• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

BattleGrounds Season Length

The Atomic Punk

I believe Im in majority saying that the current ratio of 11 days fighting followed by 3 off is unsustainable.
An 11 day season is fine but should be followed by a 5-7 day break.
Thoughts???

And now a shameless plug!!
Innocent Exile actively seeks fighters, active in GvG huge plus.
Recruitment bonuses available
Come fight for juicy Diamond rewards and be part of a guild like no other.

AwesomeAadi10

Every active guild can easily do an 11 days with 3 days for rest break since 3 days is actually a lot of time if u think about it. All you need for Battlegrounds is active players, a good guild treasury, your player army and/or goods depending if your a farmer or fighter. With active players, getting these things isn’t very hard especially since you can get everything you need except active players from GE. Army troops and goods from GE plus your city productions will get you a nice stockpile of goods and/or troops and the guild treasury can get stocked up by active players. If your treasury is a problem get more active players. Also, there’s way more ways to get troops and goods other than GE and your city for example RQ is a good option. Frankly, if there was a 5-7 day rest break it would get boring.

Nicholas002

If you make diamond... you will make that attrition in one sector against us... sorry. If you want FPs stay in the lower leagues
Not if use siege camps you won’t make that attrition in one sector.
If you want FPs, diamond league is best for 4 reasons: 1) the sectors require more advances, so more opportunities for battles, 2) the sectors flip faster, so more opportunities for battles, 3) there are more rich-guild alliances, more siege camps, so less attrition, and 4) the FP reward is bigger.

what kind of weird-@$$ logic are you using to come to the conclusion that lower leagues give more FPs?

Vger

what kind of weird-@$$ logic are you using to come to the conclusion that lower leagues give more FPs?
In my main, we tend to bounce back and forth between platinum and diamond. We are competent in platinum. Diamond, not so much.
Most seasons, I will make significantly more FPs if we are in platinum. Fewer FPs per encounter, sure. But way more encounters. SC farming is an abomination that should be nerfed a wonderful thing.

Nicholas002

In my main, we tend to bounce back and forth between platinum and diamond. We are competent in platinum. Diamond, not so much.
Most seasons, I will make significantly more FPs if we are in platinum. Fewer FPs per encounter, sure. But way more encounters.
Interesting. I would think there would be more encounter in diamond because of the afore-stated reasons, but maybe that is just for big guilds. I guess for a small/weaker guild, more encounters would be possible in platinum.
SC farming is an abomination that should be nerfed a wonderful thing.
Agreed. I also have a love- hate relationship with SCs. I love them for the rewards, but I don’t really think they are great for the game. For now though, I am content to reap the rewards, like everyone else.

AwesomeAadi10

I find it’s not so much the 3 days break being too short, but rather the 11 days being rather long. I’d prefer a 3 day competition, 1-2 days break, another 3 day comp. etc
Yeah it’s especially more boring when you know your going to win so you’re just waiting for it to end to collect the rewards. This also applies of your losing by a lot.

Plunder Queen

If you make diamond... you will make that attrition in one sector against us... sorry. If you want FPs stay in the lower leagues
Yeah, the guild I’m in is diamond. We do a lot of SC, although I’m not a siege camp / candy chaser. I’ll gladly take a sector for the team so we can get our farming tiles primed and I know others do the same when I do choose to fight on sectors with camps. I’ve done 800 plus encounters this season in gbg. I’m at a mere 9 million with a 28 Traz. I don’t know how you expect much more from me.

Not if use siege camps you won’t make that attrition in one sector.
If you want FPs, diamond league is best for 4 reasons: 1) the sectors require more advances, so more opportunities for battles, 2) the sectors flip faster, so more opportunities for battles, 3) there are more rich-guild alliances, more siege camps, so less attrition, and 4) the FP reward is bigger.

Cuz against us in diamond most guilds are lucky to leave the 4 ring..