• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attack and Defense Bonus

Agent327

Increase those numbers if you are a high powered Negotiator in GBG. Negotiations score 2 to Fighting for 1, which is a 100% increase for each successful GBG encounter. Consider it the equivalent of a 3-point shot in basketball, which is just 50% better than a 2-point shot.

How can it be equivalent if I can put in at least 4 2-point shots in the time you can make 1 3-point shot?

Algona

Random thoughts.

As far as Goods for Tech, here's a link:

As far as good for Negotiating I stockpile and keep a few Goods producing SBs in the previous Era. In my LMA city I have 6 LMA Sleighbuilders (highly rrecommended, avaialable in AD and hopefully Winter Event.) amd 6 HMA Sleighbuilders. When I advance to ColA I'll upgrade the HMA Sleighbuilders to ColA with Reno Kits and leave the LMA Sleighbuilders until I advance to IndA.

Debaser

Like I said I am in lma and only have 121% attack and 64% defense so I am going to focus on building that up. Does anyone have any recomendations on what my attack and defense should be before I leave lma?
313/313, IA, 6 months. I'm not sure why people hold GE 64 as the gold standard for when to move up an era. GBG > GE 64. Get your Zeus, CoA and CDM to 10 if not already. Focus your Arc to 80. Next focus traz and CDM to 60 followed by zeus and coa. Focus on Sentinel outpost and the upgrades in events. The focus on Arc is for more BPs and more return on FPS as well as medals to unlock all your victory expansions.

Just An Observer

How can it be equivalent if I can put in at least 4 2-point shots in the time you can make 1 3-point shot?

You have never seen how fast I can Negotiate! Other than the 6-item ones, they get buzzed through faster than 2 autobattles takes and sometimes even the sixers get solved quickly. I guess you are not as smart as I am :)

Emberguard

You have never seen how fast I can Negotiate! Other than the 6-item ones, they get buzzed through faster than 2 autobattles takes and sometimes even the sixers get solved quickly. I guess you are not as smart as I am :)
It can also depend on how many units get injured and need swapping out inbetween battles

qaccy

I only negotiate when attrition is a concern, because I'd rather get two advances on a sector per attrition point than just one. But if attrition's not a concern, definitely battling all the way.

Also, I have stronger defensive boosts than offensive ones. 386/563 for my defenders, with only 346/400 for my attackers.

Jern2017

516/438, Contemporary Era. I can auto battle GE 64 and auto battle in GBG to about 60 attrition, much higher with manual battle, especially if I use higher age units.

Wobblist

Once you get a high enough bonus it will be. But to be honest you don’t learn anything about fighting and tactics by autofighting. Anyone can hit the autofight bonus but it takes some skill to manually fight.
I wouldn't care about skill if I can breeze through GE by autoing, and those races in GBG as well. And usually you learn those skills prior to being able to auto through high attrition/64 GE, so that's a pretty pointless comment you made there.

Jern2017

I wouldn't care about skill if I can breeze through GE by autoing, and those races in GBG as well. And usually you learn those skills prior to being able to auto through high attrition/64 GE, so that's a pretty pointless comment you made there.

Most players I know are terrible at manually fighting. They are under the impression an insanely high attack/defense boost is crucial if you want to win battles, so they focus on increasing that boost and just keep hitting auto battle until they win.

Mustapha00

Most players I know are terrible at manually fighting. They are under the impression an insanely high attack/defense boost is crucial if you want to win battles, so they focus on increasing that boost and just keep hitting auto battle until they win.

Well, they're not wrong.

The imbalance in this, as I see it, is that the DEF boost for the Attacking player is almost certainly going to be exponentially higher than the ATT boost of the Defending player, which means that, although your high DEF boost reduces the damage your troops take, the Attacker's high DEF boost, faced with the Defender's (probably) very low ATT boost means you're doing even less damage to your opponent.

In my highest DEF City, my DEF boost is just a bit under 600%. But my OFF boost for defending troops is only about 100%. An Attacker with a very high OFF boost might do only 2 or 3 damage per hit to my troops, but I'm probably doing only 1 to his troops so he'll win that battle.