• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Automatic Account Deletion Feedback

Mackay131

If this is being done for performance reasons there is plenty of low hanging fruit to be picked to reduce the number of Mouse clicks. Two that come to mind is History and GBs which are access nested and might easily be put in the top bar.

If it is to do with data, then sending the person a bunch of code that can be used to "revive" their city at a later date might be a workaround to prevent the city and the "investment" being lost?

Agent327

If this is being done for performance reasons there is plenty of low hanging fruit to be picked to reduce the number of Mouse clicks. Two that come to mind is History and GBs which are access nested and might easily be put in the top bar.

If it is to do with data, then sending the person a bunch of code that can be used to "revive" their city at a later date might be a workaround to prevent the city and the "investment" being lost?

So you didn't read why it is done?

Mackay131

If half the code is stored and the other half is given to the player and neither works without the other, will that satisfy the data protection storage issue?

Mackay131

Again - the described deletion process will only commence in a few weeks from now (no automatic deletions will take place before July 11th). We will inform you once again when we are nearing its activation.

Does that mean there are a bundle of players ready to use for deletion on 11 July?

DeletedUser35626

I literally do not agree with gamer account deletions just because they have been inactive for a long time. Hell I have not played wartune or league of angels in a few years and R2 games does not delete a gamers account just because they are inactive and have not played any of these games for a long time unlike you guys do from innogames. Maybe you should announce this on the google play app store and your youtube channel and facebook innogames. And not just in the game just be fair balanced here for the record with my opinion on this matter. Hell i use my facebook account alot of times playing this game through something called mistplay it is a reward app by the way where you can get free gift cards just for playing games. i just hope that my facebook account from facebook does not get touched next month. (Side note this opinion that was stated here clearly was meant to express and represents how some gamers like me feel about this subject)

RazorbackPirate

How exactly is the guild entitled to all this stuff?

Guilds are the nearest analog to Family in FoE, in the same congruency, that there were Family Alliances in Evony.

The Guild provided nurturing caring and FPs for the Players' City, thus it is a reasonable expect that those who knew them well share after the Player Leaves.

While guilds may be the closest analogy to family in FoE, similar in some ways to Family Alliances in Evony, in FoE guilds are not family and this is not Evony. So while close, this is not that. Unless Evony already redistributes purchased items to the Family Alliances when a player abandons the game, there is not even a precedence for what your asking.

Remember, these are players with ZERO activity in the last 12 months, not even a single log in. So, these players abandoned the guild long ago. Given the hit to the Guild treasury in goods for GE each week and the hit in performance in the weekly GE guild competitions, I would also think any guild, even a poorly run one, would have kicked said inactive player out of the guild well before their inactivity ever reached 12 months. It's also pretty common for players to switch guilds multiple times, guild surf for BPs and coins, or never join a guild at all. What then?

Per your proposal, the items in question, the player purchased with diamonds purchased with real money. Having never bought diamonds, I don't know for sure, but since is not the first, or last time Inno has deleted cities or player accounts for inactivity, which have included money for diamond purchases, I suspect their TOS give them the right "destroy value". I also doubt these terms of service gives them and right to first strip that player of all of all those diamond for money purchases and redistribute them to other players within the game. Now that would be a basis for a lawsuit.

While it's a shame that all those SoK's, Cherry Garden Sets, Maharaja Places, and Elephant Gardens will simply be gone, I find your whole idea of picking the carcass clean before they bury it a bit distasteful. Buy your own stuff.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

It's been made pretty clear that this is not being done for performance reasons, although I do hope this speeds up performance. Given the level of interconnectivity between so many areas of the game, I can't help but think deleting cities no longer in use will help. It's the city interconnectivity issues that are the biggest source of lag when I play. Something as simple as hitting the Aid button accesses the other player's city, scans the items for what to Mo/Po and returns enough information back to your city to generate a blueprint of the same age as the item that got the Mo/Po. Even if none of that improves, I'll be happy to see all those GBs I've tagged finally start to disappear from the list in Town Hall.

As to your second point, why? Who cares? I don't quite get the overwrought concern for people we don't know who left the game of their own volition. You're not affected by this policy change. You don't even have a dog in this fight.

Inno stated very clearly in the policy announcement, they will attempt to reach every player affected using the email address they have on file. I'm sure that email will include something to the effect that if they want Inno to retain their city, all they need to do is login to remove it from the deletion list. Then 12 months later, when it's scheduled for deletion again. They'll get the same email with the same instructions. That's all Inno owes to anyone. If the player fails to login, then they obviously didn't care and were fine with the deletion. If the email address is no longer working? They did their best and have no further obligation.

They've made it as easy as possible to avoid deletion. If a player can't muster up a couple of mouse clicks every 12 months to save something of value to them, that's on them. I see no reason why we should suddenly be bent out of shape on their behalf.

Last edited:

rambonnator

Instead of returning the forge points invested on a GB in a city that is about to be deleted, how about a warning to the investors so that they can level the GB and claim their rewards before the deletion takes place.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Instead of returning the forge points invested on a GB in a city that is about to be deleted, how about a warning to the investors so that they can level the GB and claim their rewards before the deletion takes place.

Since you're able to see every GB you still have FPs on from the list in Town Hall, why don't you start doing it now? You know the GBs that haven't moved in forever (at least I do). Go visit those cities for a few days to see if there's any activity. When animations are turned on, it's pretty easy to see that nothing's happening. While you're there, look at the tavern to see if it's filled to capacity. Do this for 2 or 3 days and if nothing changes, send them a message asking if they still play? After 3 more days, when you've gotten no response, contact all the other players who've given donations to see if they're interested in flipping the GB for the rewards.

Since about 90% of the GBs in question will require more additional FPs added to flip than anyone will get as FP rewards when it does, almost to a person, they will decline. The only alternative at that point would be to solicit a few Level 80 Arc people to see if they can make a profit by flipping it. Beyond that, just get over it.

You have until July 11th until the first deletions occur, so you might want to get right on that. If that's just too much work, those FPs are really not that important to you, are they?

Not only is there no reason for Inno to notify you, in all likelihood given privacy restrictions, it's illegal, if not just unethical. To me, giving anyone any information about a possible account deletion other than the account holder themselves (the only one who needs to know) is crossing an ethical boundary.

Last edited:

Mackay131

How about Inno flips the GB of the about to depart Player at no cost to those who have FPs onboard? My 2c worth!

RazorbackPirate

How about Inno flips the GB of the about to depart Player at no cost to those who have FPs onboard? My 2c worth!

Why can't you flip it? I flipped one yesterday. It's not the first, and it won't be the last.

Granted, it was one of the rare times that the math worked. A GB I was on has been sitting for about 3 weeks just 7 FPs away from leveling. I followed the process I outlined above. Checked out the city for a few days, no activity, sent a message, no response. Another player and I were locked into 1st and 2nd with rewards that gave us both about the same FPs in profit. I messaged the other player, explained the deal, and said I'd put in half, if he'd put in half. We'd both lose a few of the FP profits, but we'd still come out ahead. He agreed, we added, we flipped it, and got our rewards. We each made 4 FPs in profit, but more importantly we both got back our initial donations.

The reason the math worked is because we were locked into 1st and 2nd. The key word here? Locked. I hate to be the voice of reason here, but the reality is if you're not locked, it's not your reward. Your name might currently show in a reward spot, but if someone can add enough FPs to push you off that spot, it's not your reward. I see no reason why Inno should level GBs and give players rewards they haven't earned.

Yes, I agree. It sucks to lose FPs on a GB under any circumstance. It's worse when the GB just dies and you can't do anything about it. I've got 4 pages of them right now in Town Hall. Do I wish there was a way to get those FPs back? Absolutely. Would I refuse them if Inno changed the game so I could get them back? Not a chance.

I've just accepted the fact that when I donate to a GB, I'll never get those FPs back. I lost those FPs the moment I donated them, deleted or not, it's all the same. I'm never getting them back, and if I haven't locked there's no rewards to get. If there were, the math would work, and I'd level it. Just like I did yesterday.

Freshmeboy

I already flipped most of mine...four pages worth. Just because I figured they would languish there unto eternity...didn't make a profit either and my sole intention was to rid myself of dead GBs on my menu..Damn, if I had known, I wouldn't have spent the fps...Glad to know INNO will take care of the rest...Who wants a dead level 10 Zues on their list with 10 fps...half of which are yours...?

RazorbackPirate

I already flipped most of mine...four pages worth. Just because I figured they would languish there unto eternity...didn't make a profit either and my sole intention was to rid myself of dead GBs on my menu..Damn, if I had known, I wouldn't have spent the fps...Glad to know INNO will take care of the rest...Who wants a dead level 10 Zues on their list with 10 fps...half of which are yours...?

I'm nowhere near that committed to to getting them off my list. While I will take a net loss, I've never done that. If I lose more leveling than not leveling, forget it. I'll only do if leveling loses me less. My biggest hope in all of this is that some of those GBs start to disappear off my list.

DeletedUser12620

Read the fine print lol...
  • We will begin automatically deleting accounts that did not log into the game or the forum for at least 12 months.
Z is not even a year old so those gbs will stick for awhile.

plinker2

Listen. If you have been active at all in the last 12 months, whats the problem? Don't panic until you have to. If you have a friend that plays, email them and have them to stop by and play for a day or two..

DeletedUser35675

Again - the described deletion process will only commence in a few weeks from now (no automatic deletions will take place before July 11th). We will inform you once again when we are nearing its activation.

If you have any questions, please let us know either via support ticket or right here.

Thank you,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser35675

If a leader of your guild is one of the accounts deleted, will the entire guild be deleted, forcing the members to have to find another guild?

DeletedUser26293

So, just to be clear, if I have multiple cities across several servers and only actively play one of those cities, I will still have the other cities, as long as i do not become absent for more than 12 months?

I am curious about this also, as in the past month I've had a terrible time with internet and (for some stupid reason) flash. Though I've had flash as long as I've had computer, last month FoE decided I needed to dl it again. Did this several times, enabled it in the browser extensions,,, blah blah blah,,,but still for over a month could not log in or play. ..... so, tho I have 5 worlds open, i am currently only active in one of them.... Will you delete the other non-active cities from players still active in one?

Agent327

If a leader of your guild is one of the accounts deleted, will the entire guild be deleted, forcing the members to have to find another guild?

No. You just lose a leader.

I am curious about this also, as in the past month I've had a terrible time with internet and (for some stupid reason) flash. Though I've had flash as long as I've had computer, last month FoE decided I needed to dl it again. Did this several times, enabled it in the browser extensions,,, blah blah blah,,,but still for over a month could not log in or play. ..... so, tho I have 5 worlds open, i am currently only active in one of them.... Will you delete the other non-active cities from players still active in one?

This isn't about cities, but about accounts. Your account gets deleted if you do not log in for 12 months. Your cities still get deleted according to the old rules.