• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Attack & Defense Bonus Goals by Age/Era

• Thread starter DeletedUser31348
  • Start date

DeletedUser31348

I was talking to a guildie the other day, and s/he mentioned that my St. Marks was "high enough for my age." Then today, a forum member mentioned that it is important to have an attack bonus that is appropriate for my age. Given that these are semi-objective and semi-subjective amounts, I thought I would ask all of you what you think is a good rule of thumb for attack & defense bonus goals for each age?

For example, I am in the Industrial Age and my attack and defense bonuses are:
When Attacking: +69% attack bonus and +57% defense bonus
When Defending: +18% attack bonus & +111% defense bonus
How am I situated for my current age, and how much additional should I accumulate before going up to the PE?

It would be nice to collect these goals for all ages, so players would have a ballpark goal to shoot for. Thank you in advance.

DeletedUser26120

Attack is good for where you are at. I'd say rule of thumb is you should be around 60% in progressive era.

Defense is okay but easily breakable. 180% is when you start inflicting losses on most attackers.

qaccy

Upper maximum you want from GBs is around 100-120% in both attack and defense. This is only for Guild Expeditions though. If you don't really fight or participate much in those (you should) you can get away with a lot less. Having all 3 military boost GBs at level 10 for a solid 90% bonus is more than enough for most people.

Regarding defense, you aren't really going to stop people who attack using rogues so it largely doesn't matter. Once you get to Oceanic it gets a lot easier to defend your city.

Grey Lens 1953

I find the answers above quite strange. I have attacking army bonus of 367/229 in HMA and I continue to seek to increase it. The ability to autobattle without losses is my goal.

Agent327

I find the answers above quite strange. I have attacking army bonus of 367/229 in HMA and I continue to seek to increase it. The ability to autobattle without losses is my goal.

In 2017 those answers were spot on. Now in 2020 I find your goal quite strange.