• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battle field is not Wide enough

UP ONLINE

no troop should be able to move to the other side and attack in a single Turn
JUST like Industrial age Mounted Archer range units or Catapults
And another is you cant withdraw some times with out you taking Damage
unless they can make attacking the other side impossible the first cycle shorten the movement or attack Distance just out of reach

Last edited:
Hey all, new to the forums, etcetera...
As for the discussion topic- two things. First of all, you have access to the same units as other players or the NPCs. So what's stopping you from using them if you think it's so unfair that they can cross the entire field (don't remember any units that can do that anyway, but I'm early era, perhaps I haven't encountered any yet)? Secondly, what would making it wider even change? They would still be able to get to you faster than you could get to them, so it just would make the start of battles take longer in order for units to get to each other. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really see any advantage to changing that.

wolfhoundtoo

mounted archers probably can and there are a few that can attack across the field (or close to it) in various ages. Catapults can generally target you in the starting position as I recall. I'm presuming his probably is his basic tactics isn't working now that his chosen targets put up those as defenses.

As for the field being wider there's no reason for that just to slow down manual battles. A player (that knows what they are doing anyway) has an advantage of the AI already no need to make it more so. Players just need to learn to change up their units for whatever they expect the enemy to have against them.

UP ONLINE

Hey all, new to the forums, etcetera...
As for the discussion topic- two things. First of all, you have access to the same units as other players or the NPCs. So what's stopping you from using them if you think it's so unfair that they can cross the entire field (don't remember any units that can do that anyway, but I'm early era, perhaps I haven't encountered any yet)? Secondly, what would making it wider even change? They would still be able to get to you faster than you could get to them, so it just would make the start of battles take longer in order for units to get to each other. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really see any advantage to changing that.
The longer the field There's no way any troop can attack you and hurt your troops on the very first cycle

Johnny B. Goode

If you don't like that in the early ages, you're going to absolutely hate the later ages. Some troops in later ages start in random positions on the battlefield AND move/attack first. Dealing with that is known as tactics. (And if you use a unit that starts in a random position along with 7 Rogues and select auto battle, be prepared to inflict little to no damage and lose your entire army. LOL)

Johnny B. Goode

get to Industrial age first. most times they go first
Which you can sometimes turn to your advantage.
Example:
One of my favorite GE encounters occurs in Contemporary Era. It is the one with a two wave enemy army. First wave consists of 4 Missile Artillery and 4 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles. Second wave is Missile Artillery and Machine Gun Teams. I love to attack it manually with 8 Attack Helicopters. The Attack Helicopters move first, and the Missile Artillery can't hit flying units. So I take out the AAVs first, gladly suffering their return fire on 4 of my units, then hit auto to mop up the artillery. Same with second wave, hit the MG Teams first manually then mop up the artillery on auto. Guaranteed no lost units.

If you don't like taking damage before you can surrender or hit the enemy yourself, use Rogues to your advantage.
Example:
Another Contemporary Era GE encounter (actually a couple near the end of level 4). Enemy consists of two waves, both waves with 4 Missile Artillery and 4 Assault Tanks. I use 1 Attack Helicopter and 7 Rogues. Move the AH back one tile, then let the enemy units move. The ATs may transform one or two of your Rogues, and the artillery will probably transform all the rest without damaging your real AH. Then you take out at 2 of the ATs and damage a third, keeping your real AH as far as possible from the two remaining. You may actually lose one AH on their second turn, but that's fine as long as it's not your real one (which is why you keep it farther from the remaining ATs). Then finish off the other two ATs on your second turn before hitting auto to mop up the artillery. Same exact tactic for the second wave. Guaranteed win with minimal unit loss.

So that's at least 3 encounters (there are many more) just in Contemporary GE where you turn either the first move strike ability or the Rogue's special ability to your advantage, or both.

Ricardoso83

I know what he means and he is part right...

The battlefield being "wider", that is not the problem.

The problem are the combat rules, it´s maybe one of the few games Where you deploy troops and with that peculiar unit with good initiative you can afterwards att on first strike, there are no games where you deploy a troop and att imediately (because or you do a movement or there is a safe distance on map to not first strike).
As far it goes, the unit has good initiative allthough its a mediane troop if you do not one shot at the start them you probably will be killed by the second wave since it has few defense...
Perhaps you meant "terrain" should have more effect, rush - a full movement on a non plain field is ilogical and if it makes a full movement the dmg should be smaller or "stay" on guard (keep on spot, not move) fortalize the unit meaning more "defense", well those are combat tactics that i think should be improved.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This continues through the ages. Attack Helicopters always go first and are immune to artillery. Drones are immune to Plazma , Gliders are immune to artillery , etc. Can't hit them the first round ? Use rogues to take the first hit and then mop them up later. Each class of unit has a specific order to fire. Fight manual and learn them and you will greatly increase your win score card.

Last edited by a moderator: