• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Best buildings for supply production in Iron Age?

DeletedUser31505

I've hit a bit of a roadblock, my coins are building up fine, great in fact, but despite grinding all weekend, my supplies keep running out. Currently have the goat farm, the cider mill, and 4 blacksmiths (blacksmiths for a recurring request with random reward) I have the space for another Goat farm, but should i use it? or use a smaller, cheaper supply building, to have multiple productions at once?

DeletedUser28670

Take off the goat farm. Take off the blacksmiths. Use Butchers if you can afford them, (4,000 coins for one I think?)

DeletedUser26120

Personally I'd rush through iron age and not bother updating buildings. You should be able to get to EMA in a few days and it's much better there.

DeletedUser28670

Personally I'd rush through iron age and not bother updating buildings. You should be able to get to EMA in 2-3 days and it's much better there.
I'd say stay a week or two building up your coins & supplies (sounds like he's having a bit of a rough time with supplies), but that's just my opinion.

Anyways, back on topic, Butchers are the most efficient options for supplies (13.33 per hour and tile, ahead of 11 for the Goat Farm) in the Iron Age, unless you count Tailors (diamond-costing production buildings)

In my relatively new Iron Age city, I have 12 butchers and about the same amount of cottages, planning to stay there for a while, getting GBs up and gathering goods. I have no trouble with supplies at all, but I'm worrying about coins a bit, only 100 k coins compared to 400 k supplies...

DeletedUser31505

working on unlocking butchers, But i will switch over to those. I plan to build up my coin and supplies before advancing to EMA, since i understand coins and supplies become a bit more valuable in the later ages. Would really suck to hit EMA or LMA and suddenly have no efficient means of supply/coin production without removing goods production.

So once i unlock butcher, I will get on that. (for now trying to boost supply with recurring quests with hidden/random rewards)