• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Auction Glitch

Perfectnarc

I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but I thought it would be good to address it to where the developers could fix a possible bug, I was bidding on an auction in the antiques dealer, and usually when you bid in the last 30 seconds, it resets the timer on the bid. The other bidder starting flooding the bid window, constantly upping their own bids. The major concern I have with this behavior is that it did not allow me to put in a bid because I was always lower than what the other person was putting in, but more importantly, them updating their bid did not reset the timer. The timer not resetting led to me not being able to get in a bid for the item while the timer ran out allowing them to win the item. While I don't care about the item, I am not sure that the auctions in the antique shop should work that way, as it prevents other players from making bids in the last little bit of time of the auction. I just question if this was intended or not.

Thank you in advance.

Ebeondi Asi

You can't 'solve' the problem by actually bidding higher? try bidding more than one over. Bid a thousand over. ten thousand over. Your problem is self made cheap. go big!

Last edited:

Perfectnarc

Thanks for the heads up Agent327. I wasn't sure since it was the first time I had ever encountered anything like it. I just wasn't sure if it was a known bug or glitch or something.

Agent327

Thanks for the heads up Agent327. I wasn't sure since it was the first time I had ever encountered anything like it. I just wasn't sure if it was a known bug or glitch or something.

It isn't a bug, it isn't a glitch, it is intended behaviour.

Pericles the Lion

I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but I thought it would be good to address it to where the developers could fix a possible bug, I was bidding on an auction in the antiques dealer, and usually when you bid in the last 30 seconds, it resets the timer on the bid. The other bidder starting flooding the bid window, constantly upping their own bids. The major concern I have with this behavior is that it did not allow me to put in a bid because I was always lower than what the other person was putting in, but more importantly, them updating their bid did not reset the timer. The timer not resetting led to me not being able to get in a bid for the item while the timer ran out allowing them to win the item. While I don't care about the item, I am not sure that the auctions in the antique shop should work that way, as it prevents other players from making bids in the last little bit of time of the auction. I just question if this was intended or not.

Thank you in advance.
As you experienced, it is an effective bidding strategy when bidding against players that want to bid only a few coins higher than the current bid. I'll do this every time I come up against a player that bids this way. As @Ebeondi Asi already said, the "cure" is to bid what you are actually willing to pay instead of trying to get an item on the cheap.

Sharmon the Impaler

It cuts the time as well when you bid what you would be willing to pay right off the bat . The ones that go up 1 coin at a time get shell shocked easy when you jump it up 40-50K coins and then you get your item and get to get on with life :)

Perfectnarc

I guess I haven't run into it before because I don't have a bunch of antique coins yet, but thanks again for the information.