• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Artic future

• Thread starter DeletedUser14197
  • Start date

DeletedUser14197

I have been in future age fir a long time and have considered moving up to artic future but would prefer to still enjoy the game. I have had people say they regret moving up, that it now just harder and more time consuming to do the exact thing we were doing before. Add tti that so few artic future age goods in the market. But I used to totally enjoy moving up ages. If I move up and hate it I'll quit the game. So after any of the next ages fun and challenging. I heard bad about oceanic and Mars. Heard nothing about virtual. Didn't make sense a good game could make one regret moving up

*Arturis*

Move to the latest Age where the goods is most in demand and you get 10fps from recurring quests instead of 5fps.

DeletedUser29623

@LacLongQuan, if you get most of your goods from your Chat, is Arctic Future all that different from the earlier ages?

BruteForceAttack

I have been in future age fir a long time and have considered moving up to artic future but would prefer to still enjoy the game. I have had people say they regret moving up, that it now just harder and more time consuming to do the exact thing we were doing before. Add tti that so few artic future age goods in the market. But I used to totally enjoy moving up ages. If I move up and hate it I'll quit the game. So after any of the next ages fun and challenging. I heard bad about oceanic and Mars. Heard nothing about virtual. Didn't make sense a good game could make one regret moving up

Well it depends on many factors.

GE is harder in AF compared to FE. Does your guild require you to do all GE levels? Do you fight or negotiate?
What is your Attack/Def?
What is your source of goods and supplies? Do you utilize your Arc and Chat to do recurring quests?
Do you do GVG?

DeletedUser14197

Well it depends on many factors.

GE is harder in AF compared to FE. Does your guild require you to do all GE levels? Do you fight or negotiate?
What is your Attack/Def?
What is your source of goods and supplies? Do you utilize your Arc and Chat to do recurring quests?
Do you do GVG?
My guild only requires 32. I do 64. I negotiate 8 in level 4. I have 417/151 attack/ defence. I can only play on my phone. We do not have internet. So I auto fight nearly all the battles as I can not tell which plots are safe for hoovers. The few I fight manually are at the beginning of level 4 where they put rogues in the mix. I do recurring quests minimally. They are not something I enjoy. I do the fp and the coin one and rarely stop collecting from my buildings to do them. I just do them once at the end normally. My arc is level 80 but my chat is only 12. I have around 12,000 of each future good and around 1000 of each artic age good. I have done some of the artic age map. I can't do gvg since I only play on my phone. I guess my supplies and good just come from wws, event buildings, etc.

DeletedUser32973

From my experience using the CF in AF it was actually easier to get goods than in FE. The only big difference imo is promethium, which isn't all that bad. It just makes progressing through the research tree a bit slower. I'm in the camp that thinks the spirit of the game is to do everything in your power to move forward (but only when you're ready). From what you've said you should be fine moving up. If you need goods you can just trade your large stock of FE up to AF. You'll eventually get them. Your attack and defense is more than enough to get through 64/64 GE btw.

I don't know, I think maybe a lot of complaints about AF and beyond are regarding GVG? My main gripe is not being able to tech rush to necessary technologies like you could earlier in the game. So you start off "weak" in the age. Not a big deal though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

So should I move up would it be better to move up before this new event, after it starts, or when is over. I like to complete events

Mustapha00

I am...underwhelmed...at the military units in AF. I find myself using Hover Tanks from the previous Age far more often than Battle Fortresses (can't make Behemoths yet so no idea if they are more effective than BFs...but they could hardly be worse).

qaccy

My biggest complaint with AF was and still is how horribly designed the research tree is, due to being the first age released in parts. Other than that, it's still a bit weird to me that the early AF buildings look like they should be part of FE instead of definitely looking like they're from AF. I think the military units are fine overall, though I will say that out of FE, AF, OF, VF, and SAM, it's probably the roughest age for fighting in GE because no matter how strong you are, a Battle Fortress is usually going to take 4 shots to bring down.