• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attacking and plundering ... does anybody care?

LaGoulue

It's been many months since I was attacked and now in my present 'hood one attacker has been breaching my defenses daily. They're lucky to get 10 goods since I structure my collections to ensure that event buildings are motivated and cleaned on a regular basis. Since being attacked is a new factor, I've mustered all of my tacticians towers and ritual flames but have refused to take up valuable space with Deal Castle, St. Basil's Cathedral, and Galata Tower to no avail. The attacker seems to have devoted most of their city to attack boosts and I hope they buy diamonds to keep the game going. So, it's a "cat and mouse" game! I'd love to see statistics on the % of players who attack and attack/plunder. Based on my empirical data, I'd venture to say that attack/plunder isn't a big deal, given all the other activities required for building and maintaining a city.

Enlighten me!

Thanks!

Ebeondi Asi

As a player gets stronger they usually can ignore being attacked. The stuff lost is nothing in the grand scheme of playing Foe. And as you mention, collect on time alleviates most problems.
I have eliminated all i can of City defense. I tossed the Monastery a very long time ago. I threw away St Basil, and GT.
I get attacked now and then, and attack them back. Just a minor part of the game.
Once in awhile I see a city full of City Defense. That is a huge waste of space on something no one needs once you have been playing for a year or more.
Plus there are players who attack every day just to collect points for fighting. I have thought about doing that. but just have not gotten around to it.

Johnny B. Goode

For a long time after I started playing, there was only GvG and attacking the hood for fighting. No GE, no GBG, no PVP Arena. And since GvG centers around a specific time of day (and has for as long as I've been playing), that left a lot of time for attacking neighbors and plundering. Add in the fact that when I first started you could be in a 'hood with players from any age or era. Now factor in that there were few event buildings. Most resources had to be produced from regular Build menu buildings. Plunder heaven! Then Inno made the 'hoods mostly same age, added all the other features, and started giving out event buildings left and right that produce anything and everything you need in your city. Lots of other arenas for fighting, little available to plunder. Yeah, it's no longer the huge deal it was when I started. Not even as annoying as gnats on a summer day.

LaGoulue

Thanks for your insightful replies! I don't attack back, preferring GbG and GE plus the occasional campaign map for a quest. Quite a while ago, I would be attacked but the winner wouldn't plunder. I tried attacking once, won, but didn't see the point of plundering. FoE has great flexibility to accommodate the desires of all players!