• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Army Management Tool

• Thread starter MaryBethCandySue
  • Start date

DeletedUser

New army management

The new army management screen is a more efficient way to manage your units. Now, you can mark units to defend your city, but unlike before, they can now also be used in attack.

army_management_n.png

1. Currently selected army. Units you select from your unit pool (at the bottom of the screen) will be placed into your current army.
2. Defending units. If the enemy's defenses are visible, they are shown here.
3. Units with a blue surround are marked to defend your city. Clicking this blue defensive helmet will activate the defending army selector, which can be toggled on and off. When active, click any unit to add/remove it from your defending army.
4. This is your unit pool, where your available units are kept. As before, you can filter between different unit types. Defensive units always appear at the front of the pool, for easier location.
5. An additional filter has also been added. You can now choose to display only units from a specific age in your unit pool.
6. You can activate the heal unit icon to heal any units you select.
7. Delete units using this option.

DeletedUser3792

well I never see what the enemy army is until is already in place and if you back out you lose the battle, is this something that is going to be implemented

DeletedUser2988

The example above is taken from a battle from the continent map. When battling on the map you can see the opposing army. When battling your neighborhood this information is hidden.

DeletedUser8428

Here's what I don't understand. (Couldn't insert screen capture)

When battling from the map, once I click 'attack', I have one last opportunity to select my army for the battle and I'm given info about my opponent. For the first time, I've encountered opponents who, even though I've 'infiltrated' them, seem to have been given an advantage - for example, in light green is listed "Attack (+15%)" so that their attack score for this unit is 9, even though my matching unit is 8. Why does this army have an advantage in this battle?

DeletedUser4844

Since you have infiltrated them I am guessing you mean fighting on the continent map, as you can't infiltrate players. AS you fight through more advanced territories you find more and more of the territories with higher and higher bonuses for the troops. Part of this is just because a lot of players will also have bonuses to their troops from great buildings at that time. Part of it may be that you get particularly nice rewards when you conquer those provinces. In the last province of the north american map I believe some of the troops get bonuses of 110% to both attack and defense.

However, the key to defeating provinces with very high bonuses is to have the exact right type of troop to defeat them. For example, fast troops are very vulnerable to light troops. Heavy troops are very vulnerable to ranged troops (not artillery). In addition, try to get decent bonuses from great buildings, and if the fight is still too tough wait until you can fight it with troops of a higher age. Every battle can be won this way, but if you are in a hurry you could also negotiate for the tougher sectors instead of fighting.

DeletedUser

I don't see that. I only see my units and nothing on the other side for both tower fights or on the map.

DeletedUser2145

I don't see that. I only see my units and nothing on the other side for both tower fights or on the map.

Map = Continent Map. Everyone sees the enemy units on the second half of the army management window when they hit a sector. It is likely you're looking at a different window if you believe otherwise, but don't take my word on it - grab a screenshot and we can find the error.

DeletedUser

Does any know if there is a maximum number of military units that can be produced/held in the new army management tool or per profile? For instance, if there is a cap of no more than 100 units of any mixture, and I were able to make 150 units, what then? Or can you have/keep/store as many as you can possibly make?

DeletedUser4844

I don't know if there is a limit, but thank to Alcatraz and my habit of not attacking while my attack bonuses are relatively low, I have well over 300 military units.

DeletedUser

blue ring

I don't know if there is a limit, but thank to Alcatraz and my habit of not attacking while my attack bonuses are relatively low, I have well over 300 military units.

What about blue rings around units? Do they add to your defense bonus when fighting on the map? Do the defense bonus from my great buildings add to defense bonus I get from the monastery when fighting for sectors on the map? In other words, should I put a blue ring when going into battle on the map?

DeletedUser

What about blue rings around units? Do they add to your defense bonus when fighting on the map? Do the defense bonus from my great buildings add to defense bonus I get from the monastery when fighting for sectors on the map? In other words, should I put a blue ring when going into battle on the map?

DeletedUser2145

Blue ring means you have selected that unit to be on your defense. You do not get any extra bonuses just for highlighting it, especially if you're using it in attack. The unit still has whichever bonuses that apply to it (offense bonuses when attacking, defense bonuses when defending).

DeletedUser

The blue rings are there to let you know that the highlighted units are on defense.

Yes, Def bonuses stack. the monastary bonus would be in addition to the GB and Watchfires.

---curse your nimble bunny fingers---

DeletedUser4844

Bunny fingers aren't nearly as nimble as those of your monkey army, but the monkeys were holding lasers at the time and didn't want to put them down.

DeletedUser8796

I love the new Army management window. I have noticed one small glitch which is more of a cosmetic issue the
words "Army Management" on my window always appear right over the X button to close the window.

DeletedUser2145

No, but the battle is played out by an AI, which is limited in its thinking ability and therefore doesn't produce the best results (far from it, actually).

DeletedUser

Blue highlighted units are units you have selected to defend your city. If you lose them during an attack on an enemy, then you will need to make or select more troops for your defenses.
I'm pretty sure ALL purely defensive bonuses stack. I'm equally sure that they only apply to defending your city. Attack bonuses only apply to fights you start. IE: 1) attempting to take a sector on your personal empire map 2) taking a sector on the guild map 3) picking a fight with a neighbor in the GvG tower or simply attacking a neighbor so you can plunder them.