• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attack and Defense Bonus

CommanderCool1234

Hello everyone, I have been playing forge of empires for about 6 months and was wondering what everyone's attack and defense are? I am in LMA and have 121% attack and 64% defense.

Emberguard

In my 6 month city I’ve got 122 / 145%

In my 3 year city I’ve got 179 / 148% (yeah, haven’t been paying as much attention to raising the boosts for it for a while :p)

Just An Observer

153/87. EMA era. The real number I look at is how many hits to kill an opposing unit. 2 at the most is what I seek with Rogues getting some 1-hit kills. My army is used in GE and for Daily quests usually although it has beaten some Colonial era units when taking sectors on the Campaign map. That was done with a 7 Rogue/1 Champion group. I always fight manually.

In GE I can make it to the 56th spot on the map before I need to Negotiate. It looks like having 200+ boost will do the job and getting it will be relatively easy. Goods saved in doing GE go into GBG, where I pile up 2 points per successful Negotiation compared to a Fighting 1 point. Having a decent recursion machine helps keep the goods in stock.

CommanderCool1234

Like I said I am in lma and only have 121% attack and 64% defense so I am going to focus on building that up. Does anyone have any recomendations on what my attack and defense should be before I leave lma?

The Lady Redneck

My LMA city is 329/229. I have been there about a year, but at first meant it just to be a diamond farm so did not really do much with it. So stayed in Iron age. I have been working it for about 7 months to turn it into a fighting city. I never move up an age until I am able to auto battle all 4 levels of GE and am top in my hood.

I do not know what your city is like. but you should have Zeus, CoA, CdM, OBS, LoA, ToR, And have them to level 10. I also have Arc, Cape, StM, CF, Traz and AO. My Arc and Cape are both level 80 and Traz and CdM level 60. The singularly most important factor is to be in a good, well established guild where the founder and leaders all have YEARS of experience in every aspect of the game. As that is where you will get the help and support you need to grow. Once you get into such a guild, you should put the guild first. and be an active member. That way as the guild grows you grow.

The Lady Redneck

And are you in a guild where the Founder and leaders have a lot of experience in the game?. If they are present every day and actively encouraging lower members, great!!. Also if the guild has not only a 1.9 thread but other threads and incentives to help members level their GBs Great!! If not move on, You need to play your own game and not stay stuck in a rut wondering what you should be doing. You also need to build up a stock of FP packs and your own goods inventory so you have a good stock of your previous age, present age and next age goods. I keep 1000 of each. You will need them for doing the techs in your new age as well as for GE and GBG if you do need to negotiate. Again a good guild with active trading is what you need. They will also be able to help you with battle and troop tactics and which GBs you should never build.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Okay. thanks for the recommendations. I always hear different things about how many goods I need but 1,000 seems to be the most common.
It does depend on what you want to get out of having a inventory stock. You could technically do a lower number to begin with. But early on 1,000 tends to be a nice number because by the time you get 1,000 you'll have lvl'd up your GBs a bit and be able to negotiate. It also means you don't have to remember a different number for every age you go up.

However there does come a point when you'll have to either increase that number or keep producing goods from previous ages. Based on research costs you'd probably want to do something like this: (GB construction not factored in)

Bronze - Industrial: 1,000 goods
Progressive - Post-Modern: 2,000 goods
Tomorrow - Virtual Future: 3,000 goods
Space Ages: ???

Just An Observer

Increase those numbers if you are a high powered Negotiator in GBG. Negotiations score 2 to Fighting for 1, which is a 100% increase for each successful GBG encounter. Consider it the equivalent of a 3-point shot in basketball, which is just 50% better than a 2-point shot.