• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Army Management boost percentage view

Is it good to show Attack and Defense boost percentage values displ directly in army management box?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny B. Goode

Oh my god, you still didn't get my point.
Wrong. I get your point. Completely. I totally understand what you're saying. I disagree with the need for it. Completely. As in, this is a crappy idea that isn't worth the developers' time to even think about. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TAP/HOVER ON ONE UNIT OCCASIONALLY!!!!! Your hasty play/laziness isn't a valid reason for Inno to make this change. Period. End of discussion. Now quit trying to "explain" your idea to me. I completely and totally understand your idea, as well as your flimsy reasons for suggesting it. I do not like your idea. It is unnecessary and wasteful. The information is already right there, easily available.
he just gave an idea and most of us like it
whats your prob?
No, two of you like it. MOST of us see that it is a waste of time and totally useless.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TAP/HOVER ON ONE UNIT OCCASIONALLY!!!!!
Doesn't even have to do that. Your attrition is shown to you on the map. Once you know what attrition you can reach and at what attrition you need to switch to manual there is no reason to look at attack boosts anymore. Same applies to GE. Once you know how far you can get you know what you need to know, cause the values never change.

Nice2HaveU

It is like indication for attrition change from one battle to another if it is displayed. It gives some attention for the army units without hover or tap, but do hover or tap when you wanted/needed instead of getting any attention is the fair argument you guys are making. Just assume, attrition not displayed in GBG at all. Developer asking you guys to implement attrition box, still you guys will argue, with single tap or hover we got to know our boost while doing battle, so it is useless idea which we can see from easy way already. If that happened, what that developer feel, am also feeling the same now. Myself asking to get co-relation of attrition and boost values displayed front in the army management box. Simple.

madloc

developer doesnt feel what you feel he kicks
we unfortunatly cant do much, we can just complain to inno directly

Algona

Posted something, but Agent already beat me to the point.

You ignore the attrition level now.

Just assume, attrition not displayed in GBG at all. Developer asking you guys to implement attrition box, still you guys will argue,
Assume all you want. But if you get to assume what others will do based on past performance, then you should do the same for yourself.

You already refuse to use one source of the exact information you are looking for and already ignore the attrition level display.

By your own logic of assumption, you'll ignore the new display.

Myself asking to get co-relation of attrition and boost values displayed front in the army management box.
You want current attrition level displayed on the battle management screen as well? Or you're going to look at that on the main GBG screen and remember that number when you go to battle management?

Kinda selfish of you ignoring folks who negotiate? Shouldn't thyy have similar information before they start their negotiation?

You already can do that, open up the wiki page and put it on a separate window.

Doesn't seem like a lot to ask for something that after 15 months of GBG and countless millions of GBG fights and negotiations is only now being asked for and only because you got so caught up in bloodlust or a hurry to get more fights then your Guildies or were too distracted by something else that you lost track of your current attrit?

Or, heck, I dunno, maybe just pay attention to and use the information you already have.

Nice2HaveU

@Algona, nice man. Was making my assumption related to my idea. Army management box, I have to ignore negotiators buddy. Sorry couldn't control my laughter.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
It is like indication for attrition change from one battle to another if it is displayed. It gives some attention for the army units without hover or tap, but do hover or tap when you wanted/needed instead of getting any attention is the fair argument you guys are making. Just assume, attrition not displayed in GBG at all. Developer asking you guys to implement attrition box, still you guys will argue, with single tap or hover we got to know our boost while doing battle, so it is useless idea which we can see from easy way already. If that happened, what that developer feel, am also feeling the same now. Myself asking to get co-relation of attrition and boost values displayed front in the army management box. Simple.
Attrition is displayed. Your argument is totally moot. It is there right in front of you without having to hover or to click.

Algona

@Algona, nice man. Was making my assumption related to my idea. Army management box...
No, you statedothers would argue about anything regarding battle management screen changes as evidenced in this thread.

I'm fine with that.

But it also means that assumptions about what you've posted in this thread about you will continue to hold true.

Namely you'll continue to ignore information presented to you.

I have to ignore negotiators buddy. Sorry couldn't control my laughter.
Understood. Happens all the time,
posters just like you wanting changes to the game that don't take into consideration the effects on others. When asked about inevitably refuse to address it.

Glad you're getting a laugh out of it.

Did I say it is not there anywhere
Nobody said you had said it.

Just that you made the mistake of not looking at current attrit and were so distracted you got your army wiped out and now you want to change the game because you didn't pay attention.

Did that happen just one time, or do you repeatedly make that mistake that so many others manage to avoid?

Johnny B. Goode

Man, and I thought I was stubborn. You know, this game has been in existence for about 9 years. It has had fighting for most, if not all, of that time. With boosts. No one to my knowledge has ever asked to have the boosts clutter up the army management screen. Especially since they are already available with a simple tap/hover. And that is consistent with most of the game. You want info about something? Tap/hover is almost always the easy way to access it. And that fact is common knowledge. You can't get very far into this game without learning that. Tap/hover...info displayed. GB level? Tap/hover. Army boost? Tap/hover. On PC, time left to production cycle? Hover. It is absolutely ridiculous to continue this argument. You have made no case for this proposed change except to repeatedly point out that you ignore the easily available information and lose battles because of that. Here's an easy way to fix your problem without changing anything about the game: TAP/HOVER!!!!! Or don't...and continue to lose battles you probably shouldn't be fighting. Your choice.

madloc

New Idea Army Management boost percentage view

doesnt say "i demand" and there is a vote
you dont like it? vote no say your opinion and move on. why all this hate and negativity?
in the end if the admins GM GO how do you want to call them dont like it they can close it and thats it.
it was just a suggestion an idea, no need to talk down on anyone
you wasting everyones time, let the admins take their decision based on the vote or what ever they want

Nice2HaveU

@Algona Absolutely true. Am not a robot. I completely agree few times did not pay attention due to many reasons. That's not to be discussed. Having it displayed, it will be noticeable easily and will be useful for others like myself felt. What's wrong in it.
@Johnny B. Goode , learning is done long back. Am trying to make a connection point to the hover or tap with my idea. That's it!! Have said thanks long back and didn't came to the conversations. But somehow ended doing again. Anyways, thanks to everyone for the longest conversation have ever happened in my life. Have enjoyed it. Thanks much to everyone who tried to help from their busy schedule.

Happy forging to all of you guys!!

Algona

What's wrong in it.
Aside from game balance problems by giving a subset of players information?

Covered in an earlier post:

This Idea falls into the category of cool information that is useless. Except one corner case where it could be harmful.

It's much more important for a new player to understand the concepts of escalating toughness from attrition in GBG and tougher defenses in higher GE Encounters and increasing GE toughness as the player moves up in Era and from advancing on the CMap then exact boosts.

More important then that though is the concept of look before you leap.

New players should be checking every aspect of an upcoming battle including boosts, size and composition of the opposing army, and especially troop matchups.

Inexperienced players looking at just a bald statement of combat boosts will be lead into possible false overconfidence or temerity.
Mich more important then what;s wrong with this Idea, though is what is right with the idea?

Players successfully manage battles without this. Players who get 'surprised' now without this Idea chose to forego the information already easily available.

There's no indication that those players will stop ignoring easily available information even when provided more information.

There is a lot of evidence scattered through this forum of players of the mindset of being in a hurry or distracted who ignore displayed information and specific confirmations.

The cure for this is not presenting more information or confirmations, the cure is to slow down and pay attention to what is already available.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
OP has asked for a conclusion on this, cause he feels the discussion has become to personal. Normally an Idea is left open for a month, but since he asks for a conclusion at this moment the idea will be locked and archived because of not having enough community support

Status
Not open for further replies.