• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ATTENTION TO ALL

Volodya

I read the forum by clicking New Posts. I'd like the ability to permanently exclude uninteresting (to me) threads from the New Posts results, maybe even entire sub-forums.

UBERhelp1

Not sure if this could be done, but it would be nice to see a window that pops up when you make a proposal that asks if you have read the stickied threads (with links to them of course). It could be a one-time pop-up that could help reduce the amount of repetitive proposals.

Additionally, there are a lot of outdated guides that I thing should receive a tag at the top that says it is outdated/not all information may be accurate. Something like:
Mod Note: This guide is outdated and some information may no longer be accurate.

Jern2017

1. Increasing the allowed size of an image would be nice. Whenever I post a a screenshot, I have to heavily crop it, or it won't upload.

2. It would be great to see the Proposals section changed in some way. Either a Proposal template a poster needs to fill out or a moderator would need to approve each thread. Or anything else to prevent other members to either berate or belittle the poster or spam that thread with one liners like "use the search function", "proposed a 100 times' etc.

People who take their time to notice the thread, open it and read it only to reply with a snarky one liner do not contribute anything useful to that thread. They spam it.

DreadfulCadillac

1. What is it specifically that you like about the EN forum?
2. DNSL was revamped just last year to conform to what all other servers were using. And the content originates with the developers, so it's not like we can dictate to them what they don't want to see.
This thread in front of each world forum, its a small thing but i like it:
Every world has a offical, pinned, "looking for friends" thread.its a really small thing, but i like it alot

Captain Christian

Typically there is not supposed to be forum proposals, but as this thread is about forum proposals, I have one.
Note: For ease of typing, P.C./R.S. signifies a players post count and reaction score.
Proposal
I propose a new ranking system, as seen in Visual Aids, which keeps in line with the Medieval theme of the game and displaces the faults of the Current System.

Current System (if applicable)
The current system is as follows:
  1. New Member
  2. Member
  3. Active Member
  4. Well-Known Member
The current Forum ranking system has a few errors, noticeably:
  1. "New Members" may have signed up two years ago, but if their P.C./R.S is too low, they are still classified as "new".
  2. "Active Members" may not have been on for two years, but they are still classified as "Active", just because their P.C./R.S. is right.
  3. "Well-Known Members" may not always be "Well-Known" just because their P.C./R.S. is high.

Abuse Prevention
There is no possible abuse that I can see.

Visual Aids
  1. New Member=Peasant
  2. Member=Merchant
  3. Active Member=Duke/Dutchess
  4. Well-Known Member=King/Queen
These ranks could be awarded based on Moderator or Community Manager Requirements, set as they wish.

Conclusion
That is my proposal, and hopefully we can get this cooler, more fun, system added in like en and zz forums have!

P.S.: And yes, Agent, I know this has been proposed multiple times before, I am merely restating it because now is the best time to do do.

Last edited:

Algona

1. New Member=Peasant- Assigned upon joining
  2. Member=Merchant- Assigned upon P.C. of >50 and R.S. of >10
  3. Active Member=Knight/Duke/Dutchess- Assigned upon P.C. of >400 or P.C. of >200 and R.S. of >100
  4. Well-Known Member=King/Queen- Assigned upon P.C. of >1,000 or R.S. of >650

Hell. no.

There is no reason to change the forum titles merely to change the names of forum titles.

But this is worse, this nomenclature implies an equivalency of nobility or higher social status based on the number of posts players have,

Folk get upset now at being called new member, think they will like being called peasant?

Nor do post spammers need the self aggrandizement of the title King / Queen.

And for all that is Holy, if you are going to use medieval rankings, what are you doing equating Knight and Duke?

DeletedUser

Typically there is not supposed to be forum proposals, but as this thread is about forum proposals, I have one.
Note: For ease of typing, P.C./R.S. signifies a players post count and reaction score.
Proposal
I propose a new ranking system, as seen in Visual Aids, which keeps in line with the Medieval theme of the game and displaces the faults of the Current System.

Current System (if applicable)
The current system is as follows:
  1. New Member
  2. Member
  3. Active Member
  4. Well-Known Member
The current Forum ranking system has a few errors, noticeably:
  1. "New Members" may have signed up two years ago, but if their P.C./R.S is too low, they are still classified as "new".
  2. "Active Members" may not have been on for two years, but they are still classified as "Active", just because their P.C./R.S. is right.
  3. "Well-Known Members" may not always be "Well-Known" just because their P.C./R.S. is high.

Abuse Prevention
There is no possible abuse that I can see.

Visual Aids
  1. New Member=Peasant- Assigned upon joining
  2. Member=Merchant- Assigned upon P.C. of >50 and R.S. of >10
  3. Active Member=Knight/Duke/Dutchess- Assigned upon P.C. of >400 or P.C. of >200 and R.S. of >100
  4. Well-Known Member=King/Queen- Assigned upon P.C. of >1,000 or R.S. of >650

Conclusion
That is my proposal, and hopefully we can get this cooler, more fun, system added in like en and zz forums have!

P.S.: And yes, Agent, I know this has been proposed multiple times before, I am merely restating it because now is the best time to do do.
So you propose changing the names, but not the method? That doesn't solve the problem you stated at all.

UBERhelp1

Medieval theme
The game is only medieval at the beginning of the game, most of the game is actually futuristic themed.

If you wanted to do something interesting, you could do almost rank achievements. Once you reach a certain threshold you can choose the rank in settings. Various monikers could be:
  • Highly Valued (high message amount and a high like/message ratio)
  • Loved by Many (high amount of likes)
  • Keeps Coming Back (high activity amount)
  • Conversationalist (has lots of conversations)
  • You can Quote me on That (Lots of people have quoted them)
  • Worldly (Has cities on many worlds)
  • Farmer/Fighter (Player can choose to show their preference)
  • Opinionated (Quotes a lot of players)
  • Can't Stop Talking! (Lots of messages)
  • Has Much to Say (Even more messages)
  • Follower (Follows a lot of people)
  • Followed (Followed by a lot of people)
  • Smash that Like Button (Liked a lot of posts)

Algona

UBER, Captain Christian, anyone else who wants to use the like system as part of poster titles.

Sorry but you are not thinking this through.

As it stands now the like system attaches almost no external factors to a reasonable feedback system. Folk like a post and for the most part just punch like while rarely considering any other factor.

Adding any external meaning though means folk will manipulate it. (You like my posts, I'll like yours, add in spamming a lot, we can both get cool ranks.) (Great post, but I'd sure hate for him to get a higher ranking then me, no like from me.) (How the hell did that poster get that title? While he's a goat, he sure ain;t The G.O.A.T.)

If we gotta have custom titles for posters, let the mod staff and .or CMs pick posters to receive them based on criteria they keep to themselves with the poster having veto power on any Custom Title they may be awarded.

Personally, i'd rather do without.

If we are gonna compete on the forums and we do!) then let our postings do the talking.

Super Catanian

My proposal for new forum ranks was almost similar to what was proposed by UBER, but mine was more simple.

Those who are (or were at one point) in the notable members list for most messages, likes, or trophy points, would receive Notable Member as a sort of upgraded form of Well-Known Member. The system is there already, the leaderboard is there.

DevaCat

Forum ranking? Errors? What makes you think the existing system is wrong, or that one bit of it is "right"? Let's not waste time on something of interest to a tiny fraction of the Forum population, but if you must, see if you can get a dispensation from the mods and make an official proposal. Which we can then shoot down. :)

Move the Proposals section down to the extreme bottom of the entire Forum. Already mentioned, but this alone might help. As it is now it is an invitation to every "Joined Today" yahoo to jump in with their great idea.

I like the idea of having a "have you read the stickied thread" pop up appear when starting to make a proposal.

Maybe limit when a proposal can be made, i.e. None on day one of joining, none first week, etc. Or request a "pre-proposal" be made in Forge Hall before a formal proposal can be made. Something. I personally don't like the idea of having a mod having to approve each proposal before presentation; not necessary, and could create issues itself.

Yes, the one-line and other responses to proposals can get salty at times but are in reality very very mild in comparison with the truly insulting comments I've observed elsewhere. A post above describes this as spam and characterizes it as somehow mistreating the proposer. I disagree. The spam is coming from entitled, selfish narcissists who cannot be bothered to read the stickies or abide by Forum guidelines before making their proposals. Over and over again. They deserve what they get. But hopefully we can come up with some ideas to reduce the frequency of these and mitigate the impression some may form that the Forum is toxic. Because most of it truly is not. <sorry, stepping off soapbox>

I too would like a Night Mode, and a change in color/contrast (this scheme reminds me of what I saw last time I changed a diaper) ;)