• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battleground difficulty increase

Bozon

Since battlegrounds started i was always able to go up to 60 attrition.
As time went by i've been slowly an constantly raising my attack/defense (which is now around 920/440) and by the end of last season i could go 80 if i needed to.
For the last 4 or 5 seasons i would consistently end the day around 70 attrition without loosing too many units.
When this season started (july 23rd) i could barely reach 60 !
I thought it was just bad luck so the next dayit was the same, and it has been the same for the last 6 days, not a single day i managed to go over 60 without loosing too many units.
I opened a support ticket where they told me the battleground difficulty had not changed.
The fact is that i have a few guildies that feel just the same as ido so i'm pretty sure this is not just coincidence.
Maybe if you have like 2000% attack you won't notice much difference but i just saw someone say that now he can't go over 30 when he used to go over 40 ...
I opened this thread to find out if we're alone here or if other people are feeling the same ?

Agent327

What if other people are feeling the same? It still is just a feeling. The numbers show you nothing has changed.

Bozon

On the contrary, the numbers show me that i could easily go over 70 attrition everyday and now i can barely pass 60

The Lady Redneck

I have also noticed the same thing this season with GBG. But this is nothing unusual. Things change all the time. In one world I have just went up an Era so kinda expected it to be a bit tougher. But in other worlds (Including Beta) it is the same. I to start struggling at 10 less than the last few seasons. Am not bothering though as they do keep tweaking things. Will just put a little more effort into levelling my military GBs until I catch up again.

Stormxx

I normally have at least 4-5 good battles in GBG before I have to reload units. Now I have to reload after two battles. Lucky if I get three battles in without spending diamonds. Something has changed. I also raised my attack and defense GB's. Same outcome.

The Lady Redneck

You use diamonds to battle??? I only ever spend those for expansions or on the odd occasion I am dumb enough to let an advanced unit get killed to ressurect it. But I am mean LOL.

Bozon

No, i didn't age up, if i did i would expect things to change.
I have been in SAAB since it opened

DeletedUser43301

If you don't know why…its always about THE MONEY!!!!!! Thats why attricion go hughier so FoE moderator please do NOT lie to us becouse you are insulting our IQs !!!!!!

Bozon

I understand mods are just players like us who do the job and don't really get payed (mainly reason i never applied) so maybe they don't give you all the information.
I think if they didn't inform you then you should ask.
The games goes under certain parameters and odds, and that gives you a certain pattern, it might deviate a bit but the pattern is there.
The pattern has told me, for a long time now, that i can go over 70 attrition everyday (can stretch to 80 if needed)
The pattern has also told me that i can win a battle against 8 nails at 40% attrition 90% of times
With almost a week since season started i notice a pattern that tells me i can go about 60 attrition, stretch to 65 if necessary
The pattern also tells me that, at 40 attrition i will losse 90% of times against 8 nails
So, there is a pettern here and you should ask Inno what has changed so we get informed
And i'm not even asking to make it back as it was, just to know what is going on and what has changed

qaccy

The thing that's happening here is that you had some sort of bad luck in GBG, so you got it in your head that Inno must have done something to make it harder. Now that you're believing that, your perception of GBG has been altered to support this belief despite what's actually happening. Nothing's been changed though. Attrition values have not been adjusted and units still have the same stats. The only variance here is what's always been present: The random damage calculation, battlefield terrain, Arctic Orangery/AR Targeting/Keen Eye if applicable, and the random enemy selection between GBG battles. My guess is that the most likely culprit here is you're running into the more difficult armies at high attrition values which is causing you more losses or to be 'stopped' earlier compared to your 'high score'. Since again, nothing has been changed as far as numbers go.

DeletedUser43301

But FACT is a FACT….we say "You got flat tire" you respond is"no we have 3 GOOD wheels" same but its sound so much better!!!

BruteForceAttack

No, i didn't age up, if i did i would expect things to change.
I have been in SAAB since it opened

What is your attack and defense? Also at higher attrition are you choosing the army based on opponents or just going with 2nails and 6 rouges or something like that?

Bozon

My attack/defense is 916/444
And i''m not comparing high attrition
At 40 attrition i have ALWAYS won with 6 nails + 2 rogues against 8 nails
Now, 90% of times i loose
If nothing has changed then maybe it's some kind of bug in units behaviour ... ?

BruteForceAttack

If nothing has changed then maybe it's some kind of bug in units behaviour ... ?

@ 60 you start losing some, for 8 nails use this combo 8 SAM Fast

Agent327

That you ALWAYS won was luck. Now you are seeing something that can be more expected.
The opposing army will always start the fight with the combo you are using.
Starting units can not reach your rogues, so they will start shooting your nails. With them having Keen Eye, you can be left with to little units very fast and you are fighting an uphill battle after that. These fights you ar bound to lose, not to win as you might think. Nothing has changed. You just have been lucky before.