• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battleground "rules" in Uceria - Diamond League

Sharmon the Impaler

The thing is the game is meant to be played without cheating and that is it. Anything else outside of threatening or objectively offensive language or the former is all on you to deal with. A guild that is strong enough to control the map has done one of two things , played consistently for a long time or spent money on the game or both. As long as this keeps happening then Inno will keep the rules as they are with the occasional tweak when either of the 2 aforementioned things drop.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

No one should be able to dictate what can and can't be built, no matter how strong they are. This is NOT a farming game, it's a war game...
Two completely contradictory statements.
The ONLY rules are the rules as set out by INNO. If everyone followed the rules it would be a much better game.
They are following Inno's rules...unless there's something else they're doing that you haven't mentioned here. Everything you've complained about is completely within Inno's rules.
We were told we were breaking a rule by building an outpost, then the whole map ganged up on us because of it. Where does INNO say you can't build ..... anything? If Inno never wanted us to build anything, it would be disabled by the programmers.
You weren't told you were breaking Inno's rules, now were you? If a group of guilds wants to band together and set rules for a GBG map round, and they're strong enough to enforce them, that's totally allowed by Inno. Same type of thing happens in GvG, or it used to anyway. Maybe still does, but I don't participate enough to know for sure nowadays.

The solution, which you don't want to hear, obviously, is to either abide by their rules or accept that you will finish last in that round and probably get demoted to a lower league.

Pericles the Lion

We were told we were breaking a rule by building an outpost, then the whole map ganged up on us because of it.
Outposts and fortresses just mean more hits for the attacking armies. More hits = more loot. I don't know why the other guilds would care but, if they do, don't build them. Problem solved. Or, build them and get used to life on a beach. Like it, or not, GBG is about building alliances with some of the other guilds.

Sparky16

Outposts and fortresses just mean more hits for the attacking armies. More hits = more loot. I don't know why the other guilds would care but, if they do, don't build them. Problem solved. Or, build them and get used to life on a beach. Like it, or not, GBG is about building alliances with some of the other guilds.
LMAO, building alliances with other guilds, war is about battling and gaining the respect of of your "enemies" and while respecting your enemies.
Farming is about growing seeds and feeding warriors.

Sparky16

Two completely contradictory statements.

They are following Inno's rules...unless there's something else they're doing that you haven't mentioned here. Everything you've complained about is completely within Inno's rules.

You weren't told you were breaking Inno's rules, now were you? If a group of guilds wants to band together and set rules for a GBG map round, and they're strong enough to enforce them, that's totally allowed by Inno. Same type of thing happens in GvG, or it used to anyway. Maybe still does, but I don't participate enough to know for sure nowadays.

The solution, which you don't want to hear, obviously, is to either abide by their rules or accept that you will finish last in that round and probably get demoted to a lower league.
These are not for one round or specific to any map. These rules are for EVERY map, and EVERY guild in diamond.
They are even able to send messages to ALL the GBG commanders and or leaders and founders with the set of rules BEFORE every round starts.

Sounds like an inside job doesn't it. There is NO way that information is available to for every guild unless someone literally spends countless hours going through each and every guild in the world.

Sparky16

So by @Sparky16 's logic everyone running a 1.9 thread is violating Inno's rules too, since Inno never said that someone had to put 1.9 down on someone else's building, Inno made it so you can place however much you want. They are being told to do it by the players running the 1.9 threads, the tyrants.

If Inno wanted us to put 1.9 on a building, they'd have given us a 1.9 button.

Quite the rabbit hole here.
Read the thread, there's nore going on here than what you think!

Pericles the Lion

LMAO, building alliances with other guilds, war is about battling and gaining the respect of of your "enemies" and while respecting your enemies.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting" - SunTzu, The Art of War

"War is a mere continuation of policy by other means" - Von Clausewitz

Ebeondi Asi

The interesting thing I read comes up again and again. The different attitudes between 'farming' GbG and battling in GbG. The funny thing is, even the Guilds that are farming have major take it at all costs battles and fights each day in GbG. I would guess the complaint about Farming are from the sideliners, Those who wish they had what it takes to farm.

RazorbackPirate

Read the thread, there's nore going on here than what you think!
What more?

The dominant guilds want to farm the map, you don't. When you mess up their farming dance, you get put in the corner. I know you want it to be another way, but it's not another way. It is the way it is and the way it will stay, as long as Inno profits.

Accept it for what it is and join the dance, or watch the dance from the corner. Your choice. Insisting it be something it's not will just keep you upset. Why be upset? It's a game.

Johnny B. Goode

These are not for one round or specific to any map. These rules are for EVERY map, and EVERY guild in diamond.
They are even able to send messages to ALL the GBG commanders and or leaders and founders with the set of rules BEFORE every round starts.

Sounds like an inside job doesn't it. There is NO way that information is available to for every guild unless someone literally spends countless hours going through each and every guild in the world.
Not countless hours. All the diamond guilds will be on the first several pages of the rankings. And if they want to spend their leisure time in such a ridiculous endeavor just to dominate GBG, then more power to them. You're ignoring the fact that most diamond guilds seem to have gotten on board with them. Sucks for you, but entirely within the rules. (And remember, they have 3 days between rounds with nothing better to do than update their "mailing list".)

Emberguard

Heck, Inno doesn't even care if you blackmail your neighborhood by telling all hoodies to put fp on your building or else you will attack them. I really don't think they'd be bothered over this issue.
Well actually, I’d argue they do care given they’ve outlined that exact strategy in the rules.

image0.png

It's beyond me why Inno would even allow this to happen. This needs to be addressed, the only guilds that should be sanctioned are the ones that taek these so called rules to heart. If you can't win in diamond, lose, go back to platinum and come back to diamond again all that stronger.
Simple: Free will.

If these rules are not followed, the guilds in your map gang up on you and attempt to HQ you.
Supposing there were no NAPs. Supposing Inno found a way to completely do away with alliances. Would you be having more fun if the map was completely dominated by a single guild instead of them having reason to let others share in the spoils?

If you look at the power distribution between guilds, the only way to stop a single guild dominating the entire map keeping you at HQ anyway, is to either (a) have alliances be more profitable then solo’ing it (b) spread out the top players to multiple guilds so they’re not all sitting in the one guild (yeah… good luck convincing them to do that)

Emberguard

My suggestion to you is if you want to do all out war, find a bunch of individuals that want the same. Create a guild. Get everyone into the same age so you reduce treasury strain. Then give it your all in building up your ability to fight back in GBG,

Do that and you may just be able to dominate the map enough that you don't need to worry about the farming pact and can start making your own rules. You may even find yourself able to run a second guild that can help you in this endeavor of all out war on the maps (and having fun with it)

Emberguard

Outposts and fortresses just mean more hits for the attacking armies. More hits = more loot.
Because that doubles up on costs due to there being a 50% chance of a random building being destroyed. If one guild is building outposts / fortresses then whoever takes the province will need to replace it with Siege Camps if it takes them under 5 Siege Camps.

If it were discussed beforehand that X province would be beneficial to place a Fortress on due to surrounding support building slots then the group might have gone along with it. But if it’s just doing your own thing without discussing it then that goes against the goals set by the alliance.

Flavius Belisarius

This is like many puzzling discussions on the forums.
COMPLAINT: Something is not fair (Plunder/GBG/GVG). So I want INNO to do something about it.
RESPONSE #1: Get better at the game.
RESPONSE #2: That's the way the game is.
RESPONSE #3: A courteous explanation trying to explain how the game is set up and how you might over come your misunderstanding of what you perceive the problem is.
RESPONSE #4: INNO doesn't care or won't fix it and doesn't read these posts anyway.
COMPLAINANT RESPONSE: You don't understand, this is a real problem. I want INNO to fix it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Well actually, I’d argue they do care given they’ve outlined that exact strategy in the rules.

image0.png
As being specifically allowed via an example, just like I said, so I guess they care enough to give an example of what is allowed so they can help fend off any IRL issues that they really care about.

Ebeondi Asi

Quote: "war is about battling and gaining the respect of of your 'enemies' "
reads like a comic book version of war. most war is about wanting someone elses resources and territory. or protecting your own from intruders. All the fighting is just one way to resolve those disputes.
GbG is resources. The position rewards, the Forge Points. One way to resolve the disputes is to negotiate. most Guild that can, negotiate how they will divvy up the pie. After a display of prowess. (the Season opening twenty minutes LOL )

Flavius Belisarius

Quote: "war is about battling and gaining the respect of of your 'enemies' "
reads like a comic book version of war. most war is about wanting someone elses resources and territory. or protecting your own from intruders. All the fighting is just one way to resolve those disputes.
GbG is resources. The position rewards, the Forge Points. One way to resolve the disputes is to negotiate. most Guild that can, negotiate how they will divvy up the pie. After a display of prowess. (the Season opening twenty minutes LOL )
War is a continuation of diplomacy by other means. War is the use or force to coerce your opnents to submit to your will.

Sharmon the Impaler

What fantasy land are you from ? I have hid under a pile of warm pig manure for 13 hours waiting to ambush a passing group of scouts. Respect ? Where did you read that trope ?