• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Short Story] Attach to Forum

DeletedUser23123

"What?" Yeah, I am
"Don't get it." It a habit.
"Still got nothing." Okay, I'll tell yeah what happen.
Back in 1986. I had Architect Engineer. The cad system just came out. Had to mostly type stuff in. The hardest part was finding the damn letters. After about 2 semester. Typing became pretty easy. But, typing Dos program to make something happen started to get really boring. Half way through the 3rd semester. Auto-cad was introduce. I was hook.
The problem was. It was too late for me to get in the Architect field due to the fact that at the time, it was a hot job. Being on the very bottom of the list. Finding a job in that field was non-existent. Boeing or Caterpillar was my 2 choices. Hey, I like planes and heavy equipment.
Anyway. Working in factories for 2 years did not set with me to well. After quitting 3 factory jobs. I had enough. I went back home and try to figure out what to do next.
Well as some luck would have it. Having 6 uncles that work constructions. I did end up building houses and fast food joints. During that time I was living with a cousin who needed help with bills. This is where it started.
My cousin is a wiz. Don't underestimate that. He at the time could have been Bill Gate. The only problem was he was big on hacking and drugs. Drugs, I mean coke. I think he only slept on noon.
I started watching him type things on a make shift Apple. This thing had IBM, Apple, Compaq and other computer parts all crammed together. We're talking 1990's stuff. Remember the 8 inch, 5 1/4 and the 3 1/2 floppy. Yeah, those old things. With everything together. It will fill up 1/2 of an s-10 short bed pick-up truck. I know, I did it.
Long and behold. Nothing last forever. He ended up in prison and I ended up jobless, when the construction business bottom out. It time to move again. "Hi mom".
Got working as a temp for many jobs. Until mom told me about a golf coarse resort needing help. I been there for 20 years.
But, back in 1999. I bought my first computer. A Windows 98 from Compaq. It sucks. (Thank You, HP to the rescue). Well, cousin is out of prison and got clean. With some secret cash he had hidden. He manage to get back into computers. He and I started chatting up on ICQ. Hmm. I couldn't stop since.
We start a tech chat to help other with their computers. Had over 10 chat of various sites and 2 newsgroups. He mostly did the software stuff. I just stuck with the hardware. Did this for 5 years We built a ton of computers to sell for gamers, photographers and schools. That didn't last long because, computer started to get cheaper to buy new than it did to build one. Luckily I was still working at the resort.
So, after 17 years of chatting on forums, I just got attach to it. I had at one time 120 forum pages. Kept them in Folders with notebook info on them. Here a kicker. 120 forum and only 15 passwords. Funny.
I did start to get tired of it. Drop out on all of them. UNTIL......(Drum roll) FACEBOOK! and then Twitter and those other stuff.
Oh well. At least I'm down to just 2. Uh, maybe 3.:rolleyes: