Badge for Winning the Hood Tower(s)

DeletedUser13736

Proposal
Achievement for winning the neighborhood tower.

Current System
The current system recognizes victories, losses, plunders, defenses, GE fought, and provinces controlled. But there is no love for winning the battle tower.

Details
Incorporating this achievement would improve achievements by allowing you to show off your prowess and tenacity in battle. Also, when you hover over the badge, it shows you the age in which you won the last tower and number of towers you have won. If you are involved in multiple towers and win on more than two ages, the highest age won will be the default.

The bronze badge would be for winning 10 towers.

The silver badge would be for winning 100 towers

The gold badge would be for winning 500 towers.

The platinum badge would be for winning 2,000

Getting the highest badge would take at least 2,000 towers won, that is appropriate for two reasons:
One, it further shows the dedication it takes to achieve this badge, a badge worth showing off.
Two, the other battle achievements are not easy to obtain at the gold level and this will keep within the status quo.

Now, you may think this is unnecessary because we already have access to the Victory! achievement. That is not the case though because, while the amount of battles won does have an impact on the tower, I have won many towers with less battles than the players behind me. The new achievement is needed because it shows that you have won battles that are challenging instead of just 2 spear fighters.

Abuse Prevention
Dropping provinces and sieging them just to lose is a common way of players inflating their Battle Points and score. This is not the place to determine whether or not this practice should be allowed, but it is a mechanic that INNO most likely knows about and may or may not fix somehow in the future. The best prevention I recommend (short of exploiting this method) is to fight all hoodies and GE attempts. With any luck the hoods will refresh in a week or two and the path to the top will be slightly easier.
Bottom Line: It’s just another award; if you don’t want it, you don’t have to show it on your profile.

Visual Aids
Visual Aid for Towers.png
This image was made by Titris Thrawns

Conclusion
This is just an idea to help recognize someone's dedication to the game. It takes a week to earn a battle tower, now along with medals they have an achievement to show for it.

The name I recommend: Gladiator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen Longshanks

So if you win 2 or more towers in a particular week, would they all count towards this, or just the highest one?

qaccy

I don't see why not! It seems like it would fit right in with the rest of the battle achievements. Actually kind of weird, now that you point it out, that there hasn't already been one for winning the towers.

This proposal's going to get a lot of 'no' comments from people not because it's a bad idea, but because they dislike the achievement system in general.

DeletedUser13736

So if you win 2 or more towers in a particular week, would they all count towards this, or just the highest one?
All of them would count towards the grand total, but only the highest age won would be shown when you hover over the achievement.

@qaccy Perhaps they will, but we can hope they don't. Also is your username pronounced like "Casey" with a hard A, or something else?

DeletedUser31592

I vote no because it would be another stupid badge pop-up. I detest them.
If you can get Inno to allow us to disable them, I will change my vote to yes, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6892

I don't really pay attention to the badge feature of the game but I vote yes. Should be easy and quick for developers to implement. Seems like something that should already have a badge does it not?

Falconwing

Proposal

The platinum badge would be for winning 2,000

Getting the highest badge would take at least 2,000 towers won, that is appropriate for two reasons:
One, it further shows the dedication it takes to achieve this badge
Dedication is right. Even if you won five Towers a week, it would take you over seven years to win that badge. And I don't see how anyone could participate in and win in more than five ages, especially on a consistent basis.

Ta 152H

I vote no. I don't care a lick about badges, and consider them a nuisance and distraction.

Why people think they're impressing people with this stuff is confusing to me, but when you ask yourself if you're impressed, wouldn't you answer no? When you see someone with them displaying "proudly" in their city, don't you think "what a dork?". Maybe I'm assuming everyone thinks like I do, and we all know how easily wrong that can be. So maybe I'm way off.

But, it is how I feel, so no.

DeletedUser13736

Why people think they're impressing people with this stuff is confusing to me, but when you ask yourself if you're impressed, wouldn't you answer no? When you see someone with them displaying "proudly" in their city, don't you think "what a dork?". Maybe I'm assuming everyone thinks like I do, and we all know how easily wrong that can be. So maybe I'm way off.
The way I see it, badges are an efficient way to show a brief summary of the things you have done in FoE. Personally, I don't use them to impress people, but when I see someone with the platinum FP badge, I know that they either have a high ARC (and lots of FP packets) or are a FP to Goods trader. Either way, I assume that they may have an interest in GB swaps. Morale of the story: Badges may not appeal to everyone, but they can be a useful (if not niche) item.

Volodya

This is a perfectly logical proposal--I agree it's surprising Inno hasn't implemented it already without prompting--except badges meh bah humbug. (When badges were first introduced, one of my oldest and best in-game friends declared she would on principle attack and plunder anyone who displayed their "favorites" in their profile. Makes sense to me.)

I mildly oppose this (or any badge-proliferation!) but can be bribed with chocolate.

Ta 152H

Yes, I like this! But please make the badge pop up after every single tower you won, so you can receive a bunch of popups weekly!
The funny part is braeden doesn't realize you're being sarcastic, he gave you a like.

He probably thinks you're insane though, for loving pop-ups :p.