• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ATTENTION TO ALL

WinnerGR

Change the bug reporting section so that it is like En and Beta .

And I think all locked proposals should be moved to an new archive section.

Make it compulsory to follow the template and if you do not it gets moved to an unformatted ideas section until it is formatted.

And explain to everybody how the other ID reactions work and then let us use them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I would suggest you check out the EN forum, @Emberguard is a mod there and i like parts of it.Not saying we should make ours completly like that its good were unique.
Also let us use the other ID reactions on messages..
A dnsl revamp would be great.
1. What is it specifically that you like about the EN forum?
2. DNSL was revamped just last year to conform to what all other servers were using. And the content originates with the developers, so it's not like we can dictate to them what they don't want to see.

Agent327

Revamping will only mean you put the same things in different places. What's the use? It will only lead to more posts being in the wrong place.

Wouldn't it be smarter to work on effectivenes? Start by closing threads that should not get any reactions anymore. Lock threads that have not had a reaction in say two months. Streamline the forum instead of revamping it.

Super Catanian

Lock threads automatically after a set interval with no new posts (maybe a month?), so it isn't possible to necro long-dead threads from years ago.
On a similar note, if someone posts a new proposal that hasn't really been proposed before, but is on the DNSL, perhaps it could be moved to the Forge Hall like it used to be last year instead of just closing the thread? Perhaps it won't discourage new members as much. We're already getting comments about being a toxic forum, which I know is (mostly) not the case, but it's hard to see that clearly if you're a new member.

Volodya

Start by closing threads that should not get any reactions anymore. Lock threads that have not had a reaction in say two months. Streamline the forum instead of revamping it.
If I had your take-no-prisoners approach to life on this forum, I would now chastise you for being too lazy to read before mindlessly repeating a previously-made suggestion.

I don't, so I won't.

UBERhelp1

Here are the things I'd want to see, some are easier to implement than others:
  • Im not sure if you can do anything about this, but can the table feature allow the user to change the size of columns? It is extremely painful to do anything with the table feature, to the point where I've started taking screenshots of tables I make elsewhere because I know that if I make on on this forum, it will be completely messed up.
  • The ability to upload images in conversations (currently it must be a link, so I end up having to upload the image to an external site, get the link from that, and paste it into the conversation).
  • More forum ranks (it would just be fun)
  • I know on the beta forum there is a feature that let's you add multiple messages to a quote, and that can be helpful when responding to multiple people or consolidating responses.
  • An update/change to the text color picker. For example, an rgb color field. Additionally, when you highlight text it would be nice if you could see what the rbg value that it is. Currently, you either have to memorize the rgb value or use an external site to scrape the color if you want to make multile sections of text the same color.
  • The ability to set the text size to the default size without clearing all formatting.

DeletedUser34893

What frustrates me is the lack of tact some well known members use to belittle a new member looking for information possibly turning them off from becoming long time players/users/consumers.
It seems the biggest issue the well known members have is that the new member didn't use the search function first to find an answer, advice or direction.
Maybe a larger search box at the top of forums listings with a message to look for information before posting would be beneficial. Currently the search function is off to the top right hand corner with no mention of how useful a search may return results someone is looking for.
Also, it would be nice if Article 12 of the Terms and rules were enforced. I fail to see how insulting comments and replies are beneficial to anyone.

Graviton

Maybe a template for Proposals; a form that's filled out with relevant information.
Building upon previous suggestions: lock threads that are moved to the "Closed/Archived" area of the Proposals section; and add a "Closed/Archived" section to the Forge Hall section.
A character limit on Signatures.

The ability to upload images in conversations (currently it must be a link, so I end up having to upload the image to an external site, get the link from that, and paste it into the conversation).

You can already attach images directly, doesn't have to be a link. I have posted many pics from my PC. There might be a size restriction, I'm not sure.

Super Catanian

A character limit on Signatures.
I believe that already exists. I think @Captain Christian discovered it, but I'm not sure how long it is.

You can already attach images directly, doesn't have to be a link. I have posted many pics from my PC. There might be a size restriction, I'm not sure.
The size restrictions for pics is 640x640 pixels or around that area. This allows me to post memes in threads, but I am unable to do it in private conversations unless I make the meme in a specific website and insert BB Code, which is not very convenient and not every site can do it. I also use a PC, a personal Chromebook, to be exact, but I believe it works better with Windows.

Algona

Possibly a new sub forum just below Announcements titled About the Forums. This subforum would include a lot of the stickied threads scattered around the other subforums including the hopefully revamped Guides Index. It could also contain a guide / suggestions / eitquette for new posters A link to or copy of the forum Rules. This could also be an area for the mods and Community Managers to post, discuss, or whatever they need to address the Forum Community.

Stickied threads should be reviewed regularly and updated as needed.

Forum Order: Announcements, About the Forums, Questions, Forge Hall, Guides, Proposals.

----------

A few years back some overenthusiastic mod started deleting and or moving very old threads around I think to the archived proposal sub forum. Please don;t do that any more! If there is some need to move old threads around, create an archive subforum in the appropriate forum, move them there and lock them. This is a treasure of history of the game that a few sicko pervs like me can enjoy,

----------

The Frequently Proposed Ideas thread should be maintained and labeled READ BEFORE POSTING.

In game mods should quit sending folk here to create Dnsl and Frequently Proposed Ideas and should include the mandate to read the READ BEFORE POSTING threads.

----------

The Guides Index is being updated, good job that, long overdue

Review all the Guides in the Guides forum. I'm not quite sure what can / should be done though. Maybe move to an archive Guides subforum?

Eliminate Pending Guides Subforum.

Create a Draft Guides subforum. When the author deems it ready move the Guide up to the Guides subforum.

Keep the Best Guides subforum but let's make it a Hall of Fame. Voting by the mods and posters much like voting on Proposals as to which Guides should be put there, Both current excellent Guides like UBERs and dontwannaname's Guides and some of the influential historic Guides could go there, as well as some of the Guides currently needing revamping in the Guides Index and now in Best Guides.

----------

Lock threads automatically after a set interval with no new posts (maybe a month?), so it isn't possible to necro long-dead threads from years ago.
Start by closing threads that should not get any reactions anymore. Lock threads that have not had a reaction in say two months.

While the occasional necro is a pain, it also gives the opportunity for newer posters to see older discussions. There is some entertainment, nostalgia and insight into the history of the game.

Just a thought. I know I'm swimming uphill here.

I guess I'm OK with older threads being locked, as long as the mods are willing to unlock upon reasonable request?

Also. some threads can be relevant although they can go a long time without posting. dontwannanames's and Glarg's Guides come to mind.

Agnyshastra

One thing I would really want to see here is that the different subforums in the "Worlds" section should be clubbed under one subforum in different sub-subforums. It would greatly reduce the amount of scrolling as well as make it more friendly to the eyes. Makes sense also, considering US has the most number of worlds.

Something like how DE has done it here (the red part is the worlds sub-forum).
1586114731635.png