• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Baroque Garden - fitting the pieces together

DeletedUser27889

Most if not all of mine are sitting together in my inventory. Other than the announcements and unofficial Wiki stating they were 'baroque garden' I actually do not know how to differentiate between them and the other stuff.

Triopoly Champion

It looks the best to surround a bunch of Baroque Garden buildings around the Rain Forest Project GB. Place Royal Cascade on the west side of RFP, so the entrance faces the road and have another 2 buildings, 1 on the north, the other on the south, that's the layout I've chosen.

DeletedUser31592

I design my cities on efficiency, so they are no where near each other. Most are in inventory.

qaccy

I imagine most players on these forums are only going to place these buildings next to each other if Inno ends up going back and applying a set bonus to them now that there are enough buildings in the 'set' to do so. Players here tend not to care about aesthetics. It's just the mindset that comes with taking the time to create a forum account and post about the game, really.

Triopoly Champion

Players here tend not to care about aesthetics.
As long as a nice-looking layout won't delay me from getting a huge level 80 Arc, then I can take care both the efficiency and aesthetics although not the best for both. If I have a friend who's 7 months ahead of me owning a level 54 Arc, I know my current city layout won't fail me.
Forge of Empires - Colonial Fantasy 07-11-2018.jpg
Forge of Empires - Aprold's City 07-11-2018.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser30900

I mean, if every single piece give 1 extra fp at town hall collection.... I might put down some of them

DeletedUser30312

I imagine most players on these forums are only going to place these buildings next to each other if Inno ends up going back and applying a set bonus to them now that there are enough buildings in the 'set' to do so. Players here tend not to care about aesthetics.

The Baroque Garden really isn't so much a set as it is a common visual theme, somewhat like how each age has its own look. At least that's my take on it.

Aesthetics is a secondary concern for my cities. It's more important to make efficient use of space, but I do like things to look good together. I don't have the Baroque Garden pieces all next to each other, but I do place them near each other where space allows and the visual aspect is good:

museum.jpg

The Pavilion, for example looks pretty good near an Atlantis Museum, I've seen other players group them together too. And the Menagerie also matches up with it well. I have a Venice Canal in there just for the looks -- a Ritual Flame would admittedly be better use for the space. The Obelisk Garden sort of goes with the stuff too. Above it, I have the Sundial spire next to the Observatory, I think the two look good together.

manor.jpg

Here, chaining up the Lord's Manor, the Royal Marble Gateway, and the Royal Cascade look pretty good too. The path in the front of the Cascade looks like it's connecting to the Gateway. Wait a minute. Did I do something tuckerkao did? That's embarrassing!

I don't have all of the pieces in my city, I never got the multiproducers, and I have 2 or 3 other pieces in my inventory.

And @qaccy 's city on Jaims has a pretty good combination here:

aviary.jpg

The Checkmate Square and Aviary look pretty good combined with his Town Hall.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33036

i would put the biggest piece in the center, and try to surround it.

DeletedUser30312

Most of the pieces tend to have similar footprints though -- 6, 9, 12, 16 and 20 squares. The two biggest are the Hedge Maze and Menagerie which are 5x4 and 4x5 respectively.

DeletedUser30312

Did a bit more of city redesign including the Botanical Rotunda from tomorrow's Genghis Khan event:

baroque.jpg

So I have nearly all the Baroque pieces in my city all clustered near the Atlantis Museum. The big dome on the Rotunda looks like it will go pretty well with the Museum. I don't have the Balloon Site or Hedge Maze placed, the Balloon is just a cultural building with no bonuses, and the Hedge Maze is similar to a Wishing Well, so I'm not using them here. I don't have the Aviary, Rosarium, or Magnum Opus, but I wouldn't be using them anyway.

DeletedUser26120

Not using the magnum opus? I can understand aviary/rosarium - those are borderline (still good tho imo) but opus is the best fp producer you can get.

6 tiles for 3 fp a day. Those 3x3 3fp producers don't match that. Even if you can't collect 3 times a day it's better than a skywatch at 2 times collected.