• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Army Management boost percentage view

Is it good to show Attack and Defense boost percentage values displ directly in army management box?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
how is it harmful knowing the troops of the opponent in gvg?
That isn't what he is saying, but you brought up you can benefit from it in GvG. Can you explain how? That would be really helpful and interesting.

madloc

What does that have to do with seeing the attack boost of both? If you want to make a point you need to explain what you are trying to say. One liners do not help.
he is not talking only about seing the boost of both we mention that part too
seeing the attack boost and troops of the sector / player you attacking before the fight
one line was enouph

Algona

how is it harmful knowing the troops of the opponent in gvg?
I didn't say that it was harmful to know the troops in GvG.

Please don't imply that I said something I did not say.

----------

You're the one saying to evaluate this Idea wrt new players and you brought GvG into this conversation.

That prompted me asking the question you didn't answer: How many new players do you know that fight GvG that are not in GvG experienced Guilds with players that will tell the new players exactly how to do GvG?

The answer to that is obvious, almost none. Take a gander at the Questions subforum. See any questions from new players about GvG?

----------

Nor should new players be doing GvG. They should be putting effort into gaining expertise in aspects of the game that are relevant to growing their city, not something like GvG that provides no direct and almost zero indirect benefit.

Please quit giving new players bad advice by implying that GVG is something for new players to be considering.

madloc

That prompted me asking the question you didn't answer: How many new players do you know that fight GvG that are not in GvG experienced Guilds with players that will tell the new players exactly how to do GvG?
it happens to know a few. how many is alot for you idk
1 of them is you

Nor should new players be doing GvG. They should be putting effort into gaining expertise in aspects of the game that are relevant to growing their city, not something like GvG that provides no direct and almost zero indirect benefit.
if they want to do gvg i will help them understand it
if they dont want to i will not preasure anyone to do it
its a free game and everyone does what he wants
Please quit giving new players bad advice by implying that GVG is something for new players to be considering.
if you dont like gvg noone holding you from not doing it
gvg its not bad at all
its a way to grow your guild fast

madloc

You're the one saying to evaluate this Idea wrt new players and you brought GvG into this conversation.
i didnt bring anything here, go read all the posts and you will see that clearly
we are talking here about Nice2HaveU idea
if you dont like the conversation dont stay here
to judge everyone
if you have something that can help people pls share

Johnny B. Goode

i didnt bring anything here, go read all the posts and you will see that clearly
Yes, you did. You brought up GvG. You were the first to mention it. In fact, you mentioned it in response to one of my posts, that's why I remember it clearly. The original idea never mentioned GvG, nor did it mention being able to see enemy units. It merely asked for the overall army boost % to be displayed in the Army Management screen without having to tap/hover on a unit. Period. Really has nothing to do with GvG, as with GvG defense armies the defense boosts are pretty apparent and are the same for all defense armies in the same sector.

Algona

it happens to know a few
How does a new player do GvG in a Guild that is not GvG experienced?

Answer below.

1 of them is you
Ace, I was a n00b who did learn GvG to teach my Guild also full of new players how to do GvG. In 2015. When GvG was relevant.

Now? If you're of the mindset, GvG is still incredibly fun and still the most difficult aspect of the game to successfully manage. But except for the fun of it and for Guilds trying to be top ranked in the world, GvG is a waste of time and resources (especially for new players) because it doesn't do anything to advance a city.

So instead of telling a new player they should learn something that helps them advance their city and earns Resources that will further advance their city you're gonna help them learn GvG, the only major aspect of this game that dose not help a city advance?

I don't think you understand the meaning of helping.

gvg its not bad at all
No, the only way to grow a Guild fast is through GBG.

It takes years for a Guild to develope the capability to successfully compete with the established Guilds already dominating GvG in all worlds.

i didnt bring anything here
Yes, you did. You brought up GvG.
Johnny B. Goode covers it. I invite you to take your own advice:

go read all the posts and you will see that clearly
You brought GvG into this thread.

As far as the rest of your nonsense about

if you dont like the conversation dont stay here
to judge everyone
if you have something that can help people pls share
You're the one giving bad advice. You're the one who changed the conversation to GvG.

You keep putting words in my mouth. I never said I don't like GvG nor that I wasn't enjoying the conversation.

I am giving helpful advice by telling new players not to listen to the awful advice you're giving.

I'm not judging anyone.

Judging your posts? Mea maxima culpa. They suck. Deal with it, dis de intarw3b.

madloc

How does a new player do GvG in a Guild that is not GvG experienced?
because he saw somewhere that this game has a gvg system i dont really care how he learn about it
people start the game for their own reason
also you answered to your self
Ace, I was a n00b who did learn GvG to teach my Guild also full of new players how to do GvG. In 2015. When GvG was relevant.
Judging your posts? Mea maxima culpa. They suck. Deal with it, dis de intarw3b.
i like when people have nothing to say but insults
and as for who brought it here, next time take your time talk to that person who created the thread and try to understand what he is asking and what he really wants
the post has the title about the boost but he doesnt want only this. so next time you want to add something creative here take your time and ask him because all you doing with your last posts is argueing
i didnt start all this thats why i said i didnt brought it
the gvg was a question to Johnny B. Goode
maybe my posts suck as you said but i am still trying to help this person

Algona

i dont really care how he learn about it
No player who cared about teaching players would ever say that. Didn't you want this for new players?

i like when people have nothing to say but insults
I haven't insulted you, just your posts.

You're another in a long line of players who mistakenly think expertise in game equates to expertise in posting.

Your mistakes include but are not limited to: Irrelevant topics; making up things people didn't say; inconsistent; sexist; confusing use of pronouns; failure to accept reality such as:

and as for who brought it (GvG is what we've been talking about - Al) here
You did. The proof is in the thread.

i am still trying to help this person
Then why are you arguing with me about things you made up I didn't say and denying what you did say instead of posting something useful like, oh, I dunno, try to make points supporting the Idea?

Bad posts detract from the position, not enhance it.

You really don't understand the word help.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

it happens to know a few. how many is alot for you idk
1 of them is you

if they dont want to i will not preasure anyone to do it
its a free game and everyone does what he wants

if you dont like gvg noone holding you from not doing it
gvg its not bad at all
The really funny part to this response is that Inno has made it 100% clear on multiple occasions that there will NEVER be any more changes to GvG. So asking for something to change there is barking up the wrong tree.

Now, without going down a road that leads to no where, outside of GvG, what are you asking for and how is it beneficial to the game. not you, the GAME. Meaning all players of every stripe, not just the few with who play like you.

Johnny B. Goode

Bottom line: If you're too lazy to tap/hover on a unit to see the boosts, then you're too lazy to make use of the information anyway. What next, a pointer telling you where to move your troops and which unit to attack? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Nice2HaveU

@Agent327, will explain one last time to "@Johnny B. Goode". Sorry. Whoever doesn't like the idea, I respect their opinion. But myself like my opinion on this with the people who supported me. I get the clear advantage on having this. Let me give an example in GBG, myself playing GBG with higher attrition which made the opponent's army to have 960/960 boost. Myself trying to capture the sector, and opponents army has two wave battles. Let's consider the era as Arctic Future. Hence opponents army has 8 surrogate soldier in first wave battle and 3 surrogate soldier and 3 recon riders in second wave battle.
Now my army units, having 8 hover tanks with unfortunately 450/350 attack/defense boost. Tried auto battle and manual but both the times failed. Because my bad luck, I didn't see the attack boost of opponents how strong they are. If i have seen it, could have made decision not to fight further. There is a chance to lose my entire army units from the bar if not seen how strong the opponent's and keep on fighting. Everyone can argue, higher attrition means higher strength of opponents which is need to understandable. Having the idea suggested explains to do some necessary changes to make our battle efficient since army units will gets changes for every battle and attrition too gets modified after few battles. It's definitely a good idea. It is a game. You are lazily playing or sleeping in the bed playing with drowsiness or in the restroom playing is it really matters. Suggested an idea which I felt like good one to have as an improvement in the game. If you don't like idea and feeling downfall with the idea, please make comments on the idea instead of who suggested the idea.

Johnny B. Goode

Tried auto battle and manual but both the times failed. Because my bad luck, I didn't see the attack boost of opponents how strong they are.
I'm sorry, but this blows your whole argument out of the water. Fighting the same army twice means that you had multiple opportunities to see their boosts. You had to be on the Army Management page twice and you also were on the battle results page twice, not to mention that when you were manually battling them you could have seen their boost at any time simply by tapping/hovering on one of their units. And if that isn't enough...
myself playing GBG with higher attrition which made the opponent's army to have 960/960 boost. Myself trying to capture the sector, and opponents army has two wave battles. Let's consider the era as Arctic Future. Hence opponents army has 8 surrogate soldier in first wave battle and 3 surrogate soldier and 3 recon riders in second wave battle.
You know the enemy boost AND army lineup, which means that you already know how to find both and further know how incredibly easy and fast it is to see both. Do you realize that in the time you have taken to post this idea and the argue about it for 3 pages, you could check enemy army boosts for a year? It takes so little time to check under the present system that I am mystified by your insistence on arguing for such a useless idea.

Here's a better "idea" than the one you're proposing: Take half a second (or less) before starting the battle to tap/hover on one of the enemy units while on the army management page. Boom! Now you know their boosts! "Problem" solved!

Nice2HaveU

Oh my god, you still didn't get my point. If we get into some video call or audio call, it will be better to explain. Let me try to clear the point, from the above GBG example which myself illustrated, to make you understand have mentioned the enemy boost. I will start from the beginning, please ASSUME today I start my first battle in GBG and keeps on continuing. After 20battles, have come across the enemy army unit which I mentioned above. I got my army unit same as mentioned 8hover tanks. I got clear victory with very very less damage even though have some level of attrition increased for opponents. But I didn't looked on it. So keeps on continuing battles. After total of 50battles, getting medium damage or loss of units in my attacking army. So cared to look on opponents army boost once. It is quite closer to mine, hence continued battle few more but only manual. Remember one thing here, I have hover and looked upon enemy boost once. So in my mind, it will be there. Also have continued few more battles again. With close to 70 or 80battles (just for an example), even while manually fighting also failed with easy opponents which i got initial victory from two wave battles of 8 surrogate soldiers and 3 surrogate and 3 recons. The reason because, I didn't expect the total enemy army boost increase FROM THE LAST TIME MYSELF CHECKED. If I want to fight very cautiously, as you mentioned, each time I should hover on enemy units whether it is difficult or not. so have made the idea to suggest, instead of going very cautiosuly each time hovering on enemy units for my battle, if it present upfront, no need to get confused on the current attrition boost given to the enemy army, and can make efficient battle plan. As you mentioned, it will take very less time to click the auto battle button also when enemy boost is not aware to us, which cause damage or victory. It depends on the enemy then. So to have clear battle plan, giving it on the front side is little a valid one. Also if it is presented, we have more understanding from our units, on which enemy attack boost we got heavy units lost or getting less damage or up to what level of attrition our army units can matchup with the enemy. Again argue, with just two small clicks it can be obtained. But for battle perspective, have it on the front notice, two clicks can be saved time to time. Two clicks are needed, when we decide our army units. Once decided, mainly care to look on opponents army boost since it goes up to creates trouble. Doing the time of battle, instead of hovering, having outside gives the knowledge like please hover to see how much strength got introduced to enemy units with new attrition in which I see the attack boost getting changes when I do battle each time with attrition increases. Same applicable for GE level 4 encounters pushing up one by one. I don't have any more points to explain since have tried as many as possible. If it gets implemented you will get the understanding and benefits of it for sure. Have no doubt. You can argue now also do the clicks to see. But have tried my big effort to give the reason for suggesting this idea in every possible ways. Anyways, myself happy forging all the time and wishing you also the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.