• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attack Boost Practical Limit

mamboking053

Is there a practical limit to how much attack boost I should go for? By this, I mean is there anyone (in FE and up) who feels they have way more attack boost then they need and might have been better off chasing something else like more FP?

Also...I heard a rumor saying that the Arctic Orangery had been nerfed. Is that true?

Emberguard

I can’t find anything that’d indicate a nerf on Beta or live servers. Found a post from 2016 stating a lvl 10 AO with the same stats as today (7% rounded up). So IF there’s a nerf at all it’d either be incoming or at a higher lvl (or FP related?) OR something from when it was very first released

As to how much attack? From what I’ve seen others post it seems to stop being effective around 400-500%. You can get 250% from GBs

Agent327

Is there a practical limit to how much attack boost I should go for? By this, I mean is there anyone (in FE and up) who feels they have way more attack boost then they need and might have been better off chasing something else like more FP?

Also...I heard a rumor saying that the Arctic Orangery had been nerfed. Is that true?

If you camp you can go for the number that gets you through lvl 4 GE. If you actually play the game you can never have enough.

AO has not been nerved.

qaccy

Eventually, getting those increases does stop having a meaningful effect. Sure, 500% is larger than 400%, but if it doesn't let you defeat enemy units faster then it's effectively pointless. However, there are so many different units, matchups, and boost levels for opponents that it's difficult to settle on any particular number as a stopping point.

Goth Almighty

A related question is, how effective are the attack boosts? The tavern 30% attack boost always seems to help just a little bit more than w/o it, no matter how high or low your attacking units' boost is, lol.

mamboking053

A related question is, how effective are the attack boosts? The tavern 30% attack boost always seems to help just a little bit more than w/o it, no matter how high or low your attacking units' boost is, lol.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's basically why you have to stack more boost to get a real significant push out of it. If I want a good edge I use the tavern boost plus an attack boost potion for 50%.

Goth Almighty

If I want a good edge I use the tavern boost plus an attack boost potion for 50%.

Gets a bit expensive after a bit, eh? Plus, it's also dependent on getting enough attack boosts as event rewards. That's why I'm camped out in the Tomorrow Era. I got all the way thru the TE tech tree plus completed 75% of the first level of the FE and then won a hover tank. With that I can blast through all 4 levels of the GE, beat all my neighbors and win all encounters on the C-Map (I'm currently in the AFE on the map), if I want to. What a new feeling that is. So I came to a complete stop in the tech tree and now I am a happy camper resident of the TE. I guess the Hover Tank was supposedly nerfed but you couldn't tell by me. ;)

DeletedUser30312

From my experience, anything less than a 10% boost really doesn't have a noticeable effect on combat.

mamboking053

From my experience, anything less than a 10% boost really doesn't have a noticeable effect on combat.

30% doesn't seem to have that much either. I recently used a 30% tavern boost and a 20% potion and it didn't seem to give me that much. The same units I almost one-shot remained alive. Not that I was trying to one-shot, but I didn't see a big difference. I guess 400% would definitely be noticeable, but I've heard even that won't one-shot so if an additional 300% attack boost couldn't take that little bit of life left after I hit a unit now, I wondered on it's actual worth going forward.

At the moment I have 250%. I'm guessing that maybe 300% is enough to get me through the entire game without any problems, while not uselessly spending more for less and less returns, or have I got this wrong?

I wish there was a combat simulator I could test this on...

DeletedUser30312

I have 250% as well. Back when I was around 200%, adding a +20% from the tavern did seem to make my units a bit tougher. It's possible that at this point upping to 270% won't matter too much. But then, I also don't use the tavern for anything else either.

Goth Almighty

At the moment I have 250%. I'm guessing that maybe 300% is enough to get me through the entire game without any problems, while not uselessly spending more for less and less returns, or have I got this wrong?

I'm closer to 450% attack boost but the only thing that matters to me is having a Hover Tank in TE. I never even think about my boost but the HT makes all the difference in the world vs FE, AFE and OFE units. I don't know if there are any other troops that give you such a massive advantage against all opponents--GE, C-MAP, PvP--but I haven't seen one in the lower ages.

DeletedUser32973

I remember reading somewhere that getting 9-10 dmg or 10-10 dmg requires an exceptional amount of attack (more than what is reasonable). For strictly GE4 which is what I focus on, my aim is "enough attack for any of my units to one shot any of the enemy units with the AO crit." And preferably that would apply to the latest released age. It's hard to know how difficult future ages battles will be, so in that respect I kind of agree with agent. I'm at ~350% in oceanic right now and it's not enough to one shot everything with the AO crit yet.

Agent327

It's hard to know how difficult future ages battles will be, so in that respect I kind of agree with agent. I'm at ~350% in oceanic right now and it's not enough to one shot everything with the AO crit yet.

There is no golden rule for that. In SAM one shot opponents becomes more easy. Problem is they can one shot your units as well.

DeletedUser34480

Just as my 2 cents, I have got a sneaky suspicion that adding boost actually makes me lose more troops -- like game outweigh my increase without declaring it. Can be just a stupid feeling, I'm not saying.

DeletedUser32973

There is no golden rule for that. In SAM one shot opponents becomes more easy. Problem is they can one shot your units as well.

Ya not sure how I feel about AR targeting. My opinion doesn't mean much since I'm not there yet, but it looks like a completely idiotic feature. 20% chance of double dmg on any age unit (according to wiki)? A level 70 AO is ~20% on same age. Is it an attempt to nerf the AO o_O? Actually how does AR targeting work in tandem with the AO anyway? I'm curious if the next age will have the same shenanigans.

*Arturis*

I am in SaM, I do fine in GE with 318-318% attack bonus combined from 4 attack gbs. AO is at 35.8%. When encountering tough battles, I just time my kraken (99.75%) and Virgo (69.87%) to hit it. If I want to burst the 2000% defense in my hood, I need to put up 100 stc, but I don’t hit my hood so it’s just an option.

mamboking053

I am in SaM, I do fine in GE with 318-318% attack bonus combined from 4 attack gbs. AO is at 35.8%. When encountering tough battles, I just time my kraken (99.75%) and Virgo (69.87%) to hit it. If I want to burst the 2000% defense in my hood, I need to put up 100 stc, but I don’t hit my hood so it’s just an option.

You can fight all the way through GE 4 with this type of boost?