• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser26660

Do quests to keep the interest level up but don't push players by making them do things like scouting, taking sectors and researching technologies, Arthur would not be impressed.

DeletedUser

Do quests to keep the interest level up but don't push players by making them do things like scouting, taking sectors and researching technologies, Arthur would not be impressed.
The cartoon character, the millionaire playboy from the movie, the early English king? Or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?;)

DeletedUser6540

These scout province quests are getting ridiculous and basically unfair
For those in the higher ages it takes days to scout a province (mine will take 3 days and 16 hrs)
While someone in the lower age it takes only a few hours
It needs to be changed
I dont think a discussion or debate is needed its just plain wrong
please fix it

DeletedUser26965

These scout province quests are getting ridiculous and basically unfair
For those in the higher ages it takes days to scout a province (mine will take 3 days and 16 hrs)
While someone in the lower age it takes only a few hours
It needs to be changed
I dont think a discussion or debate is needed its just plain wrong
please fix it
Here's a quest from the next event;
4) Scout a province OR Solve 12 Guild Expedition Encounters and Spend 11 Forge Points

They get it and are making changes.

And here's a link regarding the changes; A reflection on recent questline and event feedback

DeletedUser15539

4) Scout a province OR Solve 12 Guild Expedition Encounters and Spend 11 Forge Points

And here's a link regarding the changes; A reflection on recent questline and event feedback
I admit it. I am not a computer programmer. I cannot state from experience how long it would have taken for INNO to change the Doyle quest to scout a province as stated above. But I have a hunch it would be about a one man-hour job, or less.

Algona

Sigh. No, it;s not unfair. We all play on the same Map.

As a radical departure from these rather rigid event formats, how about getting points for progressing each month which can then be exchanged for goodies...a hooribly convoluted idea...

You want to give rewards to players for playing the game and advancing their game state through normal play? You mean besides the additional buildings, tech, abilities, military, productivity, expansions...

I am not going to be playing along to Inno's tune so I will ignore this questline and just play according to my priorities.

You and others complain about the bad 3 Quests 'forcing' them to advance their game state in ways they don't like to get Event rewards.

Now you want to replace that system with a system where INNO 'forces' players to advance their game to get Monthly rewards.

Right.

Sigh. Again with unfair, and again, no. it's not unfair. While you may have to take 4 days scouting. new players have to spend multiple half days collecting 11 FPs, which your city spits out by the gross.. Kinda balances out, eh?

Yeah, in that same announcement, they said they would try to fix the Doyle quest. I see that was a massive failure.

Read it again,. They said they would address the Tech problem in this Event.

And. They. Did.

Bust INNO;s chops for things they have screwed up. Like nio use for the highest Era Treasury Goods. Or GvG recalc lag. No free nice ponies and the gold bars they give away are too heavy.

But please don't whine about something they did right and exactly as the players asked. That won;t help us get them to get further things fixed.

DeletedUser28855

Wonder if it was Start a Scout instead of Scout a Province people would be less frustrated with the event quests? Solve 12 GE encounters is a nice tie in for events and might see people participate in them more often. Even a mini event centered around GE might be something to consider INNO.

-Razorback-

No provinces to scout. No provinces to gain control over. I have completed the continent map and have nothing new to do. And, because of this, I can't get past quest number 9. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen anymore.
The good people at Innogames owe me one "Lords Manor" due to their faulty questline that shouldn't punish people who cannot possibly complete the quests. I thought this game was supposed to be fun, not frustrating!!!

DeletedUser

No provinces to scout. No provinces to gain control over. I have completed the continent map and have nothing new to do. And, because of this, I can't get past quest number 9. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen anymore.
The good people at Innogames owe me one "Lords Manor" due to their faulty questline that shouldn't punish people who cannot possibly complete the quests. I thought this game was supposed to be fun, not frustrating!!!
If you had truly completed the continent map, the quest would have auto-completed. "Completed the continent map" only occurs when you have finished all ages, not just your current one.