• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bakeries or no Bakeries (The Chain Pain)

Tarkkus

I would like to hear input on if you like or dislike the Bakeries. I find these chain buildings to be a hassle and added difficulty in reconstructing a city. because of that the bonus' should be higher. I cant wait to replace mine. No more chain buildings for me. (the exception here is the cherry garden)

Ironrooster

Interesting that you dislike the bakeries, but like the cherry garden. I go the other way and really like my 3 bakeries. The Cherry Garden set pieces I sell in the AD.

RazorbackPirate

I also like chain buildings. My last redesign, I was able to fill about 12 expansions with buildings needing only 5 road tiles. The bakeries are a set, not a chain, which I agree makes them a bit more challenging to place.

Ebeondi Asi

Being able to replace all those sets with nice simple one piece Event Buildings is my goal. I have some sets, but like the single item ones better.I dislike the Celtic the most.. Because it has to have roads on two sides.(I do not use the Cherry Garden, it first came out before I started to play. and I never got enough of the bits to place.)

Emberguard

*Set, not Chain. Chain doesn't change the individual buildings output based on neighbours

I'm fine with the bakery. Easy enough to fit in

qaccy

I looooove chain buildings, but sets are something I generally skip now. They're too complicated for my smooth brain to deal with! Chains can only be built one way, meaning I don't have to worry about optimizing anything. And they go great with the Blue Galaxy!

Lando6

I looooove chain buildings, but sets are something I generally skip now. They're too complicated for my smooth brain to deal with! Chains can only be built one way, meaning I don't have to worry about optimizing anything. And they go great with the Blue Galaxy!
I agree and disagree. In my opinion, sets are a tad easier to fit into a city plan, but chains can be a bit more tricky, because of their "one dimensional" growth but they also set up the potential for some serious road efficiency if done right. For instance, the winter train can only grow from the left, the terracotta vineyard can only grow on the bottom, and the Hippo is slightly different with its two directional growth. There is not "growth" with sets per se, but you can mix and match them to get the added benefits you want (i.e. Cherry Garden with two Sakura's to maximize attack). But with both chains and sets, its really up to the player of how much they want to grow or mix/match them. In regards to BG benefits, chains can be really awesome. Whenever the terracotta kits come back, I think I might load up on them and make it one whole side of my city, just like some make the train or the Hippo the bottom and cover it up except for one road.

DreadfulCadillac

Sets and chains are nice and enjoyable, and yes provide added challenge while redesigning your city. However, I enjoy them. Once you know what you are doing in city design/redesign, it isn't so bad to get them to fit. City design is like a puzzle, and it is a really fun one. Probably one of my favorite parts of the game.
Oh, and to add on to this. If you use sets/chains correctly and play them to their advantage, you can get way better efficiency for each road used compared to regular buildings. This holds particularly true for chain buildings/

qaccy

Whenever the terracotta kits come back, I think I might load up on them and make it one whole side of my city, just like some make the train or the Hippo the bottom and cover it up except for one road.
I've done this with two Winter Trains and one Hippodrome. They actually stretch across the middle of my city, as that's where the widest section of the grid is. All of them are the maximum length possible while still allowing a road through, and the collections are huge! This is why I love chain buildings. :D

Daniel The 4ger

As DreadfulCadillac said finding a way to fit things into your city is part of the game. It’s a puzzle that you have to find out the answer to. Finding the most efficient way to make your city is part of the fun.