• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best American Aircraft Company

DeletedUser

Out of these 10 aircraft companies, which do you think is the best? Note: This is about the characteristics of USAF aircraft, and might be somewhat confusing to understand. As you will find out, I think Lockheed is the best personally. Here are the 10 aircraft companies:

Lockheed
Boeing
Bell
Sikorsky
McDonnell Douglas
North American
Airbus
Cessna
Curtiss-Wright
ICON

Notice: Aircraft company names are copyrighted names that belong to their respective owners. I do not claim to own any of these, as I am not rich and famous. *Sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

I don't care about the aircraft actually. Any Aircraft can be total crap if not maintained. I'd make my opinions based on the Airlines themselves. But hey that is just me.

I am a Southwest flyer. Even when I worked for Jet Blue, I flew Southwest :D

DeletedUser

Yes but some aircraft, such as the P-80 Shooting Star had a tendency to blow up upon takeoff, which might put a damper in your day. :)

DeletedUser34

not really....I won't know which airline has which craft. I don't choose an airline based on the plane they have in their fleet. And I don't pick a time slot based off of which plane is making that run.

Nor

Do I think that a design flaw is any more or any less dangerous than a plane with poor maintenance...OR a plane that has O2 canisters improperly stored (explosion and crash in the everglades).

I despise flying. I made my first sober flight in January, but became a stressed out nightmare leading up to it, and stayed up the entire night before. And this most recent ones in March and April were meh, it is what it is. (and mind you the turbulence the other night was enough to make me rethink my choices :D) Anyway, my point in all of this, the Aircraft maker didn't play a role in anything, not the airline, the trip, the time, the turbulance...etc etc.

DeletedUser3422

I found Skunk Works to be an interesting read, it explained how some US military aircraft came to be. As for the best aircraft company; between corporate welfare, vote buying and union politics, best has less to do with a quality product and more with navigating the system.