It's clear, easy to see, and does not require a rework of the Army Management window to show the boosts as in your illustration.

I would prefer Inno spend time/resources on something to improve the game rather than giving me a new presentation of information I can already easily obtain, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.