• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Be a fast GOSU in GBG

Agent327

Now I know you have no clue how GBG works. Please stop trolling this thread and let people who actually know how to play the game discuss this.

It never stops to be funny that you are a troll when you question the "expert's" opinion. Ever heard of unit initiative?

Cennyan

It never stops to be funny that you are a troll when you question the "expert's" opinion. Ever heard of unit initiative?

Go fight with 8 rogues and let me know what happens. Either you A) have no clue and are trolling like you do, or B) You're being sarcastic and trolling. Either way, you're trolling. 8 rogues immediately die in almost every single encounter, they have nothing to transfer into and get one shot. So which is it, A or B? Or should we just call it trolling and be done with it?

Cennyan

Anyway, for the rest of the community, feel free to try my recommendations, or Agents, or don't. I'm sharing what works for me and allows me to end up on at or near the top of the list...I always end up with more fights per sector than anyone and that has been consistent for the last three guilds I've been in. For those with a growth mindset, try it yourself and see if you get more fights on those 0 attrition tiles. What I had intended to be as a helpful discussion has been derailed and I really don't want to contribute to that mentality any longer. As such, I won't be monitoring this thread any longer so catch me on Birka if you have a question or suggestion.

Agent327

Go fight with 8 rogues and let me know what happens. Either you A) have no clue and are trolling like you do, or B) You're being sarcastic and trolling. Either way, you're trolling. 8 rogues immediately die in almost every single encounter, they have nothing to transfer into and get one shot. So which is it, A or B? Or should we just call it trolling and be done with it?

I am the one with no clue or you? I asked you what unit you use with those rogues. No answer. I asked you if you know about unit initiative. No answer.

You are the one here posting a guide for others to follow. You should be able to answer questions and defend your choices. Calling someon that does not agree with you a troll and ignoring questions is not really doing that.

MJ Artisan of War

Easy Agent.... CCC said he was no longer monitoring this thread.... be very very quiet....
Or better yet.... close this silly thread... LOL

Johnny B. Goode

As such, I won't be monitoring this thread any longer so catch me on Birka if you have a question or suggestion.
Kind of thin skinned to start a guide and then abandon it the minute someone questions your advice.
Easy Agent.... CCC said he was no longer monitoring this thread....
A player this sensitive to other opinions/viewpoints shouldn't venture into writing guides. I'm just sayin'...

qaccy

Rogues aren't necessarily always needed. Don't rely on that free hit so much that you give up attacking opportunities for the sake of having units standing around doing nothing on their first turn.

The way I think of it is like this: If every unit has had a chance to move and you still have Rogues that haven't transformed, you're most likely better off having used another unit in its place, especially if it's a unit that could do some damage in its first turn. For example, Sentinels can hit any unit on their first turn and move before almost any other unit. Against units that have more than 1 range, you may as well use 8 Sentinels to deal as much damage as possible in the first turn since there isn't really any advantage to letting slow Rogues be transformed instead. This is just one example!

Glockgemini

For GE, GBG, Map and Hood, I have two styles of quick combat. Full auto and Semi auto. Both assume you had the foresight to get your Traz planted in EMA along with a Rogue Den. If you don't have them both, then you are not ready for quick combat. As in any combat scenario, you will do much better as you get your combat bonuses upgraded.
Semi-Auto uses a fast (cav or champ) (vs artillery) or a heavy (vs. no artillery) and 7 rogues. Start the combat, place the non-rogue in a corner and end its turn, then hit auto. This gives the rogues a chance to get in front and get flipped before the real unit engages.
Full auto starts with 2 hover tanks and 6 rogues. Hit Auto and replace any seriously wounded troops, Repeat. The hover tank is protected from early hits by its stealth ability.
In PvP, the AI essentially treats rouges as any other unit, so on the lower value defenders, semi-auto is necessary and in the higher value defenders its all manual but after you get all the rogues flipped, you can hit Auto if the outcome looks good.

Emberguard

4. Your DEFENSIVE army (not GbG) should be 2-3 primary GBG troops and 5-6 rogues. (ie...if using Grenadiers, make your defensive army 2 Grenadiers and 6 rogues). This will cause them to show up at the front of your troop listing and reduce tabbing during combat. These are the troops you will initially swap out with during GbG fights. Once these troops are exhausted you will have to resort to tabbing to primary and light unit tabs to swap out. You can adjust this ratio depending on if your primary troops are dying and needing to be replaced more than your rogues.
I’d think it’d be faster to put defensive units as units you’d never use in GBG

Reason being you’d have to kill the units entirely for them to not slow you down. You wouldn’t be able to swap defensive units out when damaged if you’re using defensive army to have something fast to put up. Otherwise the moment you take them off of attack they’re clogging up your screen

Emberguard

Not using rogues is very bad advice for GBG. I'm afraid you're suggestion won't make it into the guide.
Depends on the age. Lower ages Rogues are amazing. Higher ages (modern era up) you risk losing your entire army if you use rogues on auto due to lack of movement range. Sometimes your units die before the rogues can transform. At which point it can potentially be faster to not use rogues unless you know you’re able to win the battle with little to no losses. Really depends on the units on each side and boosts present

Definitely worth experimenting with though for each age and seeing how far you can get with and without rogues

Feli the Fearless

I am in LMA on one world and have no city defenders, as it makes fighting faster in GbG to not have to scroll past them. Also, only use artillery for any fighting up to way high attrition. Rogues make it much slower. But I do agree with some of the OPs other points, and that this could be a useful guide if properly lined out. When he says he gets more fights per sector than others in his guild, I wonder what that even means? Is it 20 people racing? Or him knocking down an entire sector almost alone?

Feli the Fearless

For perspective, The guild I'm in in the world I just mentioned, has 20 people hitting and a sector is finished in less than a minute at times. If I was in a smaller slower guild I'd obviously get way more fights working on a sector that was going to be open for 5 minutes.

DreadfulCadillac

And ensure that everyone in your neighborhood will be able to successfully attack your city. LOL
Eh, doesn't really matter if they attack, for me collecting on time always works. I wouldn't say that makes this guide bad,

1. Make sure any memory hog programs in the background are closed. This includes any Microsoft program, video games, YouTube, etc...
See I would do this, and I understand the benefit, but I have to be listening to music while fighting in gbg lol.

Rockstar1973

Not really any ‘right’ answers. Just whatever works for the individual and their device, age, play style, etc.

We just did a test in OF and our faster members do an average of 1 fight every 3.5 seconds or a little faster.

Factors that improve your speed are advanced age military, kraken (less hits equals fewer troop refreshes), attack bonus (same reason), age (different age troops handle gbg better than others), etc.

The more you fight the faster you will get but boosting your attack is the most efficient way to improve your speed.

Rockstar1973

…and I guess to be specific, for me in TE, 1000% attack, when I’m fighting with zero attrition and have full camp support (all these things effect how I fight), I use 1 sub cruiser (I have 7 total) and 7 rogues. I fight until the sub cruiser is down to 2 bars and then replace it with another. I don’t replace the rogues as they die until I’m down to 4 or less. When all 7 of my sub cruisers are used up (and again if I’m going for speed) I’ll switch to 8 stealth tanks then just replace them when I get below 6.

The ‘trick’ is to replace troops less often if your looking for speed as that’s what takes the most time. With the sub cruiser and 7 rogues I can get 10ish fights before I have to replace something. 8 stealth tanks is about 7 fights (again assuming zero attrition).

My average on the test we just did was 1 fight every 3.35 seconds (about 73 fights in 4 min) and that’s playing on my phone. I suspect you could get sub 3 second per fight playing on a computer if it was dialed in. Also your internet speed plays a roll.

But the short answer is to level your trifecta, then ta, ao, kraken, and to get advanced age troops and to make sure you have an abundance of military units (Traz, governors, bath house, etc). And the more you play, the faster you’ll get.

Agent327

Don't use rogues.

I am in SAM and rogues are useless for defence and attacking. I start with 8 sentinels and keep this up to 75 attrition where I swap out for sniperbots whenever Marines or Steel Wardens are the only opponent.

Yes and in SAV you will do the same with the SAV uinits.