• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Army Management boost percentage view

Is it good to show Attack and Defense boost percentage values displ directly in army management box?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice2HaveU

Let me put in some general scenarios, assume my suggestion got implemented.

1) Am going a for strong battle easy use case 8 champions Vs 8champions of opponents army units. My boost value is attack - 60% defense - 45%. Opponent Mary boost value is same as mine. Either fight manually to get victory or auto-battle to see if chance to receive victory with loss of units (heavily or lightly). So to beat the opponent's with strong force ( not to lose units much from our side ), going with same battle units from our end it won't make any improvement. Either change our army unit or increase the attack boost from inventory or friends tavern or through GB. All this happened before seeing the attack boost of opponents before suggestion implemented, but now it got implemented can have the knowledge to make the army units stronger to have less damage, which is quite good though.
2) opponents army has higher boost than me, clearly stated hence improve my attacking army is the only option.
3) nearer army boost from both side but opponents have heavy army unit with mix of army units not like all 8 units are same. Here, boost of army units displayed already, hence selected army can be addressed for deep analysis unit by unit whether it can be able to gain victory or not. That's what hover or tap when we do on unit it can point out.
4) Second wave army units of opponents and remaining army units from our first fight in a single battle, if the boost value displayed it can show the answer clearly to go forth for a death match or surrender.

Displaying boost on top is not a completely bad suggestion.

No one cares this much because they already have Alcatraz, Terracotta, Zeus, CDM, AO etc are built nicely to one strong level. But for common understanding this idea suggested give one lighter chance to have good battle in which the hover or tap pops up the boost percentage why not make it be on top always visible.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
2) opponents army has higher boost than me, clearly stated hence improve my attacking army is the only option.
No it isn't. With the right units, manual battle and use of terrain you can beat a much higher attack percentage than your own.

4) Second wave army units of opponents and remaining army units from our first fight in a single battle, if the boost value displayed it can show the answer clearly to go forth for a death match or surrender.
No it doesn't. Same answer as above.

Problem is not that people do not understand what you want. The problem is they do and they do not agree with you about the necessity of your idea. The more you argue in favor of it, the more you show you are not really that good at fighting and just blindly rely on your attack boost.

Tony 85 the Generous

I can see my army's boost with a single tap (all units are boosted the same), ditto for the enemy army.
I do not know if this changes above Colonial (are there more than one that isn't the same boost), but at least one troop Colonial and below does not have the same boost as others. I did not check every troop, I found one (color guard) and stopped.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
I do not know if this changes above Colonial (are there more than one that isn't the same boost), but at least one troop Colonial and below does not have the same boost as others. I did not check every troop, I found one (color guard) and stopped.
Color guards have the rally skill which gives a 12% bonus to defense and attack to all units in your army.

Nice2HaveU

blindly rely on your attack boost
It is not meant to suggest battle victory, have meant for to make analysis how strong the opponent's are when compared to us before beginning the battle. To decide that, don't like to test with one random army or hover on each unit. Do battle and gain knowledge if it works or not what till now most of us are doing.

For me, it looks like if developers have add this already in some verison, you would argue like no necessity and making conflicts with army units like you will make arguments. It's okay. Unfortunately they didn't do it and myself have to make many more conversations to give my point.

By having what big problem will get, I don't understand. Did users gets confused for placing battle army units in the selection box. I don't know what is causing it to say it is not necessary. I can argue like, hover or tap boxes really not required at all. If you do five battles in each age with every army units, you will know which one is good. Why giving hover or tap to give the details. Is it necessary. Just genuinely tell how many times you looked into hover or tap boxes while doing the battle. As a guess, only on the time of entering to the new age or era. After few battles, for sure each of us don't mind it. I can say you will accept at least for this. Doing few battles, for sure we get complete knowledge of our army units. But is it really necessary. Can have arguments for everything like this, but okay that's how game implemented. Having a gut feel on it, since doing continuous battles daily in some point having that displayed on top will be useful.

If they present it, they can remove the format in brackets under hover boxes saying attack boost as (+140%) and directly they can show the formulated value of attack and defense boost in different colour in the hover boxes. So which gives intimation like army selection units boost displayed on top commonly and formulated value has represented in different colour. Same for opponents too. Also the below army bar units can have their current behavior. What is wrong in suggesting this.

Myself be in neutral state since many of you not agreeing for it, what else can I expect. Have tried as much as I can.

RazorbackPirate

In summary, you're using way too many words to justify something clearly not needed. If it were needed, the value would be clear without the need for hundreds of words to explain it.

I also had to laugh at your example of 60% Attack and 45% Defense boost. As I said in my original post, this is a short term issue. My CA city has A/D of 595/367. I don't need in depth analysis to know if I can beat an army or not, and know the moment I see the battlefield if I need to fight manually, partial auto, or can fight full auto.

You don't need this, That you don't know you don't need this is part of the issue. You're new, I get it.

madloc

hey guys the game is for everyone. new and experienced. doesnt matter if you know how to do it after 5 years practicing, the point is to make it easy for a new player to understand how it works.
stop puting yourself behind this arguement and look how can this work for the rest unexperienced players.
bottom line inno needs more players = more income
all he is trying to say is to have a preview of the strength comparison, and we may be able to see the enemy boost sometimes but no you cant see the enemy or troops

Last edited:

Nice2HaveU

@madloc, thanks for understanding my expectations and view on the suggested idea.

By sharing a assumption of attack boost, he can claim the player experience means myself little worry for making long conversations.

My poll title and idea title might be misleading, I could have posted like opponents attack boost to be displayed on top in army management screen. Missed the visual aid also initially. My bad luck. Anyhow, not going to agree and saying like not necessary. Let the time decides.

Johnny B. Goode

hey guys the game is for everyone. new and experienced. doesnt matter if you know how to do it after 5 years practicing, the point is to make it easy for a new player to understand how it works.
stop puting yourself behind this arguement and look how can this work for the rest unexperienced players.
bottom line inno needs more players = more income
all he is trying to say is to have a preview of the strength comparison, and we may be able to see the enemy boost sometimes but no you cant see the enemy or troops
If you're fighting a PvP battle against a neighbor, you won't see his army or boosts (and I don't see them ever changing that), but in every other battle you fight you will always be able to see the enemy army makeup (including both waves of a two wave battle) and the att/def boost of that army as well as your own. As has been stated, all you have to do is tap/hover on one unit on each side to see what the boosts are for every unit on that side. All units in the same army have the exact same boost to their base att/def rating. It has nothing to do with new/experienced players. It has to do with the fact that the information is already easily and clearly available with minimal effort.
That is incorrect. If you have a Color Guard in your army, it will have exactly the same % boost to its att/def as the other 7 units in that army. I have been playing for 6 years and have never seen any one unit in an army have a different % boost than all the other units in that same army.

madloc

If you're fighting a PvP battle against a neighbor, you won't see his army or boosts (and I don't see them ever changing that), but in every other battle you fight you will always be able to see the enemy army makeup (including both waves of a two wave battle) and the att/def boost of that army as well as your own. As has been stated, all you have to do is tap/hover on one unit on each side to see what the boosts are for every unit on that side. All units in the same army have the exact same boost to their base att/def rating. It has nothing to do with new/experienced players. It has to do with the fact that the information is already easily and clearly available with minimal effort.
what about gvg?

Nice2HaveU

Hi @Stephen Longshanks , from what you have said myself not denying anything. It was clearly available with minimal effort.

Have suggested the idea for the same. Will be doing minimal effort for more understanding. Not for easy things which is common for every unit.

madloc

i am sorry i am not talking about the boost
i am talking about the enemy troops and the boost in gvg
My poll title and idea title might be misleading, I could have posted like opponents attack boost to be displayed on top in army management screen.
isnt it better if we can see the enemy boost and troops before the battle?

Nice2HaveU

Myself wondering why no one cares for attrition getting increased in GBG can be visualised with this boost displaying for the opponent army units. For sure, everyone will do battles in GBG with higher attrition, which is logically increasing boost value for each attrition point increment in the opponent's army units. So after every battle, you won't be tapping or hover army unit, since it is like fast forward move to occupy sector, mostly all of us do auto-battles. Displaying boost value on top can be useful in my opinion. Same applies for GE moving up to higher levels.

You guys will still say not useful/needed, sorry myself tried all my attempts to convince on it.

RazorbackPirate

But that's just it. For 8 years, new players have been able to figure it out to become experienced players.

Algona

look how can this work for the rest unexperienced players.
Since my raison d'etre is helping new players that;s exactly how I look at all Ideas.

This Idea falls into the category of cool information that is useless. Except one corner case where it could be harmful.

It's much more important for a new player to understand the concepts of escalating toughness from attrition in GBG and tougher defenses in higher GE Encounters and increasing GE toughness as the player moves up in Era and from advancing on the CMap then exact boosts.

More important then that though is the concept of look before you leap.

New players should be checking every aspect of an upcoming battle including boosts, size and composition of the opposing army, and especially troop matchups.

Inexperienced players looking at just a bald statement of combat boosts will be lead into possible false overconfidence or temerity.

You gonna be here to explain to them why their army of +12% spearfighters got their clock cleaned by an army of 8 unboosted warriors?

As well noted in this thread a bald summary of combat boosts is not often the most important factor in deciding to attack for new players.

You must know that, you've got 40K+ fights under your belt.

I'm not seeing this not being enabled significantly impacting your play or that of any experienced player and since it can and will mislead new players, I don't see how this benefits anyone.

what about gvg?
You're the one talking about the benefits of this Idea for new players.

Know a lot of new players who dive into GvG that haven't joined a GvG experienced Guild filled with players who will tell n00bs exactly what and how to do GvG?

Johnny B. Goode

i am sorry i am not talking about the boost
i am talking about the enemy troops and the boost in gvg

isnt it better if we can see the enemy boost and troops before the battle?
You may not be able to see the specific troops in GvG, but you can see the boost. All defense armies on the same sector have the exact same boost in GvG. It varies depending on the age of the map and the amount of Support Pool and number of sectors the defending guild has. All you have to do is hover your pointer over an enemy army icon and the boost will be shown.

Nice2HaveU

Same information provided on hover or tap in every unit will not mislead, but by placing on top inexperienced players will get mislead. Good misleading!! Myself accept for this misleading, which game developers given already.

Currently is there anything to lead them correctly in the army management screen.

CaptainKirk1234

Same information provided on hover or tap in every unit will not mislead, but by placing on top inexperienced players will get mislead. Good misleading!! Myself accept for this misleading, which game developers given already.

Currently is there anything to lead them correctly in the army management screen.
Yes, hovering over units tells you what troops they get boosts against, what there boost is and there range, as well as boosts for being on terrain, that is really all you need along with a quick glance at the enemy army. When I say quick glance thats because I know all the enemy units and I can process them, but by all means take how ever long you want.

Nice2HaveU

Sword icon and defense icon displaying additional boost value with brackets (+320%) not misleading anything there. How? Range values and foot-step okay. What's the use of attacking and defense boost there. If you explain this, my idea of suggesting on the top will be addressed very clear.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Anyhow, not going to agree and saying like not necessary. Let the time decides.
Have suggested the idea for the same. Will be doing minimal effort for more understanding. Not for easy things which is common for every unit.
You guys will still say not useful/needed, sorry myself tried all my attempts to convince on it.
And yet you keep going on and on and on.

Let me give you some advice. I have been on this forum for some time. I have seen many ideas go down the drain cause the OP kept arguing and arguing and arguing and in doing so pulled down his own idea. The longer you argue, the worse it looks. A strong idea needs no arguments or defending. It stands on is own. Your attempts to convince people only work against you. Let it go. Give it a rest and just sit back and let it run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.