Forwarded Banner/Title/Header for Threads

• Thread starter DeletedUser37569
  • Start date

DeletedUser37569

Proposal:
Type of a "BANNER" at the top of each thread that the thread Admins can add "Announcements" or "Reminders" or "Notes" or "Headlines" or whatever you want to call it, that will STICK at the top of every thread (separate for each thread)

Current System:
There is no such thing currently.

Details:
A Banner as shown in the image below (OF COURSE something much better than what i came up with lol).
This banner will be in every thread, whether its a guild thread or friends or even it can be on Individual message threads.
The purpose of it, whenever you have an Announcement or anything that you WANTED for all of your Guildies to see and not get buried in deep and where you have to dig to see, it can be something like GE announcement, or maybe each announcement related to the type of the Thread it is. Maybe i am not able to explain very well but i am pretty sure everyone can come up with a really good reason, as i believe it serves many purposes, specially that it STICKS and will always be visible to everyone.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, only thread admins can change or add the banner message.
and it Should have a limited amount of character or lines.

Abuse Prevention:
I do not believe there is any room for any type of abuse as it is the same thing as writing a simple message in any thread.

Visual Aids:

Conclusion:
I believe this will help all guild founders/co-founders/council members, and even individuals to organize there threads and send their IMPORTANT messages to everyone without that message getting buried and disappear all the way at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37569

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...reate-a-sticky-on-group-messages.21792/page-2
Sticky messages has been proposed, I guess this is different (?) Mostly in the wording though, this sounds like a sticky post inside a message to me.

Welcome to the forum. Don't let what's about to happen scare you off ;)
lol it won't scare me off, i can take criticism :D
i tried to find something similar, to be honest i didn't see that post.
but i do believe its a bit different, because only admins can do it. And the banner will be there whether there's a message/announcement or not in it.
Even though i did mention that this could be done for individual threads but it can be limited to Guild threads to prevent "Aid Me" abusers.
And also like i mentioned the banner message will have a limit of 3 lines (my suggestion) and a certain amount of characters which will limit the abuse of it also.
And one last thing that its different, from what i understood with the Sticky messages, you can sticky MULTIPLE messages, and there's room for more abuse of that advantage, whereas this one is only one for each thread with its limitation only AIMED for Guild Announcements and NOT personal gain.

Stephen Longshanks

I like the idea. It is very hard with mobile players to make sure they see information, since they can't access the guild forum.

DeletedUser26898

I like the Idea, so often the meaning of the thread or important information gets swept away by people commenting.........not sure if you want to even limit it to three lines.....but anything would help! :)

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
Oh - this is different. I love it! :D

Abuse Prevention: Each banner message will only appear once for each member. Otherwise if it appears everytime you open a thread it's going to get very tiring, very quickly. Also to prevent it from being missed it should only be dismiss-able if clicking on the banner

DeletedUser35880

Proposal:
Type of a "BANNER" at the top of each thread that the thread Admins can add "Announcements" or "Reminders" or "Notes" or "Headlines" or whatever you want to call it, that will STICK at the top of every thread (separate for each thread)

Current System:
There is no such thing currently.

Details:
A Banner as shown in the image below (OF COURSE something much better than what i came up with lol).
This banner will be in every thread, whether its a guild thread or friends or even it can be on Individual message threads.
The purpose of it, whenever you have an Announcement or anything that you WANTED for all of your Guildies to see and not get buried in deep and where you have to dig to see, it can be something like GE announcement, or maybe each announcement related to the type of the Thread it is. Maybe i am not able to explain very well but i am pretty sure everyone can come up with a really good reason, as i believe it serves many purposes, specially that it STICKS and will always be visible to everyone.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, only thread admins can change or add the banner message.
and it Should have a limited amount of character or lines.

Abuse Prevention:
I do not believe there is any room for any type of abuse as it is the same thing as writing a simple message in any thread.

Visual Aids:

Conclusion:
I believe this will help all guild founders/co-founders/council members, and even individuals to organize there threads and send their IMPORTANT messages to everyone without that message getting buried and disappear all the way at the top.

DeletedUser35880

I love the idea, Tr00per. many times I have posted something important for the rest of my Guild and because of the answers and comments the message has disappear. And, of course, I have to keep coming back to do the post again. Love the idea.

DeletedUser35880

I think you should read what really happen. We all like the idea.

DeletedUser32824

I like it. I would like the ability to X out of it after reading it though. If it were to be permanent I think it would get as much exposure just putting it in the main guild thread, that way my private messages to non-guildies aren't full of banner announcements.

UBERhelp1

Eh, I think it would be better if there was a pop-up notification, like the notification when an event starts. That would leave enough room for text and maybe even pictures, and everyone would see it.

DeletedUser37569

Eh, I think it would be better if there was a pop-up notification, like the notification when an event starts. That would leave enough room for text and maybe even pictures, and everyone would see it.
i do understand the part where you mean this could cover the whole conversation but i believe thats based on my visual "AMATEUR" picture that i created, im pretty sure the developers (IF THEY EVER Consider this) they would make the size in a way that it will not cover the whole thread and will be a lot of space for normal messages

DeletedUser37569

I think it would be helpful, it might be good to limit the amount of characters or to have the note expand when mouse over/tapped for longer notes so they don't take up too much space.
actually thats a really good idea, if it was one of those mouse hover over it and it will expand, that would even make it better