• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DeletedUser

Since we now have a Santa Claus, a snowman, a Bob Marley and a few new Avatars. Would it be possible to get a GOAT avatar?

I goatly thing its unfair to barn yard animals that we are not represented with an avatar.

Something that shows off our intellect and sex appeal like:

Sincerly,

BEdaGOAT

DeletedUser

OOOOHH good idea. I want an Argonaut Avatar. (Need to find one first though)

Maybe I'll start a new guild, JSON and the Argonauts. All victims of JSON Gateway qualify to join.

DeletedUser2145

Moved this to the Tavern section, since it's not suitable for the Proposals one.

DeletedUser

haha so making custom additional custom avatars like Santa, a snowman, Bob Marley and Elvis is not a proposal? *shrug* would fixing the json error qualify as a proposal? lmao

DeletedUser2145

33167105.jpg
Sorry I could not share a video version of it, I could not find that reply on its own.

DeletedUser

lol .. ahh ... come on ... Least you acknowledged it was a problem and weren't trying to blame it on my computer or internet connection like some of the forum managers.

Was just having a bit of fun. I'll just print out a little picture of a goat and tape it to my screen, but you'll need to advise all players that they need to do that too, so when they visit me to m/p they have the correct avatar for me.

DeletedUser2145

I'd be all for custom avatars if it didn't put more pressure on the game's loading --- a bit more loading time and I might have to use an angry monkey image rather than a goat's one. But, I think it'd be bad for your empire's reputation if people knew it's being operated by a goat. ;)

DeletedUser2785

But, I think it'd be bad for your empire's reputation if people knew it's being operated by a goat. ;)

I suppose this would be an appropriate time to insert a snide comment about our current administration here in the States. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4844

Hmmm....what if we could put in custom avatars that would only appear for us, kind of like setting specific ring tones for individuals on your phone. You can make yourself into a goat, or a laser monkey. You can make someone who keeps plundering you into a pile of *. Whatever you like, but it only appears on your computer. The client remembers which files are being used for which people using cookies on your computer, and if the file isn't there or is in the wrong format or there is no assignment for a given payer then it continues using the image the game shows now.

The client code gets a little more complicated, and you have to have some kind of interface in the client where you can assign new images, but it shouldn't change anything on the sever or database end of things. Those who find this client slowdown problematic don't have to use any custom images.