• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aztecs feedback

Dryke

Really not liking the minigame. I loved minesweeper and I think the idea is brilliant but the execution is flawed. Too few turns, too easy to get very little goods since every attempt you make costs one of those turns, and ten diamonds per extra turn is a bit silly, again given that the absolute best result you can get for those ten diamonds is ONE good should you manage to click on the right square. And, of course, it could be ten diamonds for nothing at all.

ODragon

Since this is essentially reverse mine sweeper, is there a way to flag spots you know will not have a good?

Kesto11

Grinding through this colonoscopy of a settlement makes you want to rip out your own beating heart, so I guess that's a +1 for being somewhat historical if you are into that kind of thing.

I thought I might get lucky while playing Minesweeper, but unfortunately clicking on a mine did not blow up my settlement entirely like I hoped, so the village is still there taunting me.

The positive part of this is the Sun Temple is very good, at least for now. In the four years it takes to achieve the max building, it may be obsolete by then, just like whoever is President. I am not tempted at all to be speedy in this settlement, as this one combines the worst aspects of all of them. You don't know what tortuous aspect will be the first to destroy your will to live, just like a crucifixion.

After teaching the Vikings to trade instead of kill everyone, helping the Japanese recover after the devastating impacts of the Atomic Bombs, and leading the Israelites out of Egyptian slavery, I was hoping the goal for Aztecs would be to administer a Smallpox vaccine. But nope, we're mindlessly building some soon-to-be uninhabited villages.

missionMom

The economics of the Aztec settlement spoil any enjoyment from the settlement. Specifically, requiring 1000 cocoa beans to produce 5 vegetables, with these beans only being produced by residences or the daily pyramid output makes the game extremely tedious. Typical requirements for a new technology might call for 66 vegetables, requiring 14000 beans to produce. The highest output residence is the pipiltin palace, with a daily output of 1793 beans, so it takes 8 days of output from that building to get enough beans for the technology. What were the designers at Inno thinking?

Am I the only one who thinks the Diplomacy requirements for this settlement are just way wack? I have to tear down nearly everything after I get the goods, and pack my shrines (no roads) together and fill every last space with a diplomacy structure and still spend some diamonds to get to the next unlock. Then I have to tear all that down and rebuild goods makers again. Is that the way it was DESIGNED to "work"?

Also the minigame has so little influence on the progress of the settlement that it hardly seems worth doing. Getting 3-6 of each good a day is pretty underwhelming. If there was a chance at a 4x bonus that might make it more interesting.

So, I love the look of it, but so far (I'm about half-way through) I'm not too thrilled with the gameplay.

RazorbackPirate

Am I the only one who thinks the Diplomacy requirements for this settlement are just way wack? I have to tear down nearly everything after I get the goods, and pack my shrines (no roads) together and fill every last space with a diplomacy structure and still spend some diamonds to get to the next unlock. Then I have to tear all that down and rebuild goods makers again. Is that the way it was DESIGNED to "work"?

Also the minigame has so little influence on the progress of the settlement that it hardly seems worth doing. Getting 3-6 of each good a day is pretty underwhelming. If there was a chance at a 4x bonus that might make it more interesting.

So, I love the look of it, but so far (I'm about half-way through) I'm not too thrilled with the gameplay.
I can't say that it was designed that way, but I will say you've chosen to play it that way. You seem to have chosen to play through consistently 1-2 expansions shy of what is needed to support the diplomacy needed at your level of progress through the questline. Buy more expansions until you can support, or nearly support, the diplomacy needed for the next unlock.

Lord Pest

Texcotzingo. Just finished my first Aztec Settlement with 5 days left. Didn’t need to spend diamonds, didn’t need to stay up all night. After I unlocked the texcotzingo I needed 550 goods to unlock the remaining 3 buildings. I wiped the map and put up as many texcotzingo buildings and temples and produced 110,000 cultural goods. That was enough to produce the 550 goods I needed. The 110,000 cultural goods took a day and a half to produce. When that was done I switched to goods building and made enough to unlock the last 3 buildings.

The mini game... it’s free to play. Doesn’t need goods or troops. What you want to do it hit a tile that isn’t a reward tile or doesn’t touch a reward tile or touch a tile that touches a reward. Hit a tile that only touches tiles that would have a zero on it. That opens up a large board area where you’ll have several easy rewards to grab.

victorvip

Too many impediments. Too high a goods requirement to progress. Takes too long to get appropriate of goods. Too many opportunities to spend precious diamonds or is that the intended goal? No hope of finishing in the allotted time. Truly disappointed with it. Will not be playing again just like the useless Egyptian game.

victorvip

First of all, this settlement looks more like a Mayan settlement than Aztec, specially the building design, would be nice you would correct this, the fact that Inno is adding the impediment again to this settlement is making it less desirable to play for me, not only is time consuming but the limited amount of tools to remove them, why not make it like the Viking or the Japanese? it would certainly make it more enjoyable for everyone, more than likely I will not even start this settlement for the above stated reasons, just too time consuming on top of the dreaded inpediments, time for Inno to go back to the design desk and think this one through.
totally agree. Too many impediments not enough tools. dont want to spend diamonds.

Vger

I don't suppose there is any chance we can get rid of the really annoying 'Under construction' wart is there? :
1606530016419.png

They get really annoying when you're trying to plant a field full of sculptures that you're just going to just tear down 2 minutes later:

1606530173048.png

Maybe just change the build time from 30S to 1M like the other settlements? I think that would be way less annoying.