• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battleground "rules" in Uceria - Diamond League

Sparky16

Apparently some "corpo" guilds in Uceria have made their own set of rules for diamond league in Uceria.
You can only build Outposts, SC's, and Watchtowers. If these rules are not followed, the guilds in your map gang up on you and attempt to HQ you.

At the start of the season, the guild that gets to center first reaches out to the rest of the guilds to work together in swapping tiles. This is not how the game is to be played, and these player decided rules benefit the strong. I'm all for working with another guild in say a NAP, but that's it. Having the whole board swap tiles is boring, redundant and not what Inno had in mind when they introduced battlegrounds. It's called battlegrounds for a reason.

It's beyond me why Inno would even allow this to happen. This needs to be addressed, the only guilds that should be sanctioned are the ones that taek these so called rules to heart. If you can't win in diamond, lose, go back to platinum and come back to diamond again all that stronger.

Inno - Do something about this!

The Lady Redneck

@ Sparky You are a bit late. What you say is nothing new to anyone here. What you are describing is the norm in every world, not just U world. Within a very short time of GBG launching GBG had changed to GFG (Guild Farm Ground) There have been countless posts to the forum demanding that INNO sort it. But they cannot sort the problems inherent in it any more than they can fix the long standing problems in GvG. What we have is what we got. We are stuck with it. OK they may keep tweaking a bit here and there to try to make folks thing they are trying to fix it. But am sure by now we know it is what it is.
So it is up to you and your guild to work out how to work things out to make it work for you.

Sparky16

@ Sparky You are a bit late. What you say is nothing new to anyone here. What you are describing is the norm in every world, not just U world. Within a very short time of GBG launching GBG had changed to GFG (Guild Farm Ground) There have been countless posts to the forum demanding that INNO sort it. But they cannot sort the problems inherent in it any more than they can fix the long standing problems in GvG. What we have is what we got. We are stuck with it. OK they may keep tweaking a bit here and there to try to make folks thing they are trying to fix it. But am sure by now we know it is what it is.
So it is up to you and your guild to work out how to work things out to make it work for you.
I play other worlds and this is not an issue, there are no special rules and we fight, may the best man win... Inno maost certainly can fix this if the so choose to, but the "corpo" guilds that set these rules have too much say.

There are ways, like disabling the building of Traps, palaces etc infront of your HQ. Sanctioning guilds that gang up on one other guild because they think the game should be played there way! Inaction on this shows Inno's weakness and lack of control of their own game that they spend countless hours on developing, to be played a certain way, but hey... We don't like it that way... so we'll forego teh actual rules of the game, make our own and deal consequences to anyone who breaks these rules.

Give me a break Redneck!

The Lady Redneck

Sparky16

I will give you all the breaks you want. It will not change the fact that INNO will leave players to work out their own solutions to the problems players themselves have caused.

See the thread entitled "When can we stop pretending GBG is Ballanced
It has been hashing this out for ages.
This is a completely different issue. This has not been bashed out for ages. Why don't you read the issue again and then find me a thread that hashes out this exact problem. Getting teamed up on because we want to play the way the game was designed to play. War! Not some wimpy nerds sitting behind a computer saying ... our way or we gang up on you.

Inno is weak and ineffective at policing their own game.
Don't bother replying if you are not someone who has answers or soutions, because it's obvious, you don;t see the issue, you're most likely one of thos "Corpo" teams that decided this is how we do it!

RazorbackPirate

This is a completely different issue. This has not been bashed out for ages. Why don't you read the issue again and then find me a thread that hashes out this exact problem. Getting teamed up on because we want to play the way the game was designed to play. War! Not some wimpy nerds sitting behind a computer saying ... our way or we gang up on you.

Inno is weak and ineffective at policing their own game.
Don't bother replying if you are not someone who has answers or soutions, because it's obvious, you don;t see the issue, you're most likely one of thos "Corpo" teams that decided this is how we do it!
There is nothing unique in your issue. This is standard behavior among guilds. You try and hold sectors, you get shown you can't. Keep it up and you're getting locked down to base.

Ganged up on is just them playing the game they want to play, a game you're interfering with by playing how you want to play. Who wins? The strongest guilds.
INNO will leave players to work out their own solutions to the problems players themselves have caused.
^This. You'll need to figure it out yourself. Hint: Accept GBG as it is, not how you fantasize it should be.

Kranyar the Mysterious

No one with answers or solutions will ever reply here to you, because no one from Inno will ever read this thread, and they are the only ones who could do something about it. Since this exact issue was hashed out on the official feedback thread here and for other servers, and Inno has done nothing about it in the intervening time, the only conclusions that can drawn are that Inno doesn't care for whatever reason, or they do care and they'll fix it at some point in the future. We'll never know unless we suddenly see an update. Until then Inno will tell us nothing one way or the other.

And sorry, but ganging up on you IS war. Just not the war you want. If your guild can't deal with it, you don't belong in the center anyway.

The Lady Redneck

I play in a top guild yes. but I also play in a young guild just starting their way in GBG and I have played in guilds of all sizes and experience. I too would prefer it if GBG was played as originally intended. But it is not. and despite their attempts almost from the beginning to adress the ballance issue and so prevent the problem that your guild is experiencing. nothing has worked. I think their best course would be to start designing a completely new war aspect for the game. THEN take the time to properly evaluate and test it before launching it. Which is not what they did with rush job that is GBG.

Agent327

Let me tell you right now this is a public forum. If you start a thread you do not decide who can or can not reply. Everybody is allowed to, whether you like it or not. If that is a problem for you, just say so and I will lock this thread.

Sparky16

There is nothing unique in your issue. This is standard behavior among guilds. You try and hold sectors, you get shown you can't. Keep it up and you're getting locked down to base.

Ganged up on is just them playing the game they want to play, a game you're interfering with by playing how you want to play. Who wins? The strongest guilds.

^This. You'll need to figure it out yourself. Hint: Accept GBG as it is, not how you fantasize it should be.
No it isn't, it's them saying these our the rules, play by the rules otherwise the whole board will fight against you and you only.
No one should be able to dictate what can and can't be built, no matter how strong they are. This is NOT a farming game, it's a war game... PERIOD.

If there is stronger guilds, then they should battle it out, like it's done in the other worlds I play in, weaker guilds should have all the right to build traps and palaces to try and compete, these tools are there for a reason.

The ONLY rules are the rules as set out by INNO. If everyone followed the rules it would be a much better game.

Sparky16

No one with answers or solutions will ever reply here to you, because no one from Inno will ever read this thread, and they are the only ones who could do something about it. Since this exact issue was hashed out on the official feedback thread here and for other servers, and Inno has done nothing about it in the intervening time, the only conclusions that can drawn are that Inno doesn't care for whatever reason, or they do care and they'll fix it at some point in the future. We'll never know unless we suddenly see an update. Until then Inno will tell us nothing one way or the other.

And sorry, but ganging up on you IS war. Just not the war you want. If your guild can't deal with it, you don't belong in the center anyway.
Te only reason these guilds gang up on you is because you aren't following the guidelines as they have set out, rather than just playing the game, taking over the whole board and letting everyone else battle to gain points/sectors.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The ONLY rules are the rules as set out by INNO. If everyone followed the rules it would be a much better game.
Please quote the exact rule that you claim that Inno set out that those guilds are violating. I bet 1000 fp you can't, because it doesn't exist.

Heck, Inno doesn't even care if you blackmail your neighborhood by telling all hoodies to put fp on your building or else you will attack them. I really don't think they'd be bothered over this issue.

Sparky16

Please quote the exact rule that you claim that Inno set out that those guilds are violating. I bet 1000 fp you can't, because it doesn't exist.

Heck, Inno doesn't even care if you blackmail your neighborhood by telling all hoodies to put fp on your building or else you will attack them. I really don't think they'd be bothered over this issue.
It doesn't say anywhere that you CAN"T build any buildiing in battlegrounds. That's not an INNO rule, that's a player decided rule.It's retarded, it takes away from the game, plus these farming "runs" inflate scores of weaker guilds.

We built an outpost and was sent a message that we were breaking the rules, show me anywhere in here where it says you are limited as to what you can and can't build in Diamond League.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky16

Nobody is breaking a rule set by Inno. The are doing something you don't like. That is not breaking a rule.
We were told we were breaking a rule by building an outpost, then the whole map ganged up on us because of it. Where does INNO say you can't build ..... anything? If Inno never wanted us to build anything, it would be disabled by the programmers.

Agent327

We were told we were breaking a rule by building an outpost, then the whole map ganged up on us because of it. Where does INNO say you can't build ..... anything? If Inno never wanted us to build anything, it would be disabled by the programmers.

Did Inno tell you, you were breaking a rule?

Kranyar the Mysterious

So by @Sparky16 's logic everyone running a 1.9 thread is violating Inno's rules too, since Inno never said that someone had to put 1.9 down on someone else's building, Inno made it so you can place however much you want. They are being told to do it by the players running the 1.9 threads, the tyrants.

If Inno wanted us to put 1.9 on a building, they'd have given us a 1.9 button.

Quite the rabbit hole here.