• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aztecs feedback

Kesto11

I don't suppose there is any chance we can get rid of the really annoying 'Under construction' wart is there? :

They get really annoying when you're trying to plant a field full of sculptures that you're just going to just tear down 2 minutes later:

Better yet, make a function where we can drag a bunch at a time like roads without the horrendous under construction eyesore. I'd prefer not to feel like I am receiving a lobotomy while fulfilling those annoying diplomacy requirements.

Joeyjojojo

Ok I'm on my 3rd playthrough (gold first 2), and my feedback is: meh. Most of this has been mentioned but...

The mini-game is ok, though I think having only 1 spare click is a bit obnoxious, especially since the rewards won't ever get the 4x, which means this gets more useless as you get to later levels and the time constraint is tighter. This could be ameliorated by having the reset timer go down or by increasing the size and # goods available through the mini-game in later settlements.

Until you get Texcotzingo unlocked cocoa beans are a bigger pain than the equivalent in the Vikings, which is exacerbated by charging for roads. It doesn't seem well balanced. Having to think about how many beans you're going to get back to decide if an extra road or two is worth it is not the fun kind of math.

Impediments/removal tool - at first glance it seems like Egypt and it's not a problem there at all, and in both cases you have to pay for roads, but because the beans are so tight here, buying extra roads is not as easy as Egypt, so working around impediments (which frequently means more roads) is more difficult.

1 hr to build the first shrine, and 30 s for initial house & deco is odd. I guess 30 s is better than 1 min but I don't get it, especially since it feels like a trade off for the much worse 1 hr build time for the shrine when cocoa beans are already too hard to come by early on.

13 runs to finish is better than Vikings (15) but worse than Egypt (10) or even Japan (also 13 but quicker and much less fussy)

So far it has all worked out well enough, but it feels like they took the worst aspects of the others to pile into this one, and so it is less fun than the other settlements. This may have been balanced by having the best overall reward(s) but the main reward is worse than Vikings (mostly because it's 33% bigger), and the secondary is worse than Egypt (my opinion, but the def boost to attacking army trumps the extra FP and goods). Mind you, better rewards still wouldn't have made this fun.

I've finished all the others and I will this too, but I'm not going to kill myself to get all gold, and I'll go back to Egypt for a low stress settlement with a better secondary building after I'm done (at least until another is released).

Ckirk

I love the graphics in the Aztec settlement. Fantastic "light" as if it was a sunny afternoon after the rain. It almost makes me happy :)

Attachments

• Skærmbillede (15).png
    Skærmbillede (15).png
    886.9 KB · Views: 6

Ckirk

Better yet, make a function where we can drag a bunch at a time like roads without the horrendous under construction eyesore. I'd prefer not to feel like I am receiving a lobotomy while fulfilling those annoying diplomacy requirements.
Good idea !!

Ckirk

I don't suppose there is any chance we can get rid of the really annoying 'Under construction' wart is there? :
View attachment 17504

They get really annoying when you're trying to plant a field full of sculptures that you're just going to just tear down 2 minutes later:

View attachment 17505

Maybe just change the build time from 30S to 1M like the other settlements? I think that would be way less annoying.
A trick is to start at the lower right and work upwards to the left. That should leave the wart behind you.

totally agree. Too many impediments not enough tools. dont want to spend diamonds.
Totally agree. I‘ve got three more rounds to do before I finish the entire settlement and it’s BORING and really like the torture of Viking. I don’t know if I’ll even finish it and out the building in my town. It’s really, really, tiresome

Too many impediments. Too high a goods requirement to progress. Takes too long to get appropriate of goods. Too many opportunities to spend precious diamonds or is that the intended goal? No hope of finishing in the allotted time. Truly disappointed with it. Will not be playing again just like the useless Egyptian game.
At least i finished Egypt bec if you learn that you don’t need alot of goods, just loot, it goes much faster. But playing this idiot minesweeper game every 24 hrs for useless number of goods, it’s really torture. it is my absolutely a torture

Lord Pest

At least i finished Egypt bec if you learn that you don’t need alot of goods, just loot, it goes much faster. But playing this idiot minesweeper game every 24 hrs for useless number of goods, it’s really torture. it is my absolutely a torture

oh, I disagree... the minesweeper game is free for one thing. I found the goods won very useful in opening tiles early which help you speed up the game. I’ll give you a hint on the minesweeper game... the corner squares have the highest % chance of opening up the map.

Joeyjojojo

oh, I disagree... the minesweeper game is free for one thing. I found the goods won very useful in opening tiles early which help you speed up the game. I’ll give you a hint on the minesweeper game... the corner squares have the highest % chance of opening up the map.
It's free, but there's no chance at 4x so it's really not nearly as helpful in later runs compared with Japan and Egypt. This is the only settlement I am not going to complete in all gold times--in part because I don't care as much about the secondary building, but also because I'd need to kill myself with short productions on cocoa to make sure I got enough to produce as many goods as quickly as possible. IMO this settlement is worse than Vikings--both in terms of doing it and in terms of the main reward.

Lord Pest

It's free, but there's no chance at 4x so it's really not nearly as helpful in later runs compared with Japan and Egypt. This is the only settlement I am not going to complete in all gold times--in part because I don't care as much about the secondary building, but also because I'd need to kill myself with short productions on cocoa to make sure I got enough to produce as many goods as quickly as possible. IMO this settlement is worse than Vikings--both in terms of doing it and in terms of the main reward.

I finished Aztecs and i missed the gold reward 2 times toward the end. We differ where I found the minesweeper game very helpful throughout the game. In the beginning it helps you unlock expansion squares using goods won in minesweeper that you have not yet researched. At the very end doing the last quest it can save you time collecting 20 of each good.

I’m now back on Egypt to earn more ancient obelisks. It’s the best secondary settlement reward to anyone interested in improving their fighting bonus.