• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Become founder again?

AwesomeAadi10

So I accidentally left my guild and I had founder rights. I had a co-founder and leaders but my co-founder hasn’t been active for a pretty long time. And my leaders can’t bring me back to founder level. Is there any way to become a founder again once I join again?

Emberguard

Nope. One of the leaders will be automatically promoted to Founder if all Founders go inactive for 30 days, if they log into that world again the 30 days reset

AwesomeAadi10

Nope. One of the leaders will be automatically promoted to Founder if all Founders go inactive for 30 days, if they log into that world again the 30 days reset
Ok thx! So I guess I’m going to have to wait a month for one of the leaders to get promoted to founder and then for them to promote me.

master468

OK. Have a questions here. Went rounds and rounds with support trying to get to the bottom on how this works. I was told that each founder was looked at separately. If one goes inactive for 30 days then they would be removed as founder and a new one promoted. An earlier comment seems to suggest that ALL have to be inactive for 30 days before this will happen. Can I get a clarification as to how this actually works (from a developer would be nice). Here is why I'm asking. We have 4 founders. 2 are active (just enough) but will not respond to my messages to participate in the guild or level someone up (everyone else are just members). I've even went to the other worlds they are in and tried to contact them there and even sent a friend request. All attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. As for the other 2 it looks like they have stopped playing as I've been watching ForgeDB and have not seen any activity (world remain red) and there has been no points change in over a year. We have may guild member who like the guild and want to advance it back to where it was as well as open new GE levels which we need someone to do. This is becoming frustrating to us all as we want to play these aspects of the game but can't. Currently there are only 4 founders (with obviously no desired to associate with the guild). We have no leaders, moderators, inviters, notifiers, trusted members or battleground offices, This guild is effectively DOA but many of the members are active, some very active, and all we want is the ability to build this guild and play the game as the designers intended. As there are a lot of members and lots invested we do NOT want to leave and start all over.
I understand why rules like this are put in place but feel (and bet everyone in my situation would agree) that the role of guild founder is important in game play to the extent that just logging in/out once every 30 days shouldn't be enough to keep this status. They should have to do something within the guild itself. It only takes a few seconds to checkout the guild profile. If they cannot spend a few seconds a month to "check-in" with the guild then they certainly have no interest in being a active part of the guild nor have any desire to hold the role of founder. With hopes this get to a designer/developer or someone with influence I say PLEASE consider the importance of the founder role and make improvements to the way this role is managed in regards to inactive or uncaring members.

RazorbackPirate

As long as the Founders are active, "just enough", there's nothing you can do, and nothing Inno will do. Face it, it's time to find a new guild. It seems the draw of your current guild is the active members, so why not all move in mass to that same guild. I'm sure there are many small active guilds that would welcome an influx of new, active members.

No amount of proposing or support will get Inno to change the rules. As you say, they're there for a reason. Stop fighting reality and just accept things as they are. Find a new guild with your mates and be done with your non-responsive leaders.