1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

[Confirmed] Battle sounds after combat bug

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by fqua, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Feirefis

Feirefis Member

I got an answer from INNO Support to this error.
    You will be disappointed:

2. Zatrikon

Zatrikon Active Member

I've been seeing this problem for a long time - ever since I first used Rogues in combat. I usually just refresh the page. But it shouldn't happen at all.

3. Zatrikon

Zatrikon Active Member

I've also been seeing this for as long as I've had Rogues. Just recently, it happened with another unit, I forgot which one. Behemoth, maybe? Really annoying.

4. iAmArtemis

iAmArtemis Active Member

It's minor but I've been dealing with it for over a year now and I finally just thought I would ask if anyone else ever experiences this. Typically it happens during or after a battle. There will be a battle sound, for example, a cannon, but for some reason, instead of the sound ending, it just starts repeating over and over until the game in restarted. Another very common sound is a horse gallop. It just continues on a loop.

I play plenty of other games that are memory intensive so I know it isn't that. I play on Windows 7 so I'm not sure if it's any different on Windows 10. Perhaps it's a java issue. I play in Firefox. Anyone else dealing with this?

5. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

Indeed, this is a known problem. I'll merge this with another thread on the topic.

6. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

I'm merging this with another thread on the same topic.

7. RalphMalph

RalphMalph Member

I noticed in a couple of fights that the sound loop would start after a rogue moved. If it moved again before converting to another piece, the sound loop would stop.

8. Feirefis

Feirefis Member

So? Staff Member "jaelis" if it is a known problem, is a confirmed bug, which inno will fix any time in the coming decade ? It is quite annoying. After the first battle in GE i almost always have to continue playing without sound, which is a downer. :-(

9. Shryker

Shryker New Member

I seem to have the horse galloping sound in a loop that also follows after I have left GE and gone back to my city. I suspected a flash problem, because all I do is refresh or reload the page and it is gone.

10. Queste

Queste Active Member

It's not flash, it's the game itself. It's reproducible and the condition under which it happens are clear.

11. oldcripple

oldcripple New Member

I am running Google Chrome under Windows 10, and have suffered through this bug for cannon, field guns, heavy infantry, grenadiers, heavy knights, dragoons and rangers after battles. If the bug manifests after the first battle of a two-battle encounter, moving the unit that makes the sound will cause the sound to stop playing; otherwise, only refreshing the web page in my browser will get it to stop. The annoyance is unending, and it grates increasingly on the nerves.

12. insainklown

insainklown New Member

it's still doing it !! I'll live with it !

13. Robbenn

Robbenn New Member

Worlds:
    Langendorn
    This was supposed to be fixed a few patches back... And it was... sort of.. The issue was still there during the battle but they made sure that any battle sound stops at the end of the battle. This isn't a fix, it's a workaround but I could live with it. Now the issue is back in all it's glory. Happens literally every 3-7 battles. This game's code must be a real mess since they can't fix such a small issue. I haven't really payed attention to the details but it seems to occur when a specific unit doesn't get to it's destination because you interrupt it with another action. For example, moving a unit and then, before it reaches the destination, you press the auto-battle button. That's what triggers the issue most of the time for me. Either way, this isn't an issue that should take years to fix.

14. obytt

obytt New Member

I have been experiencing this prob for along time. Drives me crazy! When is this problem going to get fixed? I used to get the looping sound only from rouges and usually on the last move, then it started doing it with other units, now it seems it does with all units. Turning off the game sound does not get rid of the looping sound, you have to re-load the game or turn off CPU sound. Now i know you can turn off the game sound after you reload and then fight, there is no looping sound, but part of the fun of fighting is being able to hear all the sounds associated with the fighting experience. This looping problem has gotten worse, not better. OK, so we know this is happening and has been for quite awhile. Now what is being done about it. My last response from Support 2 days ago, was that it will be fixed on the next update. So we will see!
    PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!

15. wabash77

wabash77 New Member

I feel exactly the same way you do. That WMV file NEEDS TO BE REMOVED BY FOE. It;s incredibly annoying