• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Automatic Account Deletion Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Again - the described deletion process will only commence in a few weeks from now (no automatic deletions will take place before July 11th). We will inform you once again when we are nearing its activation.

If you have any questions, please let us know either via support ticket or right here.

Thank you,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser31825

you should also give the player the option to delete the city with 24 hours to change their mind - not 14 days

RazorbackPirate

If I put forge points on a great building and that account is being deleted will I get the forge points back

I hope not, because you should not.

On second thought, I guess if all the rewards you ever received from that GB, including any Arc boost that had been applied, are also removed from your account , then it would be like it never happened.

Of course, you would also lose any extra levels added to any of your GBs that were unlocked using one or more of the blueprints from those GBs. Obviously this would have to include the loss of any expansion pads that had been unlocked using any of the medals from those GBs. Unfortunately, without the expansion to support them, anything built on those lost expansions would also be removed, including any GBs that occupy one or more of the tiles.

So, you know what? I like this idea. I think it would be great if you got all those FPs back when an account gets deleted. I may have to make this a formal proposal.

Thanks for the idea Robertg591, I'm in full agreement with you.

+1 - Major yes from me.

DeletedUser27077

I hope not, because you should not.

On second thought, I guess if all the rewards you ever received from that GB, including any Arc boost that had been applied, are also removed from your account , then it would be like it never happened.

Of course, you would also lose any extra levels added to any of your GBs that were unlocked using one or more of the blueprints from those GBs. Obviously this would have to include the loss of any expansion pads that had been unlocked using any of the medals from those GBs. Unfortunately, without the expansion to support them, anything built on those lost expansions would also be removed, including any GBs that occupy one or more of the tiles.

So, you know what? I like this idea. I think it would be great if you got all those FPs back when an account gets deleted. I may have to make this a formal proposal.

Thanks for the idea Robertg591, I'm in full agreement with you.

+1 - Major yes from me.

Of course not ALL the FPs ever applied, only the ones you applied after the last level. There is no way of telling if you invest FPs in a GB if the owner doesn't stop playing tomorrow... a real brake for me to put FP on a GB, especially of lower level players

RazorbackPirate

I will try to make this clear. I put forge points on great building say level 4 was waiting for it to level account went dormant . Do I get the points that we’re not used for that level?
With GBs as with anything else in life, I think the standard disclaimer applies.

All investments, are speculative in nature and involve substantial risk of loss. ... All investors are advised to fully understand all risks associated with any kind of investing they choose to do. Hypothetical or simulated performance is not indicative of future results.

And so it goes ...

centaurgod

A couple of things....

1) After the initial round of deletions, which I assume will be a rather large number of accounts, will you be deleting accounts on some type of schedule?
i.e. Once a day - at midnight (GMT)
once a week (every Monday??)
once a month (1'st day of the calendar month)
only when game updates/patches are applied (varies)

2) After an account is removed, will that player automatically (next game reload), come off my guild members list, my neighbors list, and /or my friends list wherever they might be?

3) Would it be possible to get a swag count by world how many accounts will be deleted during the first round? And maybe how many are left? I'm thinking of starting on a new world and it might influence my decision.

DeletedUser33179

I will try to make this clear. I put forge points on great building say level 4 was waiting for it to level account went dormant . Do I get the points that we’re not used for that level?

Currently, we don't get our forge point donations back if someone manually deletes their city (which can be done from the "settings" menu) or even if the city is active for years but the player never levels the building. So, I very highly doubt we'll get fp's back if Inno automatically deletes the city.

DeletedUser31882

With GBs as with anything else in life, I think the standard disclaimer applies.

All investments, are speculative in nature and involve substantial risk of loss. ... All investors are advised to fully understand all risks associated with any kind of investing they choose to do. Hypothetical or simulated performance is not indicative of future results.

And so it goes ...

While I agree with the sentiment, Inno has regulatory, if not god-like, power over how the FoE universe works. Ergo, If they deem it fit to refund FP placed on Deleted GBs, will you then take said refunded FP and throw them away for your ideological stance? Would it be better if it was only a partial refund of FP?

Regardless, @Robertg591 & affiliates, I believe the current model for banned/deleted players is no FP return from their GBs. I assume this model will continue with the deletion of old/inactive accounts. Gird yourselves accordingly. [Also see Clara Osgood's post, since they made the same point before I.]

i'm on all the time but only go to the forum every few months. will i be deleted.

From my reading of the changes: As long as you are tstar99 in game, then you have nothing to fear. Especially if your definition of 'every few months' is in the 2-5 range and not the 9-13 range.

On Topic Question:

If a Forum account is deleted, will all their posts/replies also be removed? Or just their ability to login?

DeletedUser5720

I have a huge number of fp's that had been placed on numerous gb's of one player in our guild at the time..that player simply disappeared more than a year and a half ago. I would like to see FoE return those gb's...I am sure I am not the only person that this would apply to....and would think it would serve to enhance FoE's view with it's many ACTIVE players...