• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Auto battle vs manual battle

DeletedUser26834

it appears that using the auto battle feature will generate more battle points than when doing it manually....can someone confirm.... When doing manual I always use terrain bonus, I use battle bonus by correctly attacking with a unit that has an attack bonus....for example....use a ranged unit to attack a heavy since ranged then has an attack bonus, etc. but I noticed I was not generating as many points per battle as others on the colonial PnP tower. So I switched to auto battle and I now get more points per battle...BUT...it looks like the UI behaves very very differently when it plays itself. It seems that the UI is more forgiving, or is dumber???, when it defends itself against my army, even though the UI is playing for me.....

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated

DeletedUser26965

I don't see why auto would give more points, I always kind of figure it was based on the units your are fighting and how much damage you take but that's just guessing, never really paid attention to it. I haven't seen anything official on how it's calculated. New Ranking Calculations

wolfhoundtoo

Are you comparing the same type of troops that were being killed? Different troop types give you different points.

DeletedUser26834

I'm basing it on a comparison of averages....over 15 manual battles my points per battle was an average of 3000. when I switched over to auto I immediately got more point ps per battle....4000. I'll need to do. A more rigorous comparison and try to remove any differences between the two sets of battles ( manual vs auto)...

DeletedUser13838

Points are based on damage given less damage taken adjusted for happiness. So if you're receiving fewer points it's because
  1. difference in the enemy units defeated
  2. difference in the damage taken by your units
  3. difference in your happiness level (enthusiastic happy etc.)
You should be able to determine if it's due to 1 or 3 while if due to 2 then that means the AI is doing a better job than you. ;)

DeletedUser8152

I'm basing it on a comparison of averages....over 15 manual battles my points per battle was an average of 3000. when I switched over to auto I immediately got more point ps per battle....4000. I'll need to do. A more rigorous comparison and try to remove any differences between the two sets of battles ( manual vs auto)...
I guess that the AI is better at fighting than you?

Konrad's explanation is correct, the points awarded are completely determined by your performance in the battle (and your city's happiness).

DeletedUser26834

My folks are always enthusiastic, so I would have to agree that , yes, my units take more damage when I do it manually. Like I said above I try to take advantage of all terrain and attack bonus', BUT, when I attack I generally will attack an enemy unit until he falls....since wounded units can dish out less damage would it be better to attack enemy units in turn and in effect wound many of them instead of concentrating on a single unit till he dies????? I will try that, but please give input on this.

On a related topic, I noticed that in the colonial PnP tower one of the players literally jumped about 200,000 points in about 30-45 minutes....what gives....he may be better at fighting, I will grant that, but not that much better. Could participation in GvG give that many points.....since that is the only part of the game I don't yet play.

Thanks much for the insights

DeletedUser26834

Almost forgot....regarding Konrads mention of difference in units defeated....I do notice that if I defeat units from a lower era than mine I get less points than if I defeat more comparable units....I.e,....I can totally destroy middle age units but I generally don't get as many points....does that make sense???

Algona

On a related topic, I noticed that in the colonial PnP tower one of the players literally jumped about 200,000 points in about 30-45 minutes....what gives....he may be better at fighting, I will grant that, but not that much better. Could participation in GvG give that many points.....since that is the only part of the game I don't yet play.

Yes. In a half of hour of GvG you can fight dozens of times. Assuming the lag man doesn't get you.

wolfhoundtoo

It could also be GVG if he is doing a lot of fights in Colonial. Assuming he has a traz and plenty of rogues he could fight quite a lot there (and depending on his attack boosts and if he's hitting an NPC he might not have that many losses doing so).