• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battleground difficulty increase

Bozon

Sure, but they are little bits and your expactations are to high.

The defending units have a balanced att/def bonus. Your units don't and that can always cause a surprise in the outcome. Same goes for terrain, initiative and even age.

Decided to wait until the end of the season and give it a few more days ...
So, the new pattern maintains, i hardly can pass 60 attrition now for 12 consecutive days when before i would go around 70 easily and sometimes near 80.
Every season i would maintain my units and this one i lost around 300.
Just a few mins ago i lost battles with 50 attrition against 8 nails with the same attacking army that i didn't loose before at 70!
And bear in mind that i recently raised my attack near 100% and attack defense 50%, so i'm now at att954%/def450%
I was even thinking about buying some diamonds and get a second governor villa and some more sentinels but this way it makes no sense, the more i raise my attack and attack defense the lower i have to stop in attrition.
I can accept when someone tells me nothing has changed but then i would expect that someone would take this to development to find if there's a bug in the game.
I'm not just some regular player, i have nearly 100K fights in less than 4 years of playing and i'm #9 in globals ranking at O world. The guild i play simply dominates the battlegrounds, i think we stayed 2nd once at the beggining, we won all others. At GE we simply won 97/100 times the other 3 were 2nd places and i don't even remember when we were 2nd last time.
So, i think from all this someone should at least inspect if there is some bug leading to this, especially because i was not the only one complaining.
I can't suddenly start loosing units at zero attrition, that i never loosed before, have to stop under 60 attrition cause i'm loosing battles that i never did in all other seasons and nothing being changed or some bug making it happen.
I would really like to build a 2nd Villa and add some more sentinels but at this point it seems pointless.

DeletedUser31499

I made it to level 87 attrition before GBG ended this morning. That’s a 1600% bonus for the opposing army. I don’t see a chance in the difficulty of the enemy army.

Agent327

I can accept when someone tells me nothing has changed but then i would expect that someone would take this to development to find if there's a bug in the game.

That happened when you filled a support ticket and were told nothing has changed.

So, i think from all this someone should at least inspect if there is some bug leading to this, especially because i was not the only one complaining.

Again, that happened when you filled a support ticket and were told nothing has changed.

Nothing has changed and there is no bug.

Bozon

So, the more attack and attack defense we get the harder the fights become, that is my conclusion.
So, why spend money in diamonds do buy attack ?
Makes no sense to me, if i raise my attack 150% and attack defense by 50% should be able to go at higher attritions, or at least the same, not decreasing.

DeletedUser31499

When GBG started I could do 47 +1 attrition fights. I’ve worked on my fighting bonuses and now can get to 87 +1 attrition fights. That’s only 40 more fights. But using sieges to lower attrition I can autofight thousands of fights a season. I’ve noticed I don’t lose as many troops and can autofight into the 50s before that 8 hover battle gets the better of me. There is zero reason to spend diamonds to be successful in GBG. Level up your fighting GBs. Look for fighting bonus buildings in the AD and bid on them. Go for event buildings that give a fighting bonus. The Viking and Egyptian Settlements have nice fighting bonus buildings.

Bozon

When GBG started I could do 47 +1 attrition fights. I’ve worked on my fighting bonuses and now can get to 87 +1 attrition fights. That’s only 40 more fights. But using sieges to lower attrition I can autofight thousands of fights a season. I’ve noticed I don’t lose as many troops and can autofight into the 50s before that 8 hover battle gets the better of me. There is zero reason to spend diamonds to be successful in GBG. Level up your fighting GBs. Look for fighting bonus buildings in the AD and bid on them. Go for event buildings that give a fighting bonus. The Viking and Egyptian Settlements have nice fighting bonus buildings.

My attack is 961% and my attack defense is 455%, do you think that's low ?
Anyway, if you use 5 camps on all tiles you dan do infinite fights and that is not what i wrote, i said that before i could reach nearly 80 attrition and now that i increased my attack and defense at leas 100% and 50% this last season was hard to take attrition over 60
It's not about the number of battles,it's about how high your attrition can go, that is the most important factor.
How much is your attack/defense anyway ?
And i didn't say i spend diamonds at BG, i said that i was willing to buy and spend diamonds to geta second Villa and some more Sentinels so that i could raise my attack and defense even more but as i don't see attrition limit increasing as it should than this might be pointless,

I have noticed that rogues aren’t being targeted first anymore most of the time. Usually rogues are the first units targeted. Watch replays and you will see your actual units being targeted first then your rogues so that could play a part in it.

I have noticed that rogues aren’t being targeted first anymore most of the time. Usually rogues are the first units targeted. Watch replays and you will see your actual units being targeted first then your rogues so that could play a part in it.
Me being in OF and those pesky eels always go first. Normally my rouges are first targeted but they seem to love my sub cruisers now more.

DeletedUser31499

My attack is 961% and my attack defense is 455%, do you think that's low ?
Anyway, if you use 5 camps on all tiles you dan do infinite fights and that is not what i wrote, i said that before i could reach nearly 80 attrition and now that i increased my attack and defense at leas 100% and 50% this last season was hard to take attrition over 60
It's not about the number of battles,it's about how high your attrition can go, that is the most important factor.
How much is your attack/defense anyway ?
And i didn't say i spend diamonds at BG, i said that i was willing to buy and spend diamonds to geta second Villa and some more Sentinels so that i could raise my attack and defense even more but as i don't see attrition limit increasing as it should than this might be pointless,

No I don’t think your attack/ defense is low.
I’m in FE and my attack/defense is 789%/488% unboosted of course.
My goto autofight setup is 2 hovers and 6 rogues.

Agent327

My goto autofight setup is 2 hovers and 6 rogues.

Why 6 rogues? On start-up those hovers are in stealth mode, so can not be hit on the first attack. Since hovers have steath on the plain, they are likely to keep stealth, even in auto battle. By using 8 hovers you can do damge yourself gfaster than with 2 hovers and 6 rogues. With the setup you use, you are more likely to lose your hovers than the rogues, so why use rogues?

BruteForceAttack

Why 6 rogues? On start-up those hovers are in stealth mode, so can not be hit on the first attack. Since hovers have steath on the plain, they are likely to keep stealth, even in auto battle. By using 8 hovers you can do damge yourself gfaster than with 2 hovers and 6 rogues. With the setup you use, you are more likely to lose your hovers than the rogues, so why use rogues?

One of the reason in fe would be, auto battle is not so smart to move the hovers to plains. Rouges will absorb the 1st wave.

BruteForceAttack

You have a point there. Now that I think of it, they started to work better in the 8 hover combination in the ages after FE.

Yeah after FE in AA map...8 hover is good...because the turtles and rockets cant hit....if someone went with 2ht and 6r against turtles or rockets, while converting the rogues the ht will also get hit and may get killed.

DeletedUser31499

The 2 hovers and 6 rogues are my go to in GBG. I autofight as fast as I can and if the fight is a 2 wave fight the 2 hovers are insurance in case one of them get killed. That can happen as my attrition rises into the 40s. Basically in GBG fighting I don’t want to think or strategize each fight I just go go go swapping out troops when they get wounded. Had a good GBG this one just ended with 6200 fights.

Agent327

Yeah after FE in AA map...8 hover is good...because the turtles and rockets cant hit....if someone went with 2ht and 6r against turtles or rockets, while converting the rogues the ht will also get hit and may get killed.

Not just AA map. Also PvP , GvG and Continent map.

The 2 hovers and 6 rogues are my go to in GBG. I autofight as fast as I can and if the fight is a 2 wave fight the 2 hovers are insurance in case one of them get killed. That can happen as my attrition rises into the 40s. Basically in GBG fighting I don’t want to think or strategize each fight I just go go go swapping out troops when they get wounded. Had a good GBG this one just ended with 6200 fights.

If you fight with 8 hovers, you can fight faster. Don't know about losses or how far you can get, cause there was no GBG when I was in FE, but you absolutely will be faster in changing units.

DeletedUser31499

Interesting... I’m using 2 hovers and 6 rogues to autofight on the maps. I’m on the VF map now. Won every fight in OF and so far every fight in VF. I did lose 1 autofight in AF and it was one of the fights near the end of the AF map. So I hand fought it instead of autofighting and it was close. That one fight surprised me.

BruteForceAttack

Interesting... I’m using 2 hovers and 6 rogues to autofight on the maps. I’m on the VF map now. Won every fight in OF and so far every fight in VF. I did lose 1 autofight in AF and it was one of the fights near the end of the AF map. So I hand fought it instead of autofighting and it was close. That one fight surprised me.

I was talking about GvG map, try 8 hovers in C-map...it will probably work better.