• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Day of your life?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2557
  • Start date

DeletedUser2557

:smile:8):razz::whistle::evil::p:smile::luck::charge::defend:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm hard to say....
I could go the Wildcard and say the day I married my wife of some 15 yrs! But then what about the day they woke me up in hospital and said they had a donors liver for me as I lay there with less than 90days so they said(now approaching 5yrs since then)?Or the day I passed my State Boards to be a Licensed Counselor,or would it be the day I was Water Baptized?,. Really hard to narrow it down!!! But one of my favored memories is from when I was 17 in the US Army(Yes 17 and a US Infantryman,back in the days of the Olive Drab Army and C-Rations),I was on leave just having finished Boot/AIT its called OSUT actually...and was having breakfast at a local restaurant in Tampa Fl. I was introduced to a 16 yr old girl form Rhode Island. Latter she called me over to her house....we ...ummm...well we listened to RUSH album Caress of Steel. "The Necromancer".....and well the rest is is for me and my memories,that comes to my mind when I'm alone or out on the water etc........these 33 yrs latter.

DeletedUser

VonRichter, I think I got you beat. Ditto, in Army at 17 with OD an "C"s. Met my wife in a crowded mess hall where she "saved me a seat". She broke the ice to "bum" a cigarette. That night was our first "date" (Jan 31) as I tried to teach her to read a map. She "chased me around" the table all evening, but learned enough to pass her test. Two weeks later on Valentine's Day I proposed. March 1, I was back in Germany. After she "got cold feet", I flew back from Germany, drove 370 miles to have her tell me "No" to my face. Memorial Day weekend in MA with no one around to marry us, we left. Ended up the day after, May 26, in Sparta,NC. One of her friends and a man pulled in from the hall to witness the marriage by a justice of the peace. 31+ years, church ceremony, 3 girls, 5 grandkids later, we are still going strong.

DeletedUser

For me it will be 32 years this year. Met right after high school in a video game center. He and his friends were playing the game I had top score in - we started talking about Monty Python and D&D...haven't stopped yet.

DeletedUser

Would it be the day I experienced the euphoria of death and the feelings of being brought back; or the day I was run over by a JD4630 tractor on duels and knew the feelings of death approaching allowing me to fight it off because I had a young child and wife? It could be the day the drunk that put me back into a wheelchair after 4 years of above accident was not allowed to plea after I told the D-A he told me to get over it many people drive drunk. The day my 96 year grandmother who raised me and I was now primary caregiver told me she felt honored to have had me in her life would top the above. My dream of being a fish farmer was highlighted after 15 years of farming to become debt free. No, no the time I realized after 30 years of marriage that I did indeed love my wife more than any other (including my beloved grandmother). I think not it must be the day I realized there indeed is a god that loves us. There are too many contenders to do this justice I am sure if I were to do this tomorrow it would be different.

DeletedUser

The best day I ever had is when my father took me to a baseball game when I was 16. I will always remember that...miss you dad. He was a fan of war, and every spear I strike into my enemies is in his name.

DeletedUser

Awesome reply! to jbtcajun. Wow.

I miss my Dad too Auronus. No matter how old I get... I still miss my parents too.

DeletedUser5129

Would it be the day I experienced the euphoria of death and the feelings of being brought back; or the day I was run over by a JD4630 tractor on duels and knew the feelings of death approaching allowing me to fight it off because I had a young child and wife? It could be the day the drunk that put me back into a wheelchair after 4 years of above accident was not allowed to plea after I told the D-A he told me to get over it many people drive drunk. The day my 96 year grandmother who raised me and I was now primary caregiver told me she felt honored to have had me in her life would top the above. My dream of being a fish farmer was highlighted after 15 years of farming to become debt free. No, no the time I realized after 30 years of marriage that I did indeed love my wife more than any other (including my beloved grandmother). I think not it must be the day I realized there indeed is a god that loves us. There are too many contenders to do this justice I am sure if I were to do this tomorrow it would be different.
I've had near death experiences too. It makes you appreciate life so much more.

DeletedUser

I liked the first day I spent in Hawaii. I go there every summer for 3 weeks! :)

DeletedUser

i dont have a fancy elaborate story sorry, but hands down the best day of my life is the day my daughter was born and i held her for the first time. nothing else has, or probably will ever compare to that day

DeletedUser

Best day of my life was when I found Forge of Empires. Is there a thread for worst day of your life?